Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Martijn - 2012-06-16

(2012-06-15, 22:58)ronie Wrote:
(2012-06-15, 05:58)iJunaid Wrote: Is there anyway this can be configured to be used with movies too?

nope, movies are not supported

It can but natively not supported and it does require some manual labour to get this working.
See here for more info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131524

So no official support if this doesn't work

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - jantunes - 2012-06-21

I'm getting the following error. Can't even run TV Tunes. It used to work back in the day
Code:
02:25:05 T:17928   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
02:25:05 T:17928   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named scraper
02:25:05 T:17928   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jo�o\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\tvtunes.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from solo_mode import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Jo�o\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\solo_mode.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                import scraper
                                            ImportError: No module named scraper

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-21, 04:02)jantunes Wrote: I'm getting the following error. Can't even run TV Tunes. It used to work back in the day
Code:
02:25:05 T:17928   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
02:25:05 T:17928   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named scraper
02:25:05 T:17928   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Jo�o\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\tvtunes.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from solo_mode import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Jo�o\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\solo_mode.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                import scraper
it"s due to the special character in your username.
sevral addons don"t handle that too well.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - jantunes - 2012-06-21

I figured that was probably the case. But how can I change it now? Even if I change my username, the folder won't change its name, right?

EDIT: So I changed my name, edited all entries in registry. Same thing

Code:
15:20:34 T:5100   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
15:20:34 T:5100   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named scraper
15:20:34 T:5100   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Antunes\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\tvtunes.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from solo_mode import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Antunes\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\solo_mode.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                import scraper

Changed some of the settings and it fixed somehow, but the themes aren't playing. I'm using the latest Aeon Nox btw

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-06-21

(2012-06-21, 15:39)jantunes Wrote: I figured that was probably the case. But how can I change it now? Even if I change my username, the folder won't change its name, right?

EDIT: So I changed my name, edited all entries in registry. Same thing

Code:
15:20:34 T:5100   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
15:20:34 T:5100   ERROR: Error Contents: No module named scraper
15:20:34 T:5100   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Antunes\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\tvtunes.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from solo_mode import *
                                              File "C:\Users\Antunes\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.tvtunes\resources\lib\solo_mode.py", line 16, in <module>
                                                import scraper

Changed some of the settings and it fixed somehow, but the themes aren't playing. I'm using the latest Aeon Nox btw

by the looks of it you're not using the tv tunes addon from the xbmc addon repo, but probably the one from the passion repo.

i'm afraid i can't help you out with their code.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - MakkaD - 2012-06-26

Hello
I have some issue making the addon to work in my setup.
In advancedsettings.xml i have a path sobstitution on both addon data and sources
Code:
<substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.50.100/XBMC_Share/addon_data/</to>
  </substitute>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.50.100/XBMC_Share/sources/sources.xml</to>
  </substitute>

The sources.xml contain the smb share where my tv series are
Code:
<video>
        <source>
            <name>Serie_TV</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.50.100/Serie_TV/</path>
        </source>
    </video>

When i try to download a theme for a series the addons looks to work correctly, i can hear the theme and click on "OK" to download and apply to the series but the theme.mp3 is not copied over to the directory where the series is.

Here is the corresponding log http://pastebin.com/icnA7zkk

The log is not 100% complete but should have all the information needed todebug.

Have you any clue on the problem?

Makka

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 19:35)MakkaD Wrote: When i try to download a theme for a series the addons looks to work correctly, i can hear the theme and click on "OK" to download and apply to the series but the theme.mp3 is not copied over to the directory where the series is.

Here is the corresponding log http://pastebin.com/icnA7zkk

The log is not 100% complete but should have all the information needed todebug.

Have you any clue on the problem?

yes, mapping the addon_data folder to a smb share is not supported by the script.
it needs to be local.

with python we can't directly download a file to a smb share,
we need to save it on a local drive first and then copy it to the remote share.

tv tunes uses the addon_data folder for it's downloads.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - MakkaD - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 20:03)ronie Wrote: tv tunes uses the addon_data folder for it's downloads.

That means that in my setup tvtunes can not work?
Is it possible to configure the addon to use a local download directory different from addon_data?

