Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- aberant - 2011-04-26

sfogunner Wrote:Can somebody confirm it works with samba shares from a NAS?

I am using the script over a password protected SMB share from my NAS and it works fine. To achieve this I had to add the Passion repository and then install the latest SVN Transparency skin, and obviously enable the script in the skin settings. However there is now a bug in the skin which has replaced the "Library Mode" button in the Videos section with "Boost volume", which I shall shortly post about in the relevant section.

- cranialmelodics - 2011-04-26

Ex mediabrowser newbie here.
Hi, I would love to get this working but no matter what I do it just does not play themes. I run windows 7 64bit with the latest (Dharma 10.1) xbmc install and have followed all the advice and instructions on here to get TVTunes to work with no luck.

Would somebody be able to put a tutorial together that a person like myself who was educated by rabid gerbils can understand.

- ppic - 2011-04-26

skin used + debug log.

Oooops! sory,

Here is the Debug log,

http://pastebin.com/BNqFt6Sn

and I am currently using Confluence skin but I have tried it with Alaska and Back row.

Hope I got the debug log thing right as this is all new to me.

- Fliposide - 2011-04-26

ah, ok I misunderstood, I thought the files were an example for all skins but worked for Confluence, my mistake Smile

Any plans for this to work for Movie Soundtracks?

Also how about modifying the addon for music playlists. So when you browse TV it just plays a playlist that you make containing show tunes. The same can be done for Movies, Picturse or any menu come to think of it...

Yeah how how playlist activation for every Menu you enter (Home,settings, movies,TV, anything) so you always have background music when browsing through the skins pages? And if different a nice crossfade Smile

When I start XBMC I have a startup playlist for music, the only problem is when you watch/listen to something and return to GUI the music has stopped.

Just a few thoughts which might be out of the scope of this addon. It just seems a logic adaptation to me Smile

Cheers,

Fliposide.

- ppic - 2011-04-26

cranialmelodics Wrote:Oooops! sory,

Here is the Debug log,

http://pastebin.com/BNqFt6Sn

and I am currently using Confluence skin but I have tried it with Alaska and Back row.

Hope I got the debug log thing right as this is all new to me.

Quote:15:16:48 T:2492 M:1420795904 ERROR: Python script "script.TvTunes" does not exist

the skin you are using still use the old script call, you need to ask the skin author to change it if it haven't been done yet, then update your skin.

- ppic - 2011-04-26

Fliposide Wrote:ah, ok I misunderstood, I thought the files were an example for all skins but worked for Confluence, my mistake Smile

Any plans for this to work for Movie Soundtracks?

Also how about modifying the addon for music playlists. So when you browse TV it just plays a playlist that you make containing show tunes. The same can be done for Movies, Picturse or any menu come to think of it...

Yeah how how playlist activation for every Menu you enter (Home,settings, movies,TV, anything) so you always have background music when browsing through the skins pages? And if different a nice crossfade Smile

When I start XBMC I have a startup playlist for music, the only problem is when you watch/listen to something and return to GUI the music has stopped.

Just a few thoughts which might be out of the scope of this addon. It just seems a logic adaptation to me Smile

Cheers,

Fliposide.

movies -> not needed already discussed (maybe a hint for sets, but i still don't have any source to get them)
playlist -> not planned, and differs from the script use, i won't go in there.
crossfade -> as stated before, impossible.

Thanks for that.

Would you be kind enough to recommend a skin that TVTunes works with?

- valdo lopes - 2011-04-26

here is not updated for version: 0.80 to 0.81, could make available for download here please?
I'm using version 2.8.0 RC skin.

- ppic - 2011-04-26

valdo lopes Wrote:here is not updated for version: 0.80 to 0.81, could make available for download here please?
I'm using version 2.8.0 RC skin.

Huh Eek

- rflores2323 - 2011-04-26

cranialmelodics Wrote:Thanks for that.

Would you be kind enough to recommend a skin that TVTunes works with?

use neon its a great skin with tons of features and great views.

- Sharpe - 2011-04-26

The new tvtunes works with Back Row but you need to use either the version of the skin in the Passion Repo or the skin's manual download link - hopefully I'll get the version of the skin in the main XBMC repo updated soon.

- rflores2323 - 2011-04-26

rflores2323 Wrote:does this work on the atv2 ? streaming using smb?

anyone using this with their atv2 setup?

Amazing, super, fantastic and works great. - cranialmelodics - 2011-04-26

cranialmelodics Wrote:Ex mediabrowser newbie here.
Hi, I would love to get this working but no matter what I do it just does not play themes. I run windows 7 64bit with the latest (Dharma 10.1) xbmc install and have followed all the advice and instructions on here to get TVTunes to work with no luck.

Would somebody be able to put a tutorial together that a person like myself who was educated by rabid gerbils can understand.

Ok. got it working and once you know how its easy.

I used the passion repository and as I really like the confluence skin I downloaded Influence skin which is almost the same skin but updated. I then enabled TvTunes and it worked.

Thanks ppic this is great...Big Grin

- ppic - 2011-04-26

rflores2323 Wrote:anyone using this with their atv2 setup?

please post a debug log to find out what's happends on you setup, as far as i know, some users are using it on ATV2