Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: XBMC Slingbox Client - Development Status (/showthread.php?tid=82597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

- Harry Muscle - 2011-06-29

bladeds Wrote:ive update my xbmc in june on my atv2 to a nightly build so i am assuming it should have the code in it, im trying to connect to a remote slingbox not in my lan. with details

********* Port: ****
> Password: ******

so i went to video section add source and used
code

sling://administrator:******@*********:****

i can connect to it on my pc fine am i missing something obvious here. i get unable to connect, could not retrieve network directory, when i click to add.

is the code not in the version of nightly build i have i download the lastest atv 2.deb on the 12th of june. anyone help please

Need a full debug log to help out ...

Harry

- cooli - 2011-06-29

Thanks for your response, I didn't look into your source code but do you think it is possible to do a channel change on a slingbox with an webserver like php Huh

- dangerFlakes - 2011-06-29

Anyone have a video of the client running on XBMC? I want to see how it works and if I should go buy a slingbox just for this functionality.

Slingbox Video - PyRo1509 - 2011-06-30

dangerFlakes Wrote:Anyone have a video of the client running on XBMC? I want to see how it works and if I should go buy a slingbox just for this functionality.

It's a 6:9 compressed to a 4:3
The resolution is pretty low
audio is fine
This is a remote Slingbox 120 miles away.
To change channels I disconnect and connect using my laptop/iphone/ipad. Change channel and reconnect with ATV2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLSRloENG0Y

- dangerFlakes - 2011-06-30

PyRo1509 Wrote:It's a 6:9 compressed to a 4:3
The resolution is pretty low
audio is fine
This is a remote Slingbox 120 miles away.
To change channels I disconnect and connect using my laptop/iphone/ipad. Change channel and reconnect with ATV2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLSRloENG0Y

Stream looks nice, thanks for the vid.
Man, disconnecting and reconnecting for channel changing sounds annoying. I am definitely interested in future development. I'll keep lurking until that changes, or until I find a good deal on a slingbox.

- Harry Muscle - 2011-06-30

dangerFlakes Wrote:Stream looks nice, thanks for the vid.
Man, disconnecting and reconnecting for channel changing sounds annoying. I am definitely interested in future development. I'll keep lurking until that changes, or until I find a good deal on a slingbox.

Channel changing is fully implemented. I'm guessing PyRo1509 does that cause he hasn't configured his SlingboxSettings.xml file with the correct buttons ... finding the correct buttons can be a pain at the moment, but once that's done (or if the default button config is correct for your setup) then channel changing works without any issues, no need to disconnect and connect.

Harry

- PyRo1509 - 2011-06-30

Harry Muscle Wrote:Channel changing is fully implemented. I'm guessing PyRo1509 does that cause he hasn't configured his SlingboxSettings.xml file with the correct buttons ... finding the correct buttons can be a pain at the moment, but once that's done (or if the default button config is correct for your setup) then channel changing works without any issues, no need to disconnect and connect.

Harry

I haven't tried to get the buttons to work with the SlingboxSettings.xml
I don't know how to go about it with the Apple Remote.
(I also tried to change resolutions but that didn't seem to work)
I never really need to change the channel because I only use the slingbox for news, set it and forget it. So disconnecting, changing, and reconnecting hasn't bothered me enough to spend my time at it. Since it's also the apple remote I figure until we can get a onscreen remote I would just have channel up and channel down. Going from Channel 2 to Channel 300 would be a major pain.

- dangerFlakes - 2011-06-30

Harry Muscle Wrote:Channel changing is fully implemented. I'm guessing PyRo1509 does that cause he hasn't configured his SlingboxSettings.xml file with the correct buttons ... finding the correct buttons can be a pain at the moment, but once that's done (or if the default button config is correct for your setup) then channel changing works without any issues, no need to disconnect and connect.

Harry

Sounds like I'll be looking for a slingbox then... Laugh

Seeing as how everyone with an Apple TV has the same remote, it would probably make sense that once someone configures it, it can be shared with everyone.

- PyRo1509 - 2011-06-30

dangerFlakes Wrote:Sounds like I'll be looking for a slingbox then... Laugh

Seeing as how everyone with an Apple TV has the same remote, it would probably make sense that once someone configures it, it can be shared with everyone.

I don't think it's a matter of the Apple remote config but rather what the slingbox is connected to.
the code to go up a channel on a direcTV box would be different than up channel on a Comcast box

- ragonline - 2011-07-01

Really really nice! Something like this is what I have been wanting for some time!
A question now before I go off buying a slingbox.
Will the Pro-HD be supported (is there work going on to get around the problems) or is that slingbox a dead end?

- kayl - 2011-07-05

Not sure of I'm doing something stupid, but I can access the slingbox and get a picture, but the sound is really slowed down.

Using a slingbox solo, so I assumed it wasn't encryption.

Can anyone help ?

- Harry Muscle - 2011-07-06

ragonline Wrote:Really really nice! Something like this is what I have been wanting for some time!
A question now before I go off buying a slingbox.
Will the Pro-HD be supported (is there work going on to get around the problems) or is that slingbox a dead end?

I personally am short on time at the moment, so I'm not doing any work on decrypting the Pro-HD. I'm also not aware of anyone else that is. Hope that answers the question.

Thanks,
Harry

- Harry Muscle - 2011-07-06

kayl Wrote:Not sure of I'm doing something stupid, but I can access the slingbox and get a picture, but the sound is really slowed down.

Using a slingbox solo, so I assumed it wasn't encryption.

Can anyone help ?

Please see post 249 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=826961&postcount=249) and post 234 (http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=819725&postcount=234) Wink

Thanks,
Harry

- mediumdry - 2011-07-06

PyRo1509 Wrote:I don't think it's a matter of the Apple remote config but rather what the slingbox is connected to.
the code to go up a channel on a direcTV box would be different than up channel on a Comcast box
While this is correct, once you have set up the correct codes, you still need something to activate the channel up/channel down command. Entering a number will succesfully change the channel if you use the internal receiver in the slingbox, but those options are not available with the apple remote.

Since up/down is used for the volume and the menu and play/pause and select button have their own uses (although play/pause and select are used as equivalent at the moment) it would seem like the left and right buttons are used for channel down/channel up respectively.

However, I don't know if this is easy to implement in the code. At the moment the left and right buttons don't have a function in the slingplayer.

- ktjensen - 2011-07-09

just a couple questions for the basics

1) where do you find the IP address of your own slingbox? I have a list of several devices on my router, but nothing is saying SLINGBOX. The web client for slingbox does not show it anywhere either. Was able to find my external address 72.209.xx.xxx:5001 but can not find my internal LAN address.

2) What is the proper USER name? Is it ADMINISTRATOR or ADMIN or GUEST or the name I gave my slingbox when I set it up?