Makka

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-06-26

(2012-06-26, 20:07)MakkaD Wrote: That means that in my setup tvtunes can not work?
correct
(2012-06-26, 20:07)MakkaD Wrote: Is it possible to configure the addon to use a local download directory different from addon_data?

you would need to modify the script.
i'm afraid i can't help you with that.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - taosaur - 2012-07-13

I've just done a fresh install of XBMC 11.0 Eden on my Windows 7 x64 system, and TV Tunes does not show up in either the XBMC or passion repositiories, and there is no Skin setting to enable background audio. Any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Dina - 2012-08-04

(2012-05-24, 06:38)Steveb Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 04:21)haenchensd Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 21:16)ronie Wrote: mind creating a ticket on trac?
if you could cc me on the ticket please.

Any word ever on this? I have same problem myself where no matter what I try to do pre-2.0.0 gets installed.

Looked for a ticket on trac but didn't find one.

edit: odd, even though it insists I have 2.0.0 (1.9.6) my volume indicator went away. Good enough for me.
edit again: spoke too soon - It only didn't display because I hadn't yet gone into the settings to turn volume down. Old version still a problem.

Remove the all traces of the addon including the settings in userdata, then shut down XBMC and delete the Addons15.db located in userdata/Database/ and restart, then install TvTunes from the official repo.
I had the same prob and that sorted it out. Wink Don't worry about deleting the Addons.db, it will get recreated on restart.

This still downloads pre-2.0.0 for me. I have removed Passion, removed the pre-2.0.0 version, removed Addons15.db. Every trace of both the Passion repo and the pre-2.0.0 TvTunes addon is gone from both the main XBMC folder and the Userdata one, but it's still downloads the wrong version from the official XBMC repo. It even says it's downloading the 1.0.0 version from the repo, but when it's installed it actually downloaded the 1.9.6 version. It's doing my fucking head in.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - User 55003 - 2012-08-05

(2012-08-04, 14:10)Dina Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 06:38)Steveb Wrote:
(2012-05-24, 04:21)haenchensd Wrote: Any word ever on this? I have same problem myself where no matter what I try to do pre-2.0.0 gets installed.

Looked for a ticket on trac but didn't find one.

edit: odd, even though it insists I have 2.0.0 (1.9.6) my volume indicator went away. Good enough for me.
edit again: spoke too soon - It only didn't display because I hadn't yet gone into the settings to turn volume down. Old version still a problem.

Remove the all traces of the addon including the settings in userdata, then shut down XBMC and delete the Addons15.db located in userdata/Database/ and restart, then install TvTunes from the official repo.
I had the same prob and that sorted it out. Wink Don't worry about deleting the Addons.db, it will get recreated on restart.

This still downloads pre-2.0.0 for me. I have removed Passion, removed the pre-2.0.0 version, removed Addons15.db. Every trace of both the Passion repo and the pre-2.0.0 TvTunes addon is gone from both the main XBMC folder and the Userdata one, but it's still downloads the wrong version from the official XBMC repo. It even says it's downloading the 1.0.0 version from the repo, but when it's installed it actually downloaded the 1.9.6 version. It's doing my fucking head in.

The only thing I can think of that you may have missed is the 'packages' folder in the addons folder. (used for rollbacks etc.). I think It may be using the one in packages because of its higher ver number. Try deleting the contents of the 'packages' folder. Why there are two addons with the same name and different version numbers is beyond me Angry

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - bertybassett - 2012-08-06

please can someone let me know the correct version number that this add-on should display, should it be 1.0.18?

I know the one from the passion repo is incorrect however what is this version and how did it come to have the exact same name? If both versions of this plug should co-exist on the repo listings then could one of these be renamed to say TuneMP3Themes or something not TvTunes because at present this is all very confusing does seem to cause a lot of support issues on this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - User 55003 - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-06, 13:08)bertybassett Wrote: please can someone let me know the correct version number that this add-on should display, should it be 1.0.18?

I know the one from the passion repo is incorrect however what is this version and how did it come to have the exact same name? If both versions of this plug should co-exist on the repo listings then could one of these be renamed to say TuneMP3Themes or something not TvTunes because at present this is all very confusing does seem to cause a lot of support issues on this thread.

That is correct, the addaon in the official repo is indeed 1.0.18, the addon in the passion repo is 1.9.6. They are two different addons, with the 1.9.6 having a gui. I agree that a name change would sort out the confusion and the problem of the passion addon overriding the one from the official repo.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - bertybassett - 2012-08-07

next question, which is the version to use with a new pre-eden SVN build of XBMCbuntu?