Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- johnny87au - 2011-01-24

thnx buddy gonna run it, Atm using aeon showmix 2.5 but cant get thumbnails to scrape and the background of the video images have trouble, some movies backdrops are fine others are terrible and blurry..

- Jarcol - 2011-01-24

sorry, wrong post

- alex50 - 2011-01-24

I am a new user to xbmc and showmix evolution and am in the process of setting up the skin. I would like to have two different Main Menu items for movies. One for 1080p movies and the other for DVDs. The movies are currently stored in segregated directories.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me identify the best way to accomplish this. Thank you.

- CRoWsNeST - 2011-01-29

Hello all

Im new to the site sorry if posted in the wrong place im wonder if there is a Aeon Showmix skin for the xbox if so can some point me in the right place thanks

- dangerFlakes - 2011-01-29

Great skin. Quick question.
How do I set the default folder view to something besides multiplex?
Multiplex works great for the movies folder, but its a jumbled mess in plugins. I have to set each folder and sub folder to list to get it functional, but I'd have to do this hundreds of times to cover them all.

Thanks.

- nuane - 2011-01-30

Beautiful skin keep up the good work.
I'm having a small problem tho, I've been using aeon65 for a couple months without a problem but it's time for a change. The only things that's keeping me from completely switching to showmix is a weird thing I have with my music. When I click the music button on the mainscreen I always get following error: "This library is empty populate it via the files window." But when I go straight through album, artist or other sub-menus it's no problem, also party mode and cdart are working like they should be. When I go to the files menu a empty list opens with a empty cdcover opens. I have to use go to root to go to my music.
Am I missing something? Any ideas?
Thanks.

- mbailey5 - 2011-01-30

butchabay Wrote:You have to download showmix evolution beta. I just downloaded now to test:

- These Aeon MODS are only for XBMC Dharma builds
- Download Aeon Showmix Evolution Beta
- Extract the rar file to C:\User\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons
- Now you should have a skin named skin.showmixEvolution in your addons folder
- Start XBMC, go to settings, Apparence, Skin, and select Showmix Evolution
- Done

How said, i've tested it right now and the skin can be choosen without problems.

Actually i can't understand people having problems doing such a simple procedure. I understand that there are new users and maybe a bit confused,
about installing via repo, via zip.file etc... but finally you should have the skin in the addons folder of xbmc, preferable in the appdata folder.

Just try it and let me know.

cheers

Hi butchabay love your work! I have followed you instructions to the letter. I have Darma 10.0 and I don't seem to have the option to change to Showmix Evolution.

I have even tried unpacking the showmixEvolution.rar and then adding to a .zip and putting in C:\User\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons to then install via zip option but it fails.

I have installed lots of skins on prevous versions of Darma but can't understand why this one won't work for me - have you any ideas?

edit - I have tried running XMBC in admin and following the install from zip route the log shows the install getting as far as installing //home/addons/showmixEvolution/skin.showmixEvolution/sounds/up.wav before deleting everything again.

Thanks

- NTMID8 - 2011-02-07

@butchabay - Does this have TVTunes support?

- gollumscave - 2011-02-10

mbailey5 Wrote:Hi butchabay love your work! I have followed you instructions to the letter. I have Darma 10.0 and I don't seem to have the option to change to Showmix Evolution.

I have even tried unpacking the showmixEvolution.rar and then adding to a .zip and putting in C:\User\Home\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\Addons to then install via zip option but it fails.

I have installed lots of skins on prevous versions of Darma but can't understand why this one won't work for me - have you any ideas?

edit - I have tried running XBMC in admin and following the install from zip route the log shows the install getting as far as installing //home/addons/showmixEvolution/skin.showmixEvolution/sounds/up.wav before deleting everything again.

Thanks

You have the wrong foldername....

Just unrar the rar file, and copy the "skin.showmixEvolution" to the addons folder... Now you have it into another folder called showmixevolution... so you need to remove that extra folder layer....

c:\blablabla\xbmc\addons\skin.showmixEvolution

not:
c:\blablabla\xbmc\addons\showmixEvolution\skin.showmixEvolution <= this is the wrong one...

Advanced Launcher Compatibility - Sn0b0ardr - 2011-02-16

Thanks for the awesome skin! Haven't found anything nicer looking! I've recently installed and set up advanced launcher and it works great with the exception of the option to display using showcase view and fan art. Any chance full advanced launcher compatibility will be added to the skin anytime soon?

Thanks!

- Jarcol - 2011-02-16

Hi! I've been using this skin (Showmix Evolution) for a day now and I like it a lot better then Aeon65. However, I do find one small problem. I'm used to be able to select skins for tv-shows. I do have the button in Showmix Evolution, but when I select it nothing happends. Can you help me fix this?

- Simzer0 - 2011-02-17

This is my preferred skin but last version i take is so much older, and we have some bugs. I have only one question, this project is alive or dead? I use aeon65 this time but if this project wil have some update i look here sometime.

- ZombieRobot - 2011-02-17

Simzer0 Wrote:This is my preferred skin but last version i take is so much older, and we have some bugs. I have only one question, this project is alive or dead? I use aeon65 this time but if this project wil have some update i look here sometime.

for me for now the project is dead for good reason there is no way to access the images in showmix so i cant edit the skin how i would like the images are in a kind of zip file that can not be opened the only way to continue this skin would be to get the original images off andy black which i have tried but no response even having azido try contact him via skype didnt work without the images its no good i was getting held back coding wise not making much progress.

Aeon showmix is a amazing skin i hope someone with more time / access to textures picks it up.

- dangerFlakes - 2011-02-18

Hey Zombie,
Ever consider creating your own images to replace? Which images are you referring to exactly?

Also, a quick question, how do you change the default layout to something instead of multiplex? I manually change folders all the time, but its too many to do each one separately.

- Hunter-Killer - 2011-02-18

ZombieRobot Wrote:for me for now the project is dead for good reason there is no way to access the images in showmix so i cant edit the skin how i would like the images are in a kind of zip file that can not be opened the only way to continue this skin would be to get the original images off andy black which i have tried but no response even having azido try contact him via skype didnt work without the images its no good i was getting held back coding wise not making much progress.

Aeon showmix is a amazing skin i hope someone with more time / access to textures picks it up.

ZombieRobot this is indeed a tragedy if the skin is indeed dead! I love this skin and was waiting for this revision you had in the pipeline I hope this gets sorted or you find a way round it, are you close to releasing your Aeon Lite skin I've seen you talk about in a few posts on here?