Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-10-03

(2012-10-03, 04:58)corpgator Wrote: I don't know if tvtunes is the problem, but it seems that way, so I'll start here,; if something else is crashing it, I'll go there for help. I can reproduce this pretty regularly. There are a lot of dump files, but it doesn't happen every time with tv shows.

When I exit from an external player after watching an episode, or even part of an episode, and it jumps back to xbmc, the tvtune will start up and then xbmc locks up.

This doesn't happen when I play a movie and jump back to xbmc. Here is the log file with debug on:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9765

the external player thread is causing the issue.
can't help you with that i'm afraid.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - fnwc - 2012-10-04

Anyone else notice that when you leave a TV show with TvTunes it shows the volume meter now?

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Krismyklebust - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 06:35)fnwc Wrote: Anyone else notice that when you leave a TV show with TvTunes it shows the volume meter now?

Yep! As of yesterday the same problem has started happening to me.
Whenever I leave a TV Show the TvTunes shows the volume meter as it fades out from from 100% -> 0%.

If anyone has a solution on how to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 06:35)fnwc Wrote: Anyone else notice that when you leave a TV show with TvTunes it shows the volume meter now?

(2012-10-04, 10:07)Krismyklebust Wrote:

Whenever I leave a TV Show the TvTunes shows the volume meter as it fades out from from 100% -> 0%.

If anyone has a solution on how to fix this, it will be greatly appreciated! Smile

post a Debug Log please.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Krismyklebust - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 22:53)ronie Wrote:

post a debug log please.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Smile I'll definitely post a debug log, but it'll have to be tomorrow since it's midnight here and I need to get up early for work. I'll write back tomorrow! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - af32af - 2012-10-05

YES! Started happening to me too. I just turned to google to figure out what in the world updated on my XBMC that is causing this. So freaking annoying. I wish there was an XBMC setting that showed recently updated plugins so I could roll it the hell back.

Ronie:

Here is the requested XBMC log. I went into the show (falling skies) it started to play the tune. I hit the <-- button on my XBMC remote to take me back to the TV main menu and the volume slider appears from 100% to 10% (while the tv tunes music fades out) then jumps back to 100% then disappears. Just started the other day.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9904

post a debug log please.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - corpgator - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-03, 12:31)ronie Wrote:
(2012-10-03, 04:58)corpgator Wrote: I don't know if tvtunes is the problem, but it seems that way, so I'll start here,; if something else is crashing it, I'll go there for help. I can reproduce this pretty regularly. There are a lot of dump files, but it doesn't happen every time with tv shows.

When I exit from an external player after watching an episode, or even part of an episode, and it jumps back to xbmc, the tvtune will start up and then xbmc locks up.

This doesn't happen when I play a movie and jump back to xbmc. Here is the log file with debug on:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9765

the external player thread is causing the issue.
can't help you with that i'm afraid.

Where should I report the bug then? As a general bug report? If I turn off tvtunes, the problem doesn't ever happen, but I'm guessing that this would happen in any case where audio was played immediately when returning to xbmc, right? Is it possible to have an option where it won't play after return? Sometimes the music doesn't play and on those occasions, xbmc doesn't crash.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Krismyklebust - 2012-10-06

post a debug log please.

Here's the debug log. Hope I've done this right and it can be of help.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9982

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-10-06

(2012-10-06, 04:59)corpgator Wrote: Where should I report the bug then? As a general bug report? If I turn off tvtunes, the problem doesn't ever happen, but I'm guessing that this would happen in any case where audio was played immediately when returning to xbmc, right? Is it possible to have an option where it won't play after return? Sometimes the music doesn't play and on those occasions, xbmc doesn't crash.

the first thing to do would be to test if it still crashes on the latest nightly build of xbmc.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-10-06

@af32af, @Krismyklebust: thanx for the logfiles!

i added a fade-out function a few days ago. i didn't realize this would cause the volume dialog to show.

it doesn't do so on frodo (which is what i'm using).
apparently it does on eden.

for now, i'll make the fade-out optional (disabled by default).

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - af32af - 2012-10-06

Thanks Ronie for the reply! Will my XBMC auto update with the change you made, or do I need to change something in a setting somewhere?

Thanks again for fixing it Smile

(2012-10-06, 21:45)ronie Wrote: @af32af, @Krismyklebust: thanx for the logfiles!

i added a fade-out function a few days ago. i didn't realize this would cause the volume dialog to show.

it doesn't do so on frodo (which is what i'm using).
apparently it does on eden.

for now, i'll make the fade-out optional (disabled by default).

(2012-10-06, 22:30)af32af Wrote: Thanks Ronie for the reply! Will my XBMC auto update with the change you made, or do I need to change something in a setting somewhere?

it will auto-update

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - fnwc - 2012-10-07

Thanks for the quick followup, ronie Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Krismyklebust - 2012-10-07

Awesome. Works like a charm now Smile Thanks for the help ronie! Smile

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - F0x123 - 2012-10-14

Hi

I have the latest version installed and I use aeon nox in the latest version. But my theme.mp3 files are not played any more. The script is running and I can automatically or manually start theme downloads, but if I open a tv show, no theme is played. How can I configure this? I don't know if the tvtunes updates caused this bug or the skin updates.

Thank you.