Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Neon (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=139)
+----- Thread: [WIP] Neon - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=83337)

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2010-12-30

Good evening to all of you.
The last ten hours something wrong happens here.
Actually the Home screen\Videos\ shows three folders.
1. The root-folder with all your movies
2. The video Add-on folder
3. The Add Source folder......

So in the Video folder\ i can see all the subcategories i have created in my Hard Disk i.e DRAMA-ACTION-WESTERN etc .
Let's say i want to see the movies which exist in the DRAMA subcategory.
I can see all my movies with their thumbnails on etc
If want to go back again then it does not show me the Videos-Addon-Add Source but it goes to the Home Menu ( Videos-Movies-Pictures ) etc.
What i am doing wrong? Can i fix it?

Edit I think i found it.
it Happened because i did not use my remote control to go one step back but i used the Keyboard's ESC.

Atleast tell me : When i open the subcategory the thumbnails are not shown immediately but after 4-5 secs.
It looks that there is a delay.. WHY ?

- stoli - 2010-12-30

pino71 Wrote:Hi to all, i use this beautiful skin with Dharma. But when i launch the Apple Trailers plugin the font are too small. It's possibile to enlarge the font dimension?

Thank you.

I'm working on skinning the Apple Trailer addon today. I should have something done by the end of the day...

- stoli - 2010-12-30

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Atleast tell me : When i open the subcategory the thumbnails are not shown immediately but after 4-5 secs.
It looks that there is a delay.. WHY ?

Can you give the exact steps to reproduce this? Was it in Video or Movies, what view, etc, etc.

- tormi - 2010-12-30

stoli Wrote:That was a typo on my part - you has asked about looking at the Swedish translation and that's what I meant to enter instead of Norwegian. The translation has not been done yet, so your contribution is still needed.

Thanks,

OK, I'll continue on the Norwegian translation then.

- stoli - 2010-12-30

wimpy Wrote:not sure if suggestions etc are welcome, but here goes:

would it be possible for more information to pop up once the cover has emerged?

I'll be reworking some of the views over the next few weeks....something like this may happen.

Quote:also. i'm encountering some strange movement while browsing tvshows views after ended episode. to move to the next or previous item i have to press twice on left (or right) as the first keypress highlights the item? is this a known issue? (using the same view for tvshows as the one in the picture above)

* play an episode.
* episode is finished (or i press 'x')
* i try to move to next episode (next item to the right)
* item refocuses and i need to press right again to move it away.

i'm tired. not sure if this was understandable Tongue

I can't seem to reproduce it - but that view is Poster and is not available at the episode level, so I'm at a bit of a loss here...

What view are you using for:

1. Show
2. Season
3. Episode

Then what is the process to reproduce? Stop episode and then what?

Thanks,

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2010-12-30

stoli Wrote:Can you give the exact steps to reproduce this? Was it in Video or Movies, what view, etc, etc.
It is in Videos and the View is Poster. The delaying time sometimes is at least 5 secs.
Also when i open the XBMC\Stoli.Skin and i am trying to reproduce a movie , it does not start immediately but also takes few secs.
But Stoli you must know that here in my Hometown the combination Night/Neon is getting more fanatiks.
Pls keep on trying
As i have told you Neon in Greek language means NEW.

- stoli - 2010-12-30

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:It is in Videos and the View is Poster. The delaying time sometimes is at least 5 secs.
Also when i open the XBMC\Stoli.Skin and i am trying to reproduce a movie , it does not start immediately but also takes few secs.
But Stoli you must know that here in my Hometown the combination Night/Neon is getting more fanatiks.
Pls keep on trying
As i have told you Neon in Greek language means NEW.

Try turning on debug, reproduce the issue and then post the log to http://www.pastebin.com

I'm not seeing any delay when viewing posters or starting to play a movie so I'm not sure where to being troubleshooting this...

- stoli - 2010-12-30

pino71 Wrote:Hi to all, i use this beautiful skin with Dharma. But when i launch the Apple Trailers plugin the font are too small. It's possibile to enlarge the font dimension?

Thank you.

Apple Movie Trailer skin/view is about 80% done and uploaded to git. It's a hack of the one in Confluence and still needs some work, but it is usable. But I have to say, it looks like there is a good deal broken with the addon that works just fine in the Lite version. If I cannot get some of those things to work, I'm not going to pursue skinning it.

- tormi - 2010-12-31

Regarding Norwegian translation:

I've just sent Stoli the Norwegian translation of the template. Now if anybody find misspelling or anything wrong please do not hesitate to contact me to fix it!

- pino71 - 2010-12-31

stoli Wrote:Apple Movie Trailer skin/view is about 80% done and uploaded to git. It's a hack of the one in Confluence and still needs some work, but it is usable. But I have to say, it looks like there is a good deal broken with the addon that works just fine in the Lite version. If I cannot get some of those things to work, I'm not going to pursue skinning it.

Thank You Stoli, i'll try.
If you need, i can translate this skin in italian language.

- stoli - 2011-01-01

@tormi - thank you - Norwegian translation as been uploaded

@pino71 - any and all translations are appreciated.

Some minor updates today, primarily a slightly revamped movie info screen, larger screen, bigger poster and has fanart background:

And in progress - Music Videos with band logo:

- JeremySt - 2011-01-01

I love this theme. Many cool modifcations over night. I have always been a big fan of Wall/Panel views, but none have quite hit the mark for me. The wall view for neon is awfully close.

My only major complaint is that there are four rows, and the view has to scroll up or down to view the top or bottom row.

I would really like it if there was a "Large Wall" view, that only untilized three rows, and there was no cropping of posters, or scrolling up and down.

That way you could scroll through all the posters using only the left/right keys, and on an average flat panel (32"-50") you can see the posters clearly.

I requested it in the night thread... Here is a crummy MS paint idea of what I mean.

- supertom44 - 2011-01-01

JeremySt Wrote:My only major complaint is that there are four rows, and the view has to scroll up or down to view the top or bottom row.

I agree I mentioned this in the night thread when I first came across the view.

For me personally it seems illogical to have to scroll in two directions to see the posters.

Thankfully night added a more posters options to the panel view which is awesome now, its like a half wall, shows al ot of posters and also has set position for plot.

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-01-01

Happy New Year 2011
Love Happiness and Prosperity to all of you.

Stoli thanks a lot for your nice Skin and pls go ahead for more developments
Vagelis................

- Kalliban - 2011-01-02

stoli Wrote:Some minor updates today, primarily a slightly revamped movie info screen, larger screen, bigger poster and has fanart background:

But now the zoom-effect on the fanart-background is back :p