Kodi Community Forum
Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Night (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+----- Thread: Night - 1.4.7 -Release/General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=82628)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

- logictester - 2010-11-25

ppic Wrote:normal, press "i" when playing.

same thing when pressing "i", it shows the episode summery and the episode screen on the right side - no cleararts

- mcborzu - 2010-11-25

logictester Wrote:same thing when pressing "i", it shows the episode summery and the episode screen on the right side - no cleararts

Definably not on the 'i' screen. Only thing I can think of assuming you have setup correctly and not using a multisource setup is to delete XBMC\userdata\Database\Textures.db with XBMC not running...

mcborzu Wrote:Definably not on the 'i' screen. Only thing I can think of assuming you have setup correctly and not using a multisource setup is to delete XBMC\userdata\Database\Textures.db with XBMC not running...

after playing around and checking the debug log - it only worked for me after putting the clearart.png in the season level, so it's:

Show ->
Season ->
Episode
clearart.png

- mcborzu - 2010-11-25

The two file directories, with clearart.png stored at root, that supported are:

Way One:
TV shows/
---------Lost/
-------------/Season One/
--------------all .avi's here

Way Two:
TV shows/
---------Lost/

mcborzu Wrote:The two file directories, with clearart.png stored at root, that supported are:

Way One:
TV shows/
---------Lost/
-------------/Season One/

Way Two:
TV shows/
---------Lost/

i use the first way - but it won't work for me if the clearart is in the root - only works if the clearart is in the season folder, if none in the season the debug log shows :
Code:
GetImageHash - unable to stat url /media/HD Store Main/HD Content/HD TV Series/Weeds/Season 6/../clearart.png
02:44:37 T:942697328 M:1869803520   DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url /media/HD Store Main/HD Content/HD TV Series/Weeds/Season 6/clearart.png

btw - when the clearart is in the season folder - it works great on the pause menu, when clicking "info" - it still shows the episode screen, but i'm ok with that

- Oddsodz - 2010-11-25

You chaps with the "ClearArt.png" issuse. Set your remotes to use "Show Time" and not "info" (Don't ask me what key it is as I have no idea, Eventghost seems to hide that info from me).

This will give you the ClearArt.png as the video is playing.

Oddsodz Wrote:You chaps with the "ClearArt.png" issuse. Set your remotes to use "Show Time" and not "info" (Don't ask me what key it is as I have no idea, Eventghost seems to hide that info from me).

This will give you the ClearArt.png as the video is playing.

it's in the DialogSeekbar.xml, so basically - pause, ff, rw or show time - shows the clearart

- azido - 2010-11-25

GhostDog Wrote:No dice. Looks like multipath is the culprit. Oh well.

May i help you with how i get around this? Wink

If you are on windows using an ntfs-filesystem, feel lucky. All you need to do is get a tool called "junction link magic" or "ntfs link 2.1" and use one of them like i do:

i have a single path tv-show folder with all my shows as sub folders in it.

v:\tv-shows\show 1
show 2
show 3 and so on.

inside the show dir there are empty season dirs

season 1
season 2

along with all the show infos you can have. this is also the place where each logo.png should reside.

now the empty season dirs are "junction linked" to their real existing places, which of course can be on different locations/drives, as long as the underlying filesystem is ntfs.

Let's say you have the show 24 - seasons 1-4 are physically located on drive d:\24\season 1, season 2, season 3, season 4, while season 5-8 are on drive e:\more seasons\24\season 5, season 6, season 7, season 8. Due to junction linking (btw, that's the same stuff windows uses to point to "my pictures, my documents, my music" and so on) for every application in windows it looks like every season is located under v:\tv-shows\showname - so it does for xbmc. and voila, you can still have different paths for your sources, but have the same results as if you would store all on one path Wink

have phun..

- hikaricore - 2010-11-25

Outside of the windows world everyone else just calls those symlinks and they've been a part of our filesystems since the beginning of time. Wink

- azido - 2010-11-25

hikaricore Wrote:Outside of the windows world everyone else just calls those symlinks and they've been a part of our filesystems since the beginning of time. Wink

symlinks are NOT the same as junction links. windows can use both of them, but symlinks will not work in xbmc as they "resolve" to the real path.

Junction links are more like "mounting points".

They sound more like hardlinks then.
Also, when the hell did windows get symlinks?

- azido - 2010-11-25

hikaricore Wrote:They sound more like hardlinks then.
Also, when the hell did windows get symlinks?

please visit http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm to get a more technical description.

symlinks in windows are called shortcuts and are there since the first ms gui was born..

anyway, i've tried to help a user with his multipath problem and didn't want to start a "windows is bullshit" discussion.

azido Wrote:symlinks in windows are called shortcuts and are there since the first ms gui was born..

Sorry no, but windows shortcuts are not the same as symlinks in either purpose nor function.
Additionally windows didn't even have shortcuts as you know them today until windows 95.

azido Wrote:please visit http://www.rekenwonder.com/linkmagic.htm to get a more technical description.

Looking at that I can say and junction links are probably either symlinks or hardlinks, the info on their site doesn't really seem to be entirely accurate on terminology and as such I can't really say one way or the other. I wasn't trying to drag this into a big argument but eh shit happens.

- azido - 2010-11-25

hikaricore Wrote:Sorry no, but windows shortcuts are not the same as symlinks in either purpose nor function.
Additionally windows didn't even have shortcuts as you know them today until windows 95.

and?

i hope you feel better now.

- azido - 2010-11-25

hikaricore Wrote:Looking at that I can say and junction links are probably either symlinks or hardlinks, the info on their site doesn't really seem to be entirely accurate on terminology and as such I can't really say one way or the other. I wasn't trying to drag this into a big argument but eh shit happens.

At least it works for the purpose of not confusing xbmc or any other program which likes to see stuff in an exact structure, and that is what counts here.