Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Commander - Yet another unofficial third-party XBMC remote for iPad (/showthread.php?tid=81018)

- grywnn - 2011-11-07

@sampson:
I'd guess some other program on your XBMC machine is using the same port as XBMC.
Please try changing XBMCs webserver port both in XBMC (Settings -> Network -> Services) and in Commander to something different than 80 (XBMC on windows default - poor choice IMHO, cause this is often used by all kind of webservices). Change it from 80 to 8080 for example.

- toymachine2009 - 2011-11-07

isamu.dragon Wrote:works with current nightlies (mostly).

Hangs for a while when loading movies, may be because I gave Movie Sets.

Your right thank you!

- xtlc - 2011-11-07

flxfxp Wrote:Hey grywnn,

I love the XBMC Commander app, it rocks! However, I don't like the whole schoolboard kind of look. It would be awesome to have a theme that looks kind of like this:

What do you think? Thanks and keep on rocking!
I want this. Where do I need to make a donation?

- sampson - 2011-11-08

grywnn Wrote:@sampson:
I'd guess some other program on your XBMC machine is using the same port as XBMC.
Please try changing XBMCs webserver port both in XBMC (Settings -> Network -> Services) and in Commander to something different than 80 (XBMC on windows default - poor choice IMHO, cause this is often used by all kind of webservices). Change it from 80 to 8080 for example.

Still can't get it to work. Here's a bit more information. You'll need to click the thumbnails I think. Hopefully someone can see why this isn't working. Huh

Also made a video here regarding the firewall rules I setup. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFeDIQ8IRMI

- xtlc - 2011-11-08

Does it work if you deactivate windows firewall completely?
Do you use a router? Can you ping it?

- sampson - 2011-11-09

Tried disabling Windows Firewall altogether and still no change.

I do use a router. I have a router in my office that my 2 media computers "talk" to for internet access.

Ping?

- xtlc - 2011-11-09

sampson Wrote:Ping?
Stupid Question maybe... but is your iPhone connected via wifi? Or just 3G?

- lndiana - 2011-11-09

An other thing to verify : to you have a dual-mode wifi router?
iPhone and iPad don't love mixed mode between 2,4 and 5Ghz nor mixed mode between wifi n and wifi g...
I have to setup up a separate single mode wifi connection (5Ghz / wifi n only) to stop loosing connection with XBMC.

- sampson - 2011-11-09

xtlc Wrote:Stupid Question maybe... but is your iPhone connected via wifi? Or just 3G?

Yes, it's connected via wifi.

lndiana Wrote:An other thing to verify : to you have a dual-mode wifi router?
iPhone and iPad don't love mixed mode between 2,4 and 5Ghz nor mixed mode between wifi n and wifi g...
I have to setup up a separate single mode wifi connection (5Ghz / wifi n only) to stop loosing connection with XBMC.

Ugh... I have no idea. It's the Netgear WNR2000.

artist thumb size / album click - kengelbr - 2011-11-09

Hello grywnn,

we already had contact through private email. Thank you so much for all the features you implemented into XBMX-Commander so far. Also thanks for the bugfixes and nightly-adaption, I know how hard it is to depend on the work of others...

Well, two things to mention (all inside the music part of xbmc):

In my former email I asked about the size of the artist-thumbnails. At the moment this is something like a 4:3 size, but the thumbs I provide (and which are shown in xbmc) are a square. So in the bookshelf-view the pins are going into the heads of the artists because there are some pixels missing at the upper and lower side Laugh You told me you might change the size of this thumbnails to a square size...how's the state? Wink

As a second thing I have to tell you, even after all the updates and fixes I sometimes have the following problem: I tap an artist, all albums are shown. Fine. I can tap at the first few albums and the details (in my case as fanart-view) are shown. But then there are albums I just can't tap on! It simply happens nothing! I have to restart the app to make it work. I'm sorry but I can't give you any details or any kind of way to repeat this behavior...it seems random.

Some details:
- always the latest update from the AppStore
- happens with the latest stable build of xbmc but also with nightlys
- seems to be a xbmc-commander issue...

Thanks for your great support!
Kind regards
Kai

- phyrros1 - 2011-11-09

kengelbr Wrote:Hello grywnn,

As a second thing I have to tell you, even after all the updates and fixes I sometimes have the following problem: I tap an artist, all albums are shown. Fine. I can tap at the first few albums and the details (in my case as fanart-view) are shown. But then there are albums I just can't tap on! It simply happens nothing! I have to restart the app to make it work. I'm sorry but I can't give you any details or any kind of way to repeat this behavior...it seems random.

Some details:
- always the latest update from the AppStore
- happens with the latest stable build of xbmc but also with nightlys
- seems to be a xbmc-commander issue...

Thanks for your great support!
Kind regards
Kai

I experience the same problem. It happens very often that once tapped on an album it opens into whatever view and when closed again another tap won't open it again. To make it work I need to switch to "Remote" and than go back to Music again

Rgds

Phyrros

- sampson - 2011-11-11

Any help? Sad

- grywnn - 2011-11-11

Sorry, been out of town the last two days, with little time.

@sampson
One more thing to test:
Open a browser, both on iPhone and on one of your pcs, and type in http://192.168.1.2:8080
You should see XBMCs webinterface.
If you don't, theres either something wrong with your wifi (if everything works fine on your pc) or with your XBMC setup or your firewall / router (if you can't connect from a pc either).
I would put these down as networking issues, which are quite hard to debug from a distance.
However if you can see the webinterface on your iPhone, you have a configuration problem in XBMC Commander.

@kengelbr
Still have the square artist thumbs in mind, but trouble with nightlies got in my way...
Running in a few (minor) problem on the way:
- I'll need to adjust most layouts for this, since i have a small dropshadow that's got to be adjusted.
- I'll need to add a mechanism to detect if a cached artist thumb is still 4:3 and reload it. Sounds easy, but is actually quite hard :-)

The other issue:
Thanks for reporting, i'll try to reproduce.
Sounds like an invisible container (using this for the flip animation) gets stuck and overlays some covers.

Squeezebox layout:
Like it, but the app is very strongly tied to a single-table-layout.
Going to what is called a split view in apples terms would require pretty basic reprogramming.

- nickfrissen - 2011-11-11

Help me please! Wink

He may well find the folders.But the content can not be found.
Files are found on the Apple tv!

What am I doing wrong?

- grywnn - 2011-11-11

Good news everyone!

After some discussion on the JSON thread, i think i found a) the reason for the overly long movie queries on aTV and b) a workaround!!
Be ready for the next update, things should get a lot quicker with slow systems (aka aTVs)!

@nickfrissen
First thing i've got to ask: Did you scan your sources in XBMC, and does XBMC run in library mode?