Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon MQ (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma (/showthread.php?tid=82899)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-04

butchabay Wrote:Hi Zombie, sharing your work would be helpful, there are little modifications in:
MyPrograms.xml, Includes.xml, Includes_Furniture.xml and Strings.xml.

I still don't know if i'll implement Tall View, because of the compressed Textures. I'll have a look and decide.

Cheers

no worries most of them are untouched except the includes furniture there is crap loads more new code in the includes furniture i will make a zip and pm the link.

- toker - 2010-11-06

Are these skins meant to work on Dharma?

Am running XBMCLive Dharma Beta 4, unpacked both rars files to

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/

Folders are named as 'skin.showmix' and 'skin.showmixEvolution'

Restarted XBMCLive, both skins appear but selecting them does not nothing and XBMC reverts back to default skin.

- butchabay - 2010-11-06

toker Wrote:Are these skins meant to work on Dharma?

Am running XBMCLive Dharma Beta 4, unpacked both rars files to

/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/

Folders are named as 'skin.showmix' and 'skin.showmixEvolution'

Restarted XBMCLive, both skins appear but selecting them does not nothing and XBMC reverts back to default skin.

Yes they are both dharma compatible skins, as i don't use xbmc live it's difficult to help you. I can only say what you've done is right. If you see them in "apparence" skin i really can't understand why it's not working.
@ Zombierobot: any ideas ?

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-06

No idea i have used xbmc live but i havent tested showmix on it also i dont have a live setup anymore has anyone else had this problem with live?

- toker - 2010-11-06

Downloaded both files again, both skins working on XBMCLive.

Not sure what happened previously.

Thanks.

Does it work on a XBOX orginal - Tripod_Swe - 2010-11-07

Is it possible to use this addon on my XBMC or is it only possible to use on a computer?

//T

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-07

this is a big skin with a lot of textures i am working on reducing the skin as much as i can without quality loss but i don't think you will be able to use showmix on a xbox not the way it is intended to run it will be very slow but you could give it a go and see how it goes

- butchabay - 2010-11-07

Tripod_Swe Wrote:Is it possible to use this addon on my XBMC or is it only possible to use on a computer?

//T

You have to be a bit more specific with your question. What it means xbox original? Which build of XBMC?

update - ZombieRobot - 2010-11-08

Just spent the last 6 hours straight trying to add old showmix multiplex views the code in showmix is nothing like any other skin i have seen it is taking a long long time to get anywhere just to add a new view i got to edit about 6 different xml files at the same time. andyblac has done so much coding between showmix 2.1 and showmix 2.5 ( all id,s have changed and all includes are different not to mention all resolutions are different too).

the two just don't go together as well as i wanted i would however say that i achieved a little progress the new view (multiplex 2.1) is selectable you can choose what style you want thats about it at this rate i will need to probably work on this for another 20 hours Confused (because i am not a jedi coder) so its looking like i may not have the views ready for Evolution release (still in around two weeks) but you never know i would love to have the old views included into Evolution before working on my own.

I am aiming for a thanksgiving release so keep a eye out (Those not in the US ie: me look out for the 25th of november thats my goal Big Grin

- azido - 2010-11-08

butchabay Wrote:Here we go ... to eliminate confusion i've started a new thread.

Aeon Showmix 2.5 Dharma 25.09.2010 :

Download

Aeon Showmix Evolution Beta : 18.10.2010

Download

wow.. i didn't notice there is someone that keeps up our work.. this is great news Tongue nice to see showmix still evolves.

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-08

azido Wrote:wow.. i didn't notice there is someone that keeps up our work.. this is great news Tongue nice to see showmix still evolves.

Dude we couldn't let your masterpiece die Wink just hope i can do it some justice you guys did a great job.
hey Azido is there any chance of getting the uncompressed textures to showmix 2.5 it has been driving me crazy thats if you guys are happy to release them (or even still have them) at the moment i have just started to re create textures because of the no access it makes modding very hard but would fully understand if you guys are not keen on the idea thank for the great skin.

