Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-11

nokian Wrote:Please post XBMC.zip with the latest patch for Dharma 10.1. Your first XBMC.zip only gets audio and no video from my Slingbox Solo.

Any idea with Slingbox will be officially included in XBMC?

I don't think I'll have time to do another Slingbox release based on 10.1 anytime soon. As for your issue of only getting audio and no video, feel free to post a full debug log and I'll take a look.

Harry

- wturnerharris - 2011-03-17

magnam212 Wrote:Harry, you are awesome! I've been following your posts for the last couple weeks and finally decided to give this a go.... I've been trying to get SlingBox Pro HD on XBMC on Linux using git and your new patches. Getting lots of errors. Has anyone else successfully got this working?

I've gotten it to work, but like Harry said, SBPro HD resolutions are encrypted. I don't get audio, but I do get a video stream that becomes garbled every few second. Unless any video geniuses with encryption can fix this, I think us SBPro users are sol or stuck with windows and mac anyway.

The post with my compiled binary is here.

- wturnerharris - 2011-03-17

Harry Muscle Wrote:I don't think I'll have time to do another Slingbox release based on 10.1 anytime soon. As for your issue of only getting audio and no video, feel free to post a full debug log and I'll take a look.

Harry

Harry, is your code based off latest git from nightly? It should work if so for 10.1, which was only released a week ago. I looked at your changes. I don't see anything in there about encryption though Sad I know this is out of your expertise. I'll try it out and see if I get audio this time. Even though the stream is garbled a bit, it would be watchable with audio. Wink

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-17

wturnerharris Wrote:Harry, is your code based off latest git from nightly? It should work if so for 10.1, which was only released a week ago. I looked at your changes. I don't see anything in there about encryption though Sad I know this is out of your expertise. I'll try it out and see if I get audio this time. Even though the stream is garbled a bit, it would be watchable with audio. Wink

I actually think the garbling is a result of the audio information infringing on the video information ... cause I don't think they actually use real encryption. I have a feeling that what's happening is that somewhere the frame length information for the video or possibly audio too is specified incorrectly so it either tries to decode part of the audio data as video or part of the video data as audio.

Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-23

Harry Muscle Wrote:I don't think I'll have time to do another Slingbox release based on 10.1 anytime soon. As for your issue of only getting audio and no video, feel free to post a full debug log and I'll take a look.

Harry

I was wrong ... I did have time to do a release based on 10.1 Smile

You can download the needed files here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IMVF48FD

This release actually contains two of my patches. The latest Slingbox patch (77 (PR)) and also the latest Disc Stub patch (76 (PR)). For more details on the Disc Stub patch look here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10384 .

The zip file only contains the exe file and two other support files. What you need to do is install the original XBMC 10.1 installation and then replace the XBMC.exe file, copy the strings.xml file into the "language/English" folder (overwriting the existing file) and copy the DialogPlayEjectCancel.xml file into the "addons/skin.confluence/720p" folder.

Enjoy,
Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-23

And here is the Linux build: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBBWXZFH . Same instructions as for the Windows build, replace the xbmc.bin file (after installing XBMC 10.1) and also place the strings.xml file in language/English and DialogPlayEjectCancel.xml in addons/skin.confluence/720p.

Thanks,
Harry

- rtsp94 - 2011-03-27

Harry
I follow the steps for the linux but the xbmc stops running. I am confuse on how to get it working with xbmc linux. Can you provide some step-by-step instructions? Thanks for your work on this.

- Harry Muscle - 2011-03-27

rtsp94 Wrote:Harry
I follow the steps for the linux but the xbmc stops running. I am confuse on how to get it working with xbmc linux. Can you provide some step-by-step instructions? Thanks for your work on this.

If it's not doing anything, you might have to set executable permission on the new xbmc.bin file you copy over. Otherwise, if it is doing something, can you provide the xbmc.log file?

Thanks,
Harry

- wallace47931 - 2011-03-28

Harry

Any closer to implementing the plugin into the atv2 version?

John

- ProphetVX - 2011-03-29

wallace47931 Wrote:Harry

Any closer to implementing the plugin into the atv2 version?

John

It's not a matter of "implementing" it, the patch is there, atv2 now uses trunk builds so once the XBMC dev team decide to merge the slingbox patch into the trunk, then the functionality will be available. Until then you won't see any activity on that issue.

Harry would need to create an iOS build environment if he wanted to speed things up, which is a pretty difficult task if you don't have mac os x. I've spend about two days trying to get a toolchain for the apple tv running so I can implement my own patches but it's a very slow and tedious process.

- wturnerharris - 2011-04-02

Harry Muscle Wrote:I actually think the garbling is a result of the audio information infringing on the video information ... cause I don't think they actually use real encryption. I have a feeling that what's happening is that somewhere the frame length information for the video or possibly audio too is specified incorrectly so it either tries to decode part of the audio data as video or part of the video data as audio.

Harry

Hmm. Interesting, so you think there is a possible fix scenario that doesn't include decrypting it? The audio comes in, but not a distinguishing sounds, more like feedback echoes and high pitches fluctuating in an out. I'll try your latest patches now as well.

- nokian - 2011-04-14

Harry Muscle Wrote:And here is the Linux build: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBBWXZFH . Same instructions as for the Windows build, replace the xbmc.bin file (after installing XBMC 10.1) and also place the strings.xml file in language/English and DialogPlayEjectCancel.xml in addons/skin.confluence/720p.

Thanks,
Harry

Harry, great job indeed! Please tell me, will this linux build work in ATV1?

BTW, when do you Expect the full integration of the patch in XBMC?

Many Thanks!

- garbear - 2011-04-14

nokian Wrote:BTW, when do you Expect the full integration of the patch in XBMC?

This looks promising, 77 (PR)

- nokian - 2011-04-14

Harry

By the way, I fixed the issue with the video. It was a matter of selecting the right input. In my case it was /2.

Thanks!

- Harry Muscle - 2011-04-14

nokian Wrote:Harry, great job indeed! Please tell me, will this linux build work in ATV1?

BTW, when do you Expect the full integration of the patch in XBMC?

Many Thanks!

ATV1 build is a separate build ... unfortunately I don't have the environment to compile it myself ... so waiting is the only option right now Sad

Thanks,
Harry