Kodi Community Forum
Newznab - Anyone using it? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Newznab - Anyone using it? (/showthread.php?tid=82119)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Harro - 2012-12-27

Try your internal Ip 192.168.XXX.XXX:81 for web interface

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-27, 00:44)Harro Wrote: Try your internal Ip 192.168.XXX.XXX:81 for web interface

All resolved.

1. Set server VM with a static IP
2. Edit c:/UniServer/www/.htaccess, and add the IP of whatever client machine I'm trying to connect from to the allowed list.
3. Access via: http://x.x.x.x/newsnab/www where x.x.x.x is the IP of my server

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Talsit - 2012-12-27

(2012-12-20, 00:16)Aenima99x Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 22:02)wade32505 Wrote:
(2012-12-19, 06:13)Aenima99x Wrote: Why don't you guys just use the init script and run it as a service?

If you mean 'run it as a service' to be to run the script in the terminal when I ssh into it, then I would have to keep that terminal open for it to continue to run, wouldn't I? As it is, it runs continually after I've closed out the terminal and my connection.

Nope it runs on boot and continues to run regardless. It would be similar to SAB/CouchPotato/SickBeard/HeadPhones init scripts. You don't have to do anything, it will run on boot and continue to run the update_binaries & update_releases every 600 seconds by default.
Run the following from terminal
sudo cp /var/www/newznab/misc/update_scripts/nix_scripts/newznab_ubuntu.sh /etc/init.d/newznab
sudo chmod a+x /etc/init.d/newznab
sudo update-rc.d newznab defaults

you can then manually start/stop/restart it if you ever need to by doing sudo service newznab stop/start/restart

Some more Init/Upstart script info - here

I gave this a shot but now my Newznab VM doesn't respond when I try to access via my web browser.

When I Putty in to the VM the newznab_local.sh update script is running every 10 minutes and it is indexing but I can't access the results. Any ideas?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-28

Edit: found what I was looking for.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Oxize - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-22, 13:51)DrStrange Wrote: Did you change error_reporting = E_ALL to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT in php-cli.ini?
I have only php.ini and not php-cli.ini and getting the same errors. Searched my whole drive, but cant find the cli version. Is this file important?

And i am using Newznab Classis. If i run the 2 update scripts, only SD get filled with xvid movies. I have enabled also HD and x264, but those arent get filled.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-28

(2012-12-28, 19:11)Oxize Wrote:
(2012-12-22, 13:51)DrStrange Wrote: Did you change error_reporting = E_ALL to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_STRICT in php-cli.ini?
I have only php.ini and not php-cli.ini and getting the same errors. Searched my whole drive, but cant find the cli version. Is this file important?

And i am using Newznab Classis. If i run the 2 update scripts, only SD get filled with xvid movies. I have enabled also HD and x264, but those arent get filled.

My php-cli.ini is in the same folder as php.ini. Also, the classic (free) version won't do much. The premium version comes with the regex strings needed to complete releases. You'll have to create and import your own with the free version. Pony up the cash and get the paid version. Well worth it.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Harro - 2012-12-28

The free version of newznab only comes with 2 Release Regex while the donated version which will set up back a total of about 16 dollars has probably 50 or more, which will scrape the HD and x264.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - BatMan - 2012-12-28

Anyone has any info on how to set up Usenet Setting (newznab+), particularly how to change retention days.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - Oxize - 2012-12-28

Got newznab running on Xampp for windows.

Does anybody know how to hide the last 2 directories (newznab/www/) from http://10.0.0.161/newznab/www/ ?

So if i go to 10.0.0.161 that it directly points to my newznab directoy, or without the /wwww? This because, if i want to run it on the net private, it needs to be directed to an DNS which i already have, but "domainname/newznab/wwww" doesnt look so great Tongue

I am an noob to webservers. I installed this with all tuturials i could find on the internet.

@Joey: Could you send me that php-cli.ini?
@Batman: At admin > edit-site > Release Retention. Think thats what you need. Or : admin -> edit site -> Where to start new groups > days -> 1 (backfill)

[Edit]
For above question, i made an vhost. Now only need the ini file from Joey, because i am missing it.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - joeh1974 - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-28, 23:48)Oxize Wrote: Got newznab running on Xampp for windows.

Does anybody know how to hide the last 2 directories (newznab/www/) from http://10.0.0.161/newznab/www/ ?

So if i go to 10.0.0.161 that it directly points to my newznab directoy, or without the /wwww? This because, if i want to run it on the net private, it needs to be directed to an DNS which i already have, but "domainname/newznab/wwww" doesnt look so great Tongue

I am an noob to webservers. I installed this with all tuturials i could find on the internet.

@Joey: Could you send me that php-cli.ini?
@Batman: At admin > edit-site > Release Retention. Think thats what you need. Or : admin -> edit site -> Where to start new groups > days -> 1 (backfill)

[Edit]
For above question, i made an vhost. Now only need the ini file from Joey, because i am missing it.

Sorry, hadn't checked on this thread in a couple of days. I PM'd you my php-cli.ini file. Didn't look like I could send an attachment, so I sent you the text. Copy it into notepad, and save it as an .ini flle. Make sure you save it into the same directory where your php.ini file resides.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - HarryRosen - 2013-01-01

anyone know how to setup the nzPRE settings

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - fearsomesteve - 2013-01-01

Anyone tired setting up nn+ on a raspberry pi?

Would it work at all?

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - connors - 2013-01-02

(2013-01-01, 20:41)fearsomesteve Wrote: Anyone tired setting up nn+ on a raspberry pi?

Would it work at all?

I saw someone had set it up on irc.

He said it was running slower though, which would be expected.

RE: Newznab - Anyone using it? - vebud - 2013-01-02

I have it working. Since I want the pi to run headless I configured it to use the minimum amount of RAM possible for graphics (16 MB) and completely removed x server to keep install down to a minimum. Then I hooked up an external USB hard drive and mounted it as /var so that most read/writes will be performed on the hard drive instead of the sd card (logging, nzb files, mysql database etc).

I also installed nginx as the web server instead of apache as the former is more lightweight plus I found a tutorial on how to set it up.

I'm only interested in 2 newsgroups (though I may add a third) and I don't need to backfill them. I pointed my sabnzbd install to read the rss feed from newznab and it's working great. Don't think I'd try it with a large number of groups though.

I also setup the deletereleases.php to remove all categories I have no interest in viewing (e.g. PC ISOs, game console releases). This keeps my database down to a reasonable size.

AW: Newznab - Anyone using it? - cirkator - 2013-01-03

I want to set it up in a similar way. Can you tell me how to mount the external hdd as /var.
Thanks