Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

- ppic - 2011-05-09

i'm using it with night and smartplaylist.
maybe skin related?

- wyrm - 2011-05-10

ppic,

I have gone thru the whole thread and could not find if the script could be made to play the theme.mp3 file from the VideoInfo.xml file. Does the script currently do this, or could you modify the script to do this?

The main reason I ask is that it would be nice if the user could hear if they already had a theme file for the TV show before hitting the load theme button to reload one. That and it would be nice to hear the theme whilst looking at the TV show info.

Just thought I would ask as I have just fixed my skin to use the latest version from the main repo, and it seemed an obvious question to ask.

Thanks mate,
Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- ppic - 2011-05-10

hum, i need to rework the code to do that.
what the need, know if there's already a theme or play the theme?

- wyrm - 2011-05-10

ppic Wrote:hum, i need to rework the code to do that.
what the need, know if there's already a theme or play the theme?
ppic,

Not a need as such, more a suggestion/request.
It was as I was fixing my skin to use the script from the main repo that it occured to me that it would make sense to play the theme while in the video info screen. It was after playing with things a bit during testing of my update that I realized the script asks if you want to replace the existing theme. The main reason would be that you kind of expect that the theme would play when you are showing the TV shows info.

Not a pressing issue but if you could manage it would be nice.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

- ppic - 2011-05-10

i add it on my todo list, as soon as i can get my hand on it Big Grin

Solo mode - BigNoid - 2011-05-10

Solo mode is a great addition!
You might want to change the code in the first post, though, to:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=solo&amp;tvpath=$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]&amp;tvname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>

- ppic - 2011-05-10

Big_Noid Wrote:Solo mode is a great addition!
You might want to change the code in the first post, though, to:
Code:
<onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tvtunes,mode=solo&amp;tvpath=$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]&amp;tvname=$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle])</onclick>

modified. thanks

- Blazefire - 2011-05-11

First off, fantastic plugin, it's a feature XBMC has been missing for a long time and glad I just found it.

I was looking through the pages and it appears you had an option previously to play the themes when scrolling through the list of shows (or recently added episodes at least). Can you add this to your To Do list as well? Some skins show all the TV show information at the top level view and having the theme play along with it without entering the show would really complement the view. If you could also add a 2-second delay so that themes don't start playing when scrolling through shows, I think the script would be perfect (for me at least)

Thanks!

- ppic - 2011-05-11

Blazefire Wrote:First off, fantastic plugin, it's a feature XBMC has been missing for a long time and glad I just found it.

I was looking through the pages and it appears you had an option previously to play the themes when scrolling through the list of shows (or recently added episodes at least). Can you add this to your To Do list as well? Some skins show all the TV show information at the top level view and having the theme play along with it without entering the show would really complement the view. If you could also add a 2-second delay so that themes don't start playing when scrolling through shows, I think the script would be perfect (for me at least)

Thanks!

that was like that and everyone ask me to change...
i'll see that, but really not now, need to rethink a big part of the code.

- rflores2323 - 2011-05-11

does anyone have this working on an atv2? if so how did you get it working thru smb?

- anarchintosh - 2011-05-11

rflores2323 Wrote:does anyone have this working on an atv2? if so how did you get it working thru smb?
when i looked at the code, i saw a lot of smb related stuff in the paths, so i'm guessing it supports smb

- ppic - 2011-05-11

yes working thru smb, but he's asking for apple tv.

- rflores2323 - 2011-05-11

ppic Wrote:yes working thru smb, but he's asking for apple tv.

yes specifically the atv2.

- Sharpe - 2011-05-12

Hey ppic mate - is there a problem with using tvtunes over SMB content using the current XBMC nighties? I thought I read there was but can't say for certain. No worries if it's just one of those things 'til more Eden stuff is pushed.

Cheers

- ronie - 2011-05-12

Sharpe Wrote:Hey ppic mate - is there a problem with using tvtunes over SMB content using the current XBMC nighties? I thought I read there was but can't say for certain. No worries if it's just one of those things 'til more Eden stuff is pushed.

Cheers

i'm in the same boat as you are.
i've spend hours yesterday to track down the issue, but can't put my finger on it.

by the looks of it, all os.path.exists() calls to smb shares don't work at all.

i don't think the script is to blame, as i'm having the same issue with a number of other scripts.