Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=81052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - harrison3001 - 2012-06-06

IMPORTANT! (About Login Errors)
I investigated the settings.xml (AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.vimeo\settings.xml) into the userdata folder of the Vimeo plugin and i found something strange:

<setting id="userid" value="" />

As you note its value is empty so i filled it with mine --> value="myvimeouserid" (it may differ from the login one, in my case the e-mail) and I started XBMC then the Vimeo add-on and the list of choiches is presented like i was logged in eg. My Likes, My Watch Later etc.

Sadly when i click My Watch later for example, the add-on reverts and required to login again into Vimeo.
Then i reopened settings.xml and the setting value="myvimeouserid" returned empty (value="").

Hope someone could fix.

Thanks to everyone at all.
Andrea

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - kevjs1982 - 2012-06-07

I've just installed for the first time (latest version of XBMC) and am seeing the exact same behaviour as harrison3001 in the post above.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - zinin - 2012-06-09

I have trouble with logon too.

You switched to a new style on Vimeo ? ( vimeo.com/new )
20:49:05 T:3772 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?path=/root/login&action=settings&
20:49:05 T:3772 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vimeo/?path=/root/login&action=settings&) failed

What is the latest version of the plugin? 2.1.0 or 1.1.0?

I try hack with <setting id="userid" value="" /> - exact same behaviour as harrison3001 in the post above

[RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - jj0076 - 2012-06-15

I'm also having the same issue referred to in the posts above. Is there a fix coming soon for this please? I think this would be my most used plugin if the login issues were resolved. Thanks in advance.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - Sam Lowry - 2012-06-15

Anybody else have lousy audio with this plugin? The video looks great, but I've tried multiple videos and they all sound scratchy. I just installed the plugin and haven't yet logged into my account.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - HenrikDK - 2012-06-15

(2012-06-06, 11:43)harrison3001 Wrote: IMPORTANT! (About Login Errors)
I investigated the settings.xml (AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.vimeo\settings.xml) into the userdata folder of the Vimeo plugin and i found something strange:

<setting id="userid" value="" />

As you note its value is empty so i filled it with mine --> value="myvimeouserid" (it may differ from the login one, in my case the e-mail) and I started XBMC then the Vimeo add-on and the list of choice is presented like i was logged in eg. My Likes, My Watch Later etc.

Sadly when i click My Watch later for example, the add-on reverts and required to login again into Vimeo.
Then i reopened settings.xml and the setting value="myvimeouserid" returned empty (value="").

Hope someone could fix.

Thanks to everyone at all.
Andrea

Hi, its not enough to just supply the username of your vimeo account, we also need a seperate authentication tokens from vimeo's API. This sadly requires that we have can perform an HTTP-login in order to verify the plugin automatically and retrieve the token.

This would normally work fine - BUT, Vimeo recently launched a complete redesign of their homepage and during this time their login page has been so unstable (ie. we would fix our login code and it was broken the next day.) that we gave up tracking their changes for the time being..

We're currently working on bug fixing releases for all our plugins (Blip.Tv and YouTube being mostly ready) but due to the drastic changes in Vimeos site, and the aforementioned login issues, it will be a while before we have a fix ready for this plugin. Sad
(2012-06-15, 18:58)Sam Lowry Wrote: Anybody else have lousy audio with this plugin? The video looks great, but I've tried multiple videos and they all sound scratchy. I just installed the plugin and haven't yet logged into my account.

Hi any and all playback issues are entirely XBMC related. XBMC has in my experience lately been terrible at handling MP4 files which if my memory serves me correctly is what Vimeo uses.
(2012-06-09, 18:47)zinin Wrote: What is the latest version of the plugin? 2.1.0 or 1.1.0?

The login issues are known and being worked on, as described above.

The latest version is alway the one with the highest number, the 1.x series was for the old version of XBMC which we no longer support, please ensure that you're using XBMC 11.0 and the 2.x series.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - jj0076 - 2012-06-16

Thanks for the update. Good luck with the work on the Vimeo plugin. Looking forward to seeing it.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - HenrikDK - 2012-06-25

Hi,

We've just issued a push request for version 2.2.0 of the plugin, this basically kills all scraper code making the plugin entirely api dependent, and hopefully alot more stable.. this also fixes login problems.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - squarefrog - 2012-06-25

Cant wait to try it!

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - neograniceni - 2012-06-26

Installed version 2.2.0, SD resolution only bug is still present.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - jeanwilly - 2012-06-26

Works wonderfull on xbmc4xbox (i have it adapted to)
nice work
Thanks

Regards Jan (skatulskijean)

AW: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - Greenkeeper - 2012-06-26

I get a "script failure:plugin.vimeo" ... why? And how can i fix it?

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - HenrikDK - 2012-07-22

Hi, theres currently a problem with the plugin, seems like it wont playback any videos in HD, I'm working on a fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - sconstantin - 2012-08-07

(2012-04-30, 10:07)neograniceni Wrote: Edit line 144 in VimeoPlayer.py as follows:

change

Code:
quality = self.selectVideoQuality(params)

to

Code:
quality = "hd"

I have not enough skills in Python/XBMC addons programming for further investigation, seems to be the problem with isHD param not getting proper value for HD videos, so this is just some first aid until developers fix it. I don't watch sd videos anyway. If you use Windows OS you can find VimeoPlayer.py in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vimeo\ folder.

I have another temporary solution that will allow SD and HD playback. Reverse the previous fix and modify lines 166 - 183 as follows:

Code:
#        if get("action") == "download":
#            hd_quality = int(self.settings.getSetting("hd_videos_download"))
#            if (hd_quality == 0):
#                hd_quality = int(self.settings.getSetting("hd_videos"))
#        else:
#            if (not get("quality")):
#                hd_quality = int(self.settings.getSetting("hd_videos"))
#            else:
#                if (get("quality") == "720p"):
#                    hd_quality = 2
#                else:
#                    hd_quality = 1

#        if (hd_quality > 1 and vget("isHD", "0") == "1"):
        if (vget("isHD", "0") == "1"):
            quality = "hd"

#        if hd_quality == 0 and not get("quality") and vget("isHD", "0") == "1":
#            return self.userSelectsVideoQuality(params)

RE: [RELEASE] Vimeo (Video) Plugin - De facto default standard Vimeo Addon for XBMC - Matt Devo - 2012-08-09

just pulled/installed v2.3.0 from the repo, login and playback work great, but I can't play password-protected files. Is this a known issue? Any workaround? thanks!