Kodi Community Forum
[Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+---- Thread: [Web Interface Addon] AWX - Ajax based Web Interface Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=81775)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

- loki131 - 2011-04-22

It has to do with how the webpage is built, the player controls are anchored to the bottom of the screen which isn't a problem if you are using a scroll bar. However when you try to interact with the page using a touch screen the scroll area defaults to the top layer (the player controls) which unfortunately is just the size of your screen. I took a quick peek at the code and it's nothing I've worked with before and I personally don't have the time to dig in and figure it out especially when there are plenty of good alternatives out there.

I agree it would be nice to have one interface that can be accesed from many different types of devices. Big Grin It sounds like the whole web interface part of xbmc is getting an overhaul with eden so we may get something then but for now I think we are stuck with apps.

- crooksy - 2011-04-25

I tried installing this plug-in and everything appears to work fine, however when I try to access the web interface the old default XBMC interface still appears. I have cleared the browser cache and have looked at the plug-in settings to make sure it is enabled and all seems to be fine.

However I see that the default XBMC web interface is still enabled and I can't disable it since the option is greyed out.

Any ideas or am I doing something wrong?

- UsagiYojimbo - 2011-04-27

crooksy Wrote:However I see that the default XBMC web interface is still enabled and I can't disable it since the option is greyed out.

I believe the default web-interface is displaying because You did not select AWX in Network Settings.Nerd

- crooksy - 2011-04-27

UsagiYojimbo Wrote:I believe the default web-interface is displaying because You did not select AWX in Network Settings.Nerd

Dooh! I should have noticed this - cheers.

- suture000 - 2011-05-01

Scrolling works fine on my N8 while using Opera.
It's nice to be able to change songs while on the patio.

AWX no longer working with dushmaniac PPA from April, 25th? - odoll - 2011-05-03

Hi,

I used awx since a couple of month with the dushmaniac XBMC Live-TV build.

However it looks like I can't queue/play anything since I upgraded to dushmaniac ppa build from April, 25th?

Is this a known problem?

- crooksy - 2011-05-03

crooksy Wrote:Dooh! I should have noticed this - cheers.
Works great now - especially in Google Chrome, I even added a Google Chrome XBMC Remote Extension and they work well together. It all makes for a nice backup controller on my laptop when my iPod Touch is charging.

- warmtoast - 2011-05-07

Hey guys. I've started turning the AWX interface into a Mac Widget. I haven't tested it on any computers other than my own so YMMV. Here's a link to its details.

What I've done is throw AWX at an existing Widget template, changed where AWX throws its requests (this is configured through the widget), and messed about with the CSS until it began to look all right.

If anyone is interested I'll keeping posting updates as I keep working on the code. There is still plenty to do.

Here is the link to the widget download. Hope it works for you (otherwise I'll have to go hide my head in shame). The usual warnings about alpha versions apply.

Cheers!

- koriar - 2011-05-08

This is a fantastic web interface, and my personal favorite one to use.

Would it be possible to display the "watched" status of TV Show episodes? I tend to leave shows until half a season has gone by and then watch them all at once. Because of this I often only remember where I was by the watched status.

Thanks - maty - 2011-05-09

I love this interface. I would like to add some feature request. Some of them I already implemented so i would like to share them with other people.

1. Modify default view for movies :
Code:
in addons\webinterface.awx\js\awx.js
                step4 : function() {
                    awxUI.init();
                    init.step5();
                             [b]ADD TIHS LINE    mkf.pages.showPage(awxUI.moviesPage);[/b]

}

2. View movie info by clicing on name of movie or image not only intormation button
Code:
in addons\webinterface.awx\js\awx.js from line aprox 664
                    var $movie = $(
                        '<div class="movie'+movie.movieid+' thumbWrapper thumb' + xbmc.getMovieThumbType() + 'Wrapper">' [b]+
                            '<div class="infoMaty">'+[/b]
                            '<div class="linkWrapper NoBlock">' +
                                '<a href="" class="play">

[b]Appropriate closing tag </div> to div infoMaty[/b]
[b]AND ADDING ACTION FOR SHOWING INFO LINE aprox 682    $movie.find('.infoMaty').bind('click', {'movie': movie}, nMovieInformationClick);[/b]

3. Closing movie information view by clicking on transparent parts
Code:
in \webinterface.awx\js\jquery.awx.js LINE 704
                $('body').append(
                    [b]'<div id="mkfDialogMaty' + dialogHandle +
                    '" class="mkfOverlayMaty">' +
                    '<div  class="myclose">' +[/b]
                    '<div id="mkfDialog' + dialogHandle +
                    '" class="mkfOverlay">' +
[b]AT AND APROPRIATE ENDING    '</div></div>[/b]</div>'
[b]ADDING FUNCTION:[/b]
                if (settings.closeButton) {
                    [b]$('#mkfDialogMaty' + dialogHandle + ' .myclose')
                        .click(function (e) {
                            if (e.target.className == 'mkfOverlay')
                            {
                                mkf.dialog.close(dialogHandle);
                                return false;
                            }                    
                        });[/b]
                    $('#mkfDialog' + dialogHandle + ' .close')
                        .click(function () {
                            mkf.dialog.close(dialogHandle); return false;
                        });

4. Feature request when you have movie information it would be awesome to have next and previous buttons. This was not really easy for me to implement it.

5. I would like to change design to use less space. For Play and enque use some icons(i use P and Eq text shourtcut) and for information delete button and use click anywhere on image or movie name like on screenshoot.

- Undrsiege - 2011-05-09

Anyone fixed the scrolling issue with Ipad yet?

thanks..

- Cadish - 2011-05-15

First of all, thanks for this addon! I just love it... Much better than the standard web interface.

Is there a possibility to add a "repeat" button? I found on the wiki that it should be possible:
Quote:PlayerControl(command) Allows control of music and videos. The command may be one of Play, Stop, Forward, Rewind, Next, Previous, BigSkipForward, BigSkipBackward, SmallSkipForward, SmallSkipBackward, Random, RandomOn, RandomOff, Repeat, RepeatOne, RepeatAll, RepeatOff, Partymode(music) or Partymode(video) or Partymode(path to .xsp file), and Record. Play will either pause, resume, or stop ffwding or rewinding. Random toggles random playback, Repeat cycles through the repeat modes, Partymode(music/video) toggles the appropriate partymode, defaults to music if no parameter is given, besides the default music or video partymode you can also pass a path to a custom smartplaylist (.xsp) as parameter. Record will work to record shoutcast streams (only?).

- politicorific - 2011-05-17

First off, thank you for this plug in! It rocks!

I have one request:

Is it possible to recursively cue music/media. For example I have a lot of folders of music, which have folders inside them. When I click "play" AWX reports that the music was queued, but nothing plays. Sad

- mullcom - 2011-05-22

First, I really thank you for a wonderful interface for the Web.
has also disturbed me that you have to have started TV to get IGAN a song.

but this is my problem. How do I get so the whole thing float the better.
It can be in any menut sometimes and chew at the same place.

sharing files from my NAS

- X3lectric - 2011-06-13

Using awx 0.32 with git bfb9048 built on 13th June 2011 when entering the http://xbmcip:port all I get is loading xbmc-lib the progress animation and nothing else.

Im using Firefox 3.6.17 and no errors on error console... Just loading xbmc-lib or initialising xbmc-lib.... Im not looking at it atm but doesnt load no matter how long its left...

The default web interface works ok.