Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- ZombieRobot - 2011-02-18

Hunter-Killer Wrote:ZombieRobot this is indeed a tragedy if the skin is indeed dead! I love this skin and was waiting for this revision you had in the pipeline I hope this gets sorted or you find a way round it, are you close to releasing your Aeon Lite skin I've seen you talk about in a few posts on here?

I know I'm gutted to let this one go I've tried to re create textures but photoshop is not my strong point i was honestly wasting hundreds of hours on it i would need to re create almost every single texture in showmix because i only have access to old showmix 2.1 textures nothing from showmix 2.5 also the code in showmix is complex i take my hat off to andy the code is nothing like any other code in any aeon skins andy really did a lot of behind the scenes stuff in this to clean it up coding wise im not there yet to tackle such a big project.

Aeon lite will be around two weeks away i have switched back to the large original textures that aeon uses just for quality so download size will be over 30mb that was planed but hopefully under 50 (showmix was around 200mb) i will release aeon Lite without designing the pvr side of things so sliks (jezz x skin i used as a base) pvr look and feel will still be there it will look like slik not aeon until i get the time to code it up and set up a pvr build for myself keep a eye out in about two weeks for very early buggy testing Eek

- Hunter-Killer - 2011-02-18

ZombieRobot Wrote:I know I'm gutted to let this one go I've tried to re create textures but photoshop is not my strong point i was honestly wasting hundreds of hours on it i would need to re create almost every single texture in showmix because i only have access to old showmix 2.1 textures nothing from showmix 2.5 also the code in showmix is complex i take my hat off to andy the code is nothing like any other code in any aeon skins andy really did a lot of behind the scenes stuff in this to clean it up coding wise im not there yet to tackle such a big project.

Aeon lite will be around two weeks away i have switched back to the large original textures that aeon uses just for quality so download size will be over 30mb that was planed but hopefully under 50 (showmix was around 200mb) i will release aeon Lite without designing the pvr side of things so sliks (jezz x skin i used as a base) pvr look and feel will still be there it will look like slik not aeon until i get the time to code it up and set up a pvr build for myself keep a eye out in about two weeks for very early buggy testing Eek

Ah I got you, it is a great shame Showmix is still my favourite skin but these things happen as annoying as they are more so for yourself! Thank you though for taking your time out and doing it and keeping it alive in some form.

I will instead look forward to Aeon Lite as I run XBMC on an Acer Revo, one question I do have will it have the multiplex view like showmix in it? Like the 2 or 4 thumbnail images?

- spielrock - 2011-02-18

Hi, this is the first time I've posted on these forums, though I read them every day. Showmix is my favourite skin, I was gutted when Azido's site got hacked and ecstatic when Zombierobot took it on. Just in case Zombierobot decides to continue developing this great skin I've extracted the contents of 'textures.xpr'
for showmix 2.5 and uploaded them so he can now access all of the .png's.

http://rapidshare.com/files/448600102/showmix_2.5_textures.rar

I hope this helps

- douggoodwin - 2011-02-18

ZombieRobot Wrote:at the moment you need to use ember media manager to get the extrathumbs images just for this release or you can do it manually they need to be in a folder named extrathumbs found inside the folder your movie each image has to be called thumb1 ,thumb2, thumb3,thumb4 ember media manager can do it automatically for you see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeelwMj2QOQ

Music visualization works you have to go into music under settings and change the visualization from wave form to one of the others wave isint working in any of the builds i am using

I know this project is dead but I love the skin and have been trying to figure out how to get the extra thumbs. I read your post and tried to download and install Ember but it fails at installation (something about an xml error). Any other suggestions? Sounded like Ember would have been a great tool.

- butchabay - 2011-02-18

spielrock Wrote:Hi, this is the first time I've posted on these forums, though I read them every day. Showmix is my favourite skin, I was gutted when Azido's site got hacked and ecstatic when Zombierobot took it on. Just in case Zombierobot decides to continue developing this great skin I've extracted the contents of 'textures.xpr'

I hope this helps

So i hope it wasn't too late ... Smile
I really can understand zombie ... i think the textures problem is not the only one, if you take a look at the code you'll understand what i mean as zombie already mentioned.

Anyway, we'll see if zombie is going to crack this hard nut!

Thanx for sharing the textures.

- butchabay - 2011-02-18

douggoodwin Wrote:I know this project is dead but I love the skin and have been trying to figure out how to get the extra thumbs. I read your post and tried to download and install Ember but it fails at installation (something about an xml error). Any other suggestions? Sounded like Ember would have been a great tool.

Here you have 2 versions: Ember Media Manager

32Bit (x86)
64Bit (x64)

Create a folder somewhere and unrar the content inside, start Ember Media Manager.exe and should work fine.

- spielrock - 2011-02-18

butchabay Wrote:So i hope it wasn't too late ... Smile
I really can understand zombie ... i think the textures problem is not the only one, if you take a look at the code you'll understand what i mean as zombie already mentioned.

Anyway, we'll see if zombie is going to crack this hard nut!

Thanx for sharing the textures.

I've looked at the code and compared to other skins it's a nightmare.
I'm no skinner so it took me a while to get the tv tunes and home theater scripts to run. I've managed to implement this mod into showmix evolution

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64137

But trying to get dvd\bluray overlays to work in multiplex view is proving to be a mission. It's frustrating, I know, but I hope zombie does continue with this.

- ZombieRobot - 2011-02-18

spielrock Wrote:Hi, this is the first time I've posted on these forums, though I read them every day. Showmix is my favourite skin, I was gutted when Azido's site got hacked and ecstatic when Zombierobot took it on. Just in case Zombierobot decides to continue developing this great skin I've extracted the contents of 'textures.xpr'

I hope this helps

WTF where did you get these how on earth did you unzip the textures i havent downloaded them yet ive tried in every browser i have chrome/explorer/firefox/safari download freezes half way through download is this happening to anyone else who has tried to download

- sergiocos - 2011-02-18

@ZombieRobot: i just downloaded the archive, i will upload it to mediafire if it helps you Wink

Here Smile

- ZombieRobot - 2011-02-20

Got it thanks sergiocos/spielrock how on earth did you extract the files i tried countless times.

already have tvtunes integrated into showmix just didnt fit it into the beta release i guess after Aeon lite is out i could have another look at showmixOo

- butchabay - 2011-02-20

Great news zombie Smile

- Simzer0 - 2011-02-20

Very great News, thx everyone Big Grin

- Hunter-Killer - 2011-02-20

Agreed, this is awesome news!! Big Grin

- NTMID8 - 2011-02-27

Awesome... thanks Zombie!

- ZombieRobot - 2011-03-03

So its been months since i opened up any showmix xmls so i thought it was about time to look at getting a update outWink
Nothing major a lot of bug fixes that were plaguing the last release forget the name evolution i think were just going to stick with showmix i know this will confuse people but what ya gonna do.

what I have done so far well i only started today but i have managed to fix bugs, coded in tv tunes, ronnies cdwall in osd can now be found in showmix see pisc below, added home theater plugin support (havent tested) fixed up spinning cdart added coverflow on/off in views sidebar, tidying up settings menu thats about it for now will keep all updated.

New CDwall info screen in music osd

Without info still some tidying up to do