Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

Lockup @ Shutdown - VaLeN - 2010-12-07

Dear Stoli,

I am experiencing lockups with your great skin in RC2. 70% of the time i use the shutdown button, XBMC locks up, ctrl-alt-del, tab, nothing works and i need a hard reboot Sad(

This also happened once or twice whilst scrolling through my movies and quickly selecting a movie, the window comes up (like a trailer does) and it locks up Sad

I tried an earlier version of Night and it does not happen there..

Thank you in advance!

- stoli - 2010-12-07

stoli Wrote:Working on it. I'll be damned if I can figure out where/why it is missing...

Search has been added.

- stoli - 2010-12-07

VaLeN Wrote:Dear Stoli,

I am experiencing lockups with your great skin in RC2. 70% of the time i use the shutdown button, XBMC locks up, ctrl-alt-del, tab, nothing works and i need a hard reboot Sad(

This also happened once or twice whilst scrolling through my movies and quickly selecting a movie, the window comes up (like a trailer does) and it locks up Sad

I tried an earlier version of Night and it does not happen there..

Thank you in advance!

Are you running any of the newer scripts/addons that run in the background? Trakt, Library Updater, Twitter, etc? I'm in and out of the skin literally dozens upon dozens of times a day and am not seeing that. I will say since adding in Trakt the exit does seem to take a second or two longer than in the past, but I can't be sure that is the cause of the problem.

As for a hard-lock, that sounds like more than a skin issue. At best I have seen skins and scripts cause xmbc to lock, but bot not the OS. Skins just don't interact with the OS in that manner.

What's in your debug log just prior to the lock? pastebin.com please.

Anyone else seeing this?

- stoli - 2010-12-07

Jimmeh Wrote:EDIT2: Looks like ASS is the acronym associated with embedded subtitles in an .mkv file. Would rather it just say enabled since I'm not particularly fussed which type it decides to use, but its not that big a deal and evidently not something that is related to the skin.

I've seen all sorts of different names for the subtitles since you brought this up. I don't believe there is any way to make this generic; just what the code returns from the video file as best I can tell.

Thanks,

Fanart view - Kalliban - 2010-12-07

Hi! First of all, thank you for this wonderful skin! I love it! Big Grin
I do miss one feature though; a view for movies where I can get full screen fanart + rating + media flags. The closest I can get is the view type: files, but then it's either the cover+media flags or no media flags at all.
I would like to have something like:
Where I can have full screen fanart, rating and media flags. Even better would be without the cover and just the flags at the bottom or something, but that view is at least close.

Have I missed a view somewhere or can I fix it myself somehow? Or maybe you could add a view like this in a future release?

Thank you!

- VaLeN - 2010-12-07

Kalliban Wrote:Hi! First of all, thank you for this wonderful skin! I love it! Big Grin
I do miss one feature though; a view for movies where I can get full screen fanart + rating + media flags. The closest I can get is the view type: files, but then it's either the cover+media flags or no media flags at all.
I would like to have something like:
Where I can have full screen fanart, rating and media flags. Even better would be without the cover and just the flags at the bottom or something, but that view is at least close.

Have I missed a view somewhere or can I fix it myself somehow? Or maybe you could add a view like this in a future release?

Thank you!

Heya,

I mentioned that earlier to Stoli.... he was keen on it, but I can imagine he already has his hands full... What would you say about this for a Full Screen Fanart?

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/196/01movieview.th.jpg

- Kalliban - 2010-12-07

VaLeN Wrote:Heya,

I mentioned that earlier to Stoli.... he was keen on it, but I can imagine he already has his hands full... What would you say about this for a Full Screen Fanart?

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/196/01movieview.th.jpg

That would work better then the views currently available, but I have around 600 movies and a list always seemed easier to navigate than the sideways cover-styles. It's probably just a matter of habit, and the cover-views are more stylish (which is always nice), so I guess that would work! I do seem to dislike the cover-based views since some movies are hard to read the title from the cover and if I'm searching for a specific movie it is much faster with a list of titles.

(if you remove the ".th" in the url you get the large picture, that link only shows the thumb)

- jeepcook - 2010-12-07

Hello,
Great skin but I've found an issue, when you download an addon, le % does not appears. Other skins show this.
Thanks

- stoli - 2010-12-07

buges Wrote:Im trying to add a new view to Neon but just cant seem to work it out!

As a test i've made a copy of 1 of the views (slide) changed the control id's to 601 & the name in the text label, renamed it, added it to includes & myvideonav, added my control id to the views

& its not even showing up on the list of views that i can select.

What have i missed??

Thanks

Can you post your exact code additions/changes that you made?

