Kodi Community Forum
Transparency! v3.11.7 for xbmc dharma 10.1 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Transparency! (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=115)
+----- Thread: Transparency! v3.11.7 for xbmc dharma 10.1 (/showthread.php?tid=82435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

- Tight_wad - 2010-12-08

I had posted before about a "recently added" issue, but have been to busy to get back to it. Now I realized that I had setup user profiles, and my issue was related to it.

So what I have found is that I have the "recently added" showing up correctly on the home screen including the movie thumb, as long as I have the "master profile" loaded, or no profiles setup at all.

If I do a "load" the user profile, then only the Movie title and year are displayed, the movie thumb is just the xbmc default. If I switch back to the the Master profile, it works properly again.

My settings for the additional user profile is with Media info and Media source set to "Shares with Default (Read Only)". None of the lock preferences set. And when created, I selected the use existing Profile settings, not the create new.

I am not using any passwords for either Master or additional user profiles.

I am not sure if this is skin related or not, it was too late last night when I figured it out.

- ronie - 2010-12-08

Tight_wad Wrote:I had posted before about a "recently added" issue, but have been to busy to get back to it. Now I realized that I had setup user profiles, and my issue was related to it.

So what I have found is that I have the "recently added" showing up correctly on the home screen including the movie thumb, as long as I have the "master profile" loaded, or no profiles setup at all.

If I do a "load" the user profile, then only the Movie title and year are displayed, the movie thumb is just the xbmc default. If I switch back to the the Master profile, it works properly again.

My settings for the additional user profile is with Media info and Media source set to "Shares with Default (Read Only)". None of the lock preferences set. And when created, I selected the use existing Profile settings, not the create new.

I am not using any passwords for either Master or additional user profiles.

I am not sure if this is skin related or not, it was too late last night when I figured it out.

it's either xbmc or the recently added script.

i have set up a test profile, using the same settings as you
and looking at the log, i see this:
Quote:NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /home/ronie/.xbmc/userdata
NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/profiles/test/

ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://profile/Thumbnails/Video/9/auto-971211a7.tbn

it's trying to load the thumbs from the profile directory instead of the masterprofile directory.

- jpf55 - 2010-12-17

Hi ronie,
I found a quirk, when getting fanart, you can hit the Mirror button and the image flips but if you browse for another source, the Mirror button is never available, is there a reason for that?
Thanks

- ronie - 2010-12-17

jpf55 Wrote:Hi ronie,
I found a quirk, when getting fanart, you can hit the Mirror button and the image flips but if you browse for another source, the Mirror button is never available, is there a reason for that?
Thanks

no clue, xbmc enables/disables that button.
the skin has no control over it.

- Prizm4 - 2010-12-20

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for this skin, it is now my default. The thing is I downloaded almost every other skin before getting to this one, and didn't really like any of them. Some were no good displaying TV shows, others were not totally intuitive and so on. Transparency just comes across as a great all-rounder.

I initially got put off by the description of the skin, it said something about being totally "fanart based" so I thought it was going to be full of clashing colours and crappy quality jpgs all over the place...

Glad I was wrong.

My only disappointment was the Wall View looked so awesome, it's such a bummer you can't move up or down! Smile (oh and I didn't like the navigation sounds, so I just turned them off)

thanks again

- >>X<< - 2010-12-21

I hadn't tried Transparency for a long time got to say I'm really liking this version some really nice stuff going on Smile

Noticed one small bug I use a playlist to separate my HD movies, when using "Item View" in the playlist the disc image shows DVD not bluray however the bluray cover overlay is correct its just the disc image that's wrong works as it should everywhere else

Just noticed Icon view doesn't display bluray disc image when in playlists either just the blank disc image

- ronie - 2010-12-21

both work correct at my end...
try if restarting xbmc fixes it.

i'm using the same visible condition for both case and disc,
so it would be weird that one works and the other doesn't.

- >>X<< - 2010-12-21

Yeah doesn't make much sense to me either works fine in movies just not when I'm in a playlist, restart didn't fix it

I wouldn't worry if its only me lol

Edit : ok so I figured out for me when in playlists it was ignoring the code in Includes_Workarounds.xml so I moved it to View-Item.xml and all works fine now strange if this is only happening to me lol

- 8bitpir8 - 2010-12-24

the only thing that ruins this skin (any mod) is the lack of selection for the list display of movies. If you use the library its fine but I dont and seem to be given three crappy selections.

- Tight_wad - 2010-12-24

I just have to ask, Why not use the library?

- dondre - 2010-12-25

I have to agree with Tight_wad statement, the library mode is the whole point of XBMC IMHO Smile

- >>X<< - 2010-12-25

8bitpir8 Wrote:If you use the library its fine but I dont and seem to be given three crappy selections.

What a charmer Rolleyes

- dondre - 2010-12-26

So anyhow, Merry XMAS and praise Transparency! Smile

- ronie - 2010-12-27

8bitpir8 Wrote:the only thing that ruins this skin (any mod) is the lack of selection for the list display of movies. If you use the library its fine but I dont and seem to be given three crappy selections.

you need to 'set content' on your source folders.
even if you don't use the library, always set content to either movies or tv shows.

otherwise, in filemode, the skin doesn't know if you're browsing your movies or tv shows, so can't show you any movie/tv shows specific views.

nearly all view modes are available in filemode too.

Movie Genres - Talle - 2011-01-05

Hi.

I wonder if there would be possible, and I´m sure it is, to change the target of the Movies button in the main menu from files to genres?

I´ve done this myself in Aeon before, usualy there is just a simple change of the target from "moviefiles" to "moviegenres" or posibly "videofiles" to "videogenres".

I wonder wich xml file that keeps this record?
In Aeon65 it´s "includesMainMenu.xml" but I do not find such in here.
I know it was another file in Aeon Auriga but I don´t remember wich.

If I just know wich file it is, I guess I can figure out how to do it...

Also while I´m at it, is there support for movie genre fanart? where do I put the folder/backdrops?
And how do I change the genre icons? Can´t find the pictures...

Any help appriciated!

Sincerly

//Talle