Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=81775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Internationalization experience - vaton4 - 2010-12-30

OK, now my language support works.

First thing you have to create is new lang.xx.js file (where xx is short for your language). Make sure the file is bug-free (remember - it is javascript, not just text file!) as jquery.mkf.js rejects buggy files without any warnings. Firebug is great tool for this.

Next important thing is adding link to the index.html header. Near the line:
<script src="js/lang/lang.en.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
add your own pointing to lang.xx.js file.
BMHO this is not very good way to add new languages, as for every new language the index.html file is one line longer ...

Now reload AWX, go to Settings and select your language. Working? then well done.

Accentued character - Alessandrol - 2010-12-30

Hi,

vaton4 Wrote:Next important thing is adding link to the index.html header. Near the line:
<script src="js/lang/lang.en.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
add your own pointing to lang.xx.js file.

This has worked for me (thanks for the info) but can't get it to work properly because of é è .. character. BUT it continue to appear in my language list I just added two é at the begining of th file and it appears now like this :
I edited lang.fr.js with nano remotely via ssh.
Have a nice day.

- ppic - 2010-12-30

covert your file in utf8 i bet.

Solution found - Alessandrol - 2010-12-30

ppic Wrote:covert your file in utf8 i bet.
In fact the problem is that it's UTF-8 but after adding
<meta name="http-equiv" content="Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
in index.htm
and changing
<script src="js/lang/lang.fr.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

I make it work.
Nice evening ..

- Livin - 2011-01-02

MKay,
Do you have a roadmap?

I have a feature suggestions.

User Definable and/or Source specific buttons:
- possibly on the left menu, or a separates Favorites page that user could set as a start page.
- ability to hide buttons (in case not all sources should be viewable on the web page)
- would like to have shortcut/bookmark buttons to enable jumping directly to specific locations. Example...

button: "Kids Videos" , location: Source from XBMC = 'Kids Videos'

Playlist Bug with Foreign Language - Robikonobi - 2011-01-03

Great work Mkay with AWX! It really is awesome. I noticed a bug and would be really greatful if you can address. For foreign language files (in my case with chinese character as filenames)...the filenames display properly in the file manager and the nowplaying section at the bottom, but for some reason when you open the playlist itself...each of the files shows up as "N/A." Is this something that can be easily fixed?

I also have a feature request. Would it be easy to add video playlist management capability to AWX? For example, moving video files on playlist up and down or automatically removing individual video files after they've been played? With these added feature, you will have created the ultimate video queuing/karaoke selection tool that I know a number of user (including myself) would greatly appreciate. If I can assist in testing or debugging...please let me know.

Special character - Alessandrol - 2011-01-03

Robikonobi Wrote:Great work Mkay with AWX! It really is awesome. I noticed a bug and would be really greatful if you can address. For foreign language files (in my case with chinese character as filenames)...the filenames display properly in the file manager and the nowplaying section at the bottom, but for some reason when you open the playlist itself...each of the files shows up as "N/A." Is this something that can be easily fixed?

Try to add at the beginning of index.htm

Here it works!

- Bobby Blixberg - 2011-01-04

kees667 Wrote:Just installed Dharma 10.0 and this as a first addon. It works great but I have one question/issue.

Also new to Dharma 10, but have problems with AWX: It constantly says "Initialize XBMC-lib ..."

Under XBMC 9.11 AWX worked fine here...

Any hints?

- Robikonobi - 2011-01-05

Alessandrol Wrote:Try to add at the beginning of index.htm

Here it works!

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, adding the meta tag didn't help. The chinese files in the playlist still shows chinese characters as "N/A" even though the file plays properly and is displayed properly in the file selection screen and now playing screen. any other ideas?

- Alessandrol - 2011-01-05

Robikonobi Wrote:Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately, adding the meta tag didn't help. The chinese files in the playlist still shows chinese characters as "N/A" even though the file plays properly and is displayed properly in the file selection screen and now playing screen. any other ideas?

Has the file an ID3tag ? with chinese character ?
Here I have japanese character and don't have any problem displaying it (everywhere even in playlist view).
Which browser gave you display problem ?
Did you try to clear the cache after adding the meta tag ?
(because it could load the version from the cache without the meta tag)(Has the same problem when adding a language uses the cached version by default)
Have a nice day

- Bobby Blixberg - 2011-01-05

My problem has solved itself over night... \o/

Movies and Music, but where are the Pictures? :) - da123456 - 2011-01-05

I just installed XBMC for the first time a couple of minutes ago, loaded your Web Interface Addon and it works for me, but it's actually not what I really wanted *g*

So I have just one quick question to you:
Do you plan on adding support for picture libraries?

Why I'm asking:
I (for now) just want to use the XBMC which should run on my windows home server for browsing my picture collection over the web, so that I can access them from everywhere.

Offtopic:
Is there any other alternative based on XBMC for my intention? Or does anyone has another solution how I could access my pictures? The WHS Interface is just ugly and afaik there is no nice addin existent. Please PM me! I don't want to hijack this thread. Thank you in advance.

- Robikonobi - 2011-01-07

Alessandrol Wrote:Has the file an ID3tag ? with chinese character ?
Here I have japanese character and don't have any problem displaying it (everywhere even in playlist view).
Which browser gave you display problem ?
Did you try to clear the cache after adding the meta tag ?
(because it could load the version from the cache without the meta tag)(Has the same problem when adding a language uses the cached version by default)
Have a nice day

Allesandrol - Thanks for your input. Unfortunately, clearing the internet cache did not help the matter. As it turns out, I'm having the problem regardless if the filenames are in chinese or not (i.e problem is not language related). Any music or video files (even if in english) when you add it to the playlist via the "file" selection menu (i.e. not from XBMC library) will show up as "N/A" on the playlist. There appears to be a bug within the application for adding "files" that are not in the library to the playlist. These files will show up as N/A in the playlist.

MKay - Is this something that can be easily fixed?

- Livin - 2011-01-07

MKay,
Almost a month since your last post on the UI... are you still planning to enhance it? I hope so, this is the best UI yet and I'd love to see this go farther!

Movie Sets Do not show up in AWX - embo - 2011-01-07

To create movie sets (groupings) I followed this guide: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_Sets

This works well in the XBMC interface. However, none of the movies that I have in sets show up in AWX.

Could you please investigate?

Thanks! Love this UI!!!