Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-05-28

Random episode:
Hm i see where this is getting. I know the what-shall-we-watch dilemma all too well...
Problem is that i don't maintain an episode list unless in detail view, so picking a random episode could only be done on season level.
I'll give it some thought, just don't expect too much...

Youtube playback:
Found it by trial and error: XBMCs calling scheme changed from plugin://plugin.video.youtube/ to addon://plugin.video.youtube/
I've adjusted accordingly.

Rating songs:
This isn't possible through JSON.
But you can - at least when using confluence - adjust the rating by pressing up / down (aka doing gestures) when XBMC is in visualization mode with the song info on screen.

- Montevideo - 2011-05-28

Random movie might be quite nice too? Or maybe a choice of one from three picked at random?

Reckon I'd use that a lot...

And how about a random time filler? Say I've got two and a half hours until I need to do something else - tell the app how long you have and it finds stuff (episodes or movies or both) to fill the time at random.

Perhaps straying from the remote concept a little there though Big Grin

- meridius - 2011-05-28

Hi there, just got your update and not to sure about the remote fanart behind the controls, just a couple of suggestions.

1 have an off option just in case you people do not like it
2 if your going to have fanart on
a, have it fill the whole space and not have it have a boarder top and bottem does not look right would be better to fill the space.
b, Or have it just fill the touch part and have a boarder on the fanart.

would be a good option to have in landscape mode but the portrait mode seems spot on

cheers

- texaco - 2011-05-28

Tvshows:
When using banners for tvshows with small thumbnails option there is a great deal of screenspace that dont get used. (the banner is centered)

Suggestion #1:
-For each line display two banners side-by-side instead of one banner per line

Music:
Wouldnt it be great to have a very simple listview when you navigate music?
Im talking about small text no icons/fanart and maybe a splitscreen where on the left side you get a list of songs and on the right side a playlist so you can quickly create a playlist?

Suggestion #2:
-create a very simple playlist-editor with splitscreen (songs | current playlist)

Grea job Big Grin keep on working!

- Roncore - 2011-05-28

I've got a really strange thing going on. Last night I updated to the latest version, and it worked great, showed fanart, and all that jazz. This morning I got up, and it won't show any movies, files, anything, just the spinning circle. The stranger thing is that I can still use the gestures, but nothing else. I uninstalled it, reinstalled, reconfigured, same thing. Checked the firewall, still off, settings are all correct. Any suggestions?

- jackmeehan - 2011-05-28

Montevideo Wrote:Random movie might be quite nice too? Or maybe a choice of one from three picked at random?

Reckon I'd use that a lot...

And how about a random time filler? Say I've got two and a half hours until I need to do something else - tell the app how long you have and it finds stuff (episodes or movies or both) to fill the time at random.

Perhaps straying from the remote concept a little there though Big Grin
+1

Although there would need to be options to exclude certain tv shows from this for it to work. You don't want to be watching random episodes of prison break etc. Big Grin

- Mannyman - 2011-05-29

grywnn Wrote:crashes when downloading tv shows will be fixed, see four posts above.
Got one more for the list of things that will be fixed in the next few days:
- Adding a second server or editing an existing crashes the app on iPhone / iPod.

Ah, just sent you a bug report via the App Store for this very issue. Glad to see you're already a step ahead of me!

Love your app!

- lndiana - 2011-05-29

Thank you for this update.
No more crashes! Smile
And very usefull search feature.
Just some littles bugs/requests:
- in artist flat view, we cannot search by artist but only by album name. Could be simpliest to always do a full text search on all field (artist, album, track) whatever the view. No?
- the album image is not always correctly align when we pass in landscape or portrait.
- at the startup, the top status bar is still in Wood (bookshell style) even the App is in list view for a few second.
- in the iPhone App : some playlist buttons stay in bookshelf style in other styles.
- in the iPhone App : some buttons pixelize.

Thank you for this wonderful App

- jackmeehan - 2011-05-29

grywnn: Could this be any help to you with the "Random Episode" concept?

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma-pre/script.randomitems/

- Roncore - 2011-05-29

Any idea on the post I made yesterday?

- jackmeehan - 2011-05-29

@Roncore: Maybe something else is using the port you have configured in XBMC? I have limited knowledge, but the gestures use JSON which has a pre determined port and is not user configurable and the content portion uses HTTP, so it is possible one could be working without the other. Try change the HTTP Port to something unusual like 8099 etc...

- mobious - 2011-05-29

Hi, awesome App. I do have one issue with the recent update though, my IP changed from my XBMC HTPC so I had to re-cache my media, Movies works fine but when I try and re-cache my TV Shows the App constantly crashes, any ideas? I have cached TV Shows before this update and everything was fine.

Edit: Also it only seems to happen on my iPad 2, my iPhone 4 caches TV Shows just fine so I have no clue whats causing this...

- eTip - 2011-05-30

I know I have seen it discussed before but I searched this thread & couldn't find it:

Why doesn't the keyboard work on this App? I recall someone mentioning that it works with the nightlies but I don't want to move to a nightly for multiple reasons.

I am running Dharma 10.1 (latest release) on ATV2. Just updates the App on iPad.

- grywnn - 2011-05-30

Hi everyone,

first of all: Random payback is on my list. Don't know if i'll get it working or where to put the button - i'd like to keep the interface as clean and simple as posible.
Triggering the random items script might be a valid solution.
This might even be posible already by adding a custom button. I'll give it a try and post the result here if i succeed.

@meridius:
Noted. I'll add a switch to the system settings to turn off fanart on the remote control.

@texaco:
There was some (programming related) reason i didn't put two banners next to each other, i just can't remember it...
Playlist improvements: I'll leave that for now, will wait until XBMC officially supports reordering (already does in nightlies). I admit that it would be great to have a splitview then, with the playlist in the big and the library in the small window.

@Roncore:
Spinning wheel means the app is waiting for a response to a json request that doesn't come.
Please check if XBMCs webinterface is working, and working fast. If it takes quite long for your movies to load (chad.walters had that issue) then there's probably something wrong with your library.

@Indiana:
i've put the bugs on my list.

@mobious:
Known issue, reported a few times already, update has been submitted to apple, should be available in the next few days.

@eTip:
See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=91581 under "control"
Have you tried switching on the atv workaround in the ipads system settings?

- meridius - 2011-05-30

meridius Wrote:Hi there Just got myself an ipad at last great app used it on the iphone but love it even more on the ipad

thought i would give you some suggestions on maybe making it better what about adding a total button like this in my pictures

what do you think ? just a rought picture just to give you the idea

also would like to star rating & duration in fanart view

what about adding somthing that can tell you what the file type is so that you know if its a dvd,bluray or web-dl or HDTV is that possable ?

Would love to be able to have an option to put the tv specials at the end of the list of seasons instead at teh front as ll specials on the xbmc are at the end of the lsit not to keen on it been at the front

What about adding tv seasons numbering in fanart view like you have in the black background view as an option

Possable bug if you hit to movies at teh same time by accident it locks the remote up or it can make the box cover lock up in the centre of the screen thoguth i would let you know as the odd time i have hit to covers at the same time and causes problems

Question does the xbmc commander save its setting when you sync with itunes to the computer ?

cheers

@grywnn any chance of adding this ?

alao the fanart for the remote sidre of it needs to fit the top and bottem, does not look right with the boarder, I know you said your hoing to add a off option for this but i hope you will add a 3rd option wheres the fanart just covers the touch remote part with a blends into the green boarder so it looks like a fanart touch pad and the controls are not overlaping the fanart.

i hope you understand that , lol

cheers great app bought an ipad2 just for this