- azido - 2010-11-08

ZombieRobot Wrote:yeah i sent him a PM but haven't herd anything.

i really want to try shrink this skins file size where i can and try to get rid of any unused textures (sounds as much fun as replacing the fonts) the green.xpr and grey.xpr i don't think i need i removed them and haven't seen any changes to the skin.
Also tried theme color just stays the same so i'm sure i can get rid of them to start with and knock off 60mb of textures just there
(Correct me if i should keep these textures)

Anyone know if the sounds for aeon are open source i'm guessing they have to be also?

concerning the additional xprs: they are just color variations of the skin, namely green and grey. we decided to put black in the main textures.xpr as this was the one we both liked the most. the variations for theme colors are inside the additional xprs, so if you decide not to feature those two colors just remove them, won't be a problem for the skin itself^^

did you guys btw. be able to create a dharma-compatible extras.py script so the widgets and database entries will work again?

- azido - 2010-11-08

ZombieRobot Wrote:hey Azido is there any chance of getting the uncompressed textures to showmix 2.5

thing is that andy never sended me the complete uncompressed textures as that wasn't ever needed for our collaboration. i'll go and check if i can reach him via skype and/or mail, but to be honest we haven't talked to each other for several months and i did not see him being online in skype for a long time.

- azido - 2010-11-08

ZombieRobot Wrote:Just spent the last 6 hours straight trying to add old showmix multiplex views the code in showmix is nothing like any other skin i have seen it is taking a long long time to get anywhere just to add a new view i got to edit about 6 different xml files at the same time. andyblac has done so much coding between showmix 2.1 and showmix 2.5 ( all id,s have changed and all includes are different not to mention all resolutions are different too).

hehe.. yeah, the code changed a lot, because we tried to eliminate one big problem: the more views/options we've added to the "old code", the more showmix started to loose settings and options for the views. And finally, after andy got his big tv and his htpc he had the vision to create a full hd skin instead of one still using 1280x720 as a resolution.

From what i can see so far, you might get into the same trouble as we had earlier, where showmix tends to do unexpected things while you add more and more stuff to it (well, hopefully it doesn't).

If i am allowed to make a request here, i'll throw this one to you guys:

in "night" there is an option to turn off unwanted views.. as you seem to add even more views to showmix, it would be a great idea to have that implemented, so it doesn't break our idea of having 4/5 available views max along with their options, still being graphically represented from the vertical menu.

- ZombieRobot - 2010-11-08

azido Wrote:hehe.. yeah, the code changed a lot, because we tried to eliminate one big problem: the more views/options we've added to the "old code", the more showmix started to loose settings and options for the views. And finally, after andy got his big tv and his htpc he had the vision to create a full hd skin instead of one still using 1280x720 as a resolution.

From what i can see so far, you might get into the same trouble as we had earlier, where showmix tends to do unexpected things while you add more and more stuff to it (well, hopefully it doesn't).

If i am allowed to make a request here, i'll throw this one to you guys:

in "night" there is an option to turn off unwanted views.. as you seem to add even more views to showmix, it would be a great idea to have that implemented, so it doesn't break our idea of having 4/5 available views max along with their options, still being graphically represented from the vertical menu.

Yeah the will definitely be able to turn off views in showmix and will always keep the vertical menu the same so far only a few strange things are happening just minor animations playing up.

I have got rid of the color xprs for now just to try to reduce the size of the skin because if this is to go to the addons repository people will download every single update at 200mb so i want to bring the size down half of hhat it is without loosing any quality of corse.

If you do reach him that would be great im not holding my breath though so its not the end of the world but would be amazing at the moment i have tracked down the uncompressed images for showmix 2.1 and was going to somehow try to re create the 2.5 textures (insane imo) any help tracking down the textures would be awesome Azido i have a feeling his uncompressed textures can be found at sourceforge but are unable to download anyway thanks for any help you can give.