- stoli - 2010-12-07

Kalliban Wrote:That would work better then the views currently available, but I have around 600 movies and a list always seemed easier to navigate than the sideways cover-styles. It's probably just a matter of habit, and the cover-views are more stylish (which is always nice), so I guess that would work! I do seem to dislike the cover-based views since some movies are hard to read the title from the cover and if I'm searching for a specific movie it is much faster with a list of titles.

I have a new view in mind that may meet your requests. I'll try and get it knocked out this week. I've been trying to track down the little things and get them straightened out before tackling new views (like the one below)

jeepcook Wrote:Hello,
Great skin but I've found an issue, when you download an addon, le % does not appears. Other skins show this.
Thanks

This should be pretty simple - I'll try and get to it today.

Thanks!

- Kalliban - 2010-12-07

stoli Wrote:I have a new view in mind that may meet your requests. I'll try and get it knocked out this week. I've been trying to track down the little things and get them straightened out before tackling new views (like the one below)
Thanks!

Thank you Stoli! I'm waiting for this great skin to become perfect! Big Grin

- VaLeN - 2010-12-07

stoli Wrote:Are you running any of the newer scripts/addons that run in the background? Trakt, Library Updater, Twitter, etc? I'm in and out of the skin literally dozens upon dozens of times a day and am not seeing that. I will say since adding in Trakt the exit does seem to take a second or two longer than in the past, but I can't be sure that is the cause of the problem.

As for a hard-lock, that sounds like more than a skin issue. At best I have seen skins and scripts cause XBMC to lock, but bot not the OS. Skins just don't interact with the OS in that manner.

What's in your debug log just prior to the lock? pastebin.com please.

Anyone else seeing this?

Dear Stoli,

I have no new add-ons, I hardly use them Wink
Thanks for having a look!
A lock (could get out with ctrl-alt-del): http://pastebin.com/mdUECsJX
And a hardlock: http://pastebin.com/z5taM5Qr

- stoli - 2010-12-07

@ VaLeN

Both logs show that it was hanging when trying to unload python and the skin had already been unloaded:

Code:
[b]17:20:10 T:1748 M:965615616  NOTICE: unload skin[/b]
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965615616   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Home.xml) ------
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965726208   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965726208   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogMuteBug.xml) ------
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965726208 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture postermatteNF.png
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965726208 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture default-list-nofocus.png
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965787648 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture flags/nl.gif
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965791744 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture info_window_icon_rating_star_0.png
17:20:10 T:1748 M:965787648 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture default-list-focus.png
[b]17:20:10 T:1748 M:1005428736  NOTICE: stop python[/b]

That "stop python" is the last entry in the logs. That's about as good as my debugging skills are in this case. Have you tried the same type of actions with the latest Night builds?

Thanks,

- buges - 2010-12-07

@stoli

Made a copy of Viewtype_Slide.xml & renamed it to Viewtype_Slide2.xml
Changed control id's from 595 to 601 & changed the name to slide2 in the wraplist & changed the include name to Viewtype_Slide2 in Viewtype_Slide2.xml

Added 601 to the views & added <include>Viewtype_Slide2</include> to MyVideoNav.xml

Added <include file="Viewtype_Slide2.xml" /> To Includes.xml

& it doesnt show up on the list when changing views

- stoli - 2010-12-07

buges Wrote:@stoli

Made a copy of Viewtype_Slide.xml & renamed it to Viewtype_Slide2.xml
Changed control id's from 595 to 601 & changed the name to slide2 in the wraplist & changed the include name to Viewtype_Slide2 in Viewtype_Slide2.xml

Added 601 to the views & added <include>Viewtype_Slide2</include> to MyVideoNav.xml

Added <include file="Viewtype_Slide2.xml" /> To Includes.xml

& it doesnt show up on the list when changing views

Be sure to check in your Viewtype_Slide2.xml for this section, around line 17:
Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="595">
            <posx>-100</posx>
            <posy>0</posy>
            <height>615</height>
            <width>1400</width><!-- 1400 -->
            <onleft>595</onleft>
            <onright>595</onright>
            <onup>5950</onup>
            <ondown>8240</ondown>
            [b]<viewtype label=[i]"Slide"[/i]>list</viewtype>[/b]
            <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
            <focusposition>2</focusposition>
            <scrolltime>400</scrolltime>
            <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
            <pagecontrol>5950</pagecontrol>
            <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
            [b]<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(no_Slide) + Container.Content(Movies)</visible>[/b]
            <itemlayout width="210" height="700">

In particular change the Label name or it will get confusing...

Edit: Looks like you did that...otherwise you should be ok. if you want zip up your xml's and I will check them out...