Kodi Community Forum
[Closed] TvTunes Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [Closed] TvTunes Addon (/showthread.php?tid=83925)

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - andydufresne - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-01, 02:30)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 02:24)andydufresne Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 02:14)ronie Wrote: not many...

i noticed you're using a pre-beta version of xbmc eden.
there's of course a tiny change there's a bug in pre-breta that was fixed in eden final.

OK thanks. Yeah I probably should upgrade, but if I remember correctly I needed to use a different version along with a patch in order to get HD streaming audio. Maybe I can do that with the most recent release as well, don't know.

At this point probably I'll just add the file manually as TvTunes does play the turn alright, just automatic download was the problem. Thanks

in case you decide to upgrade, give frodo beta1 a shot.

would like to hear if the issue still exists there.

Thanks ronie, will do.

One additional thought. TvTunes was automatically downloading for me before, it's only with new TV show additions that it doesn't. And this was with the pre-beta version of eden as well. Did you changed anything significant in TvTunes and automatic downloading since mid-June that may be a cause of this new behavior?

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-12-02

(2012-12-02, 17:28)andydufresne Wrote: One additional thought. TvTunes was automatically downloading for me before, it's only with new TV show additions that it doesn't. And this was with the pre-beta version of eden as well. Did you changed anything significant in TvTunes and automatic downloading since mid-June that may be a cause of this new behavior?

tv tunes doesn't auto download anything by itself.
only when a skin executes the script (at startup for instance) it'll start downloading.

so perhaps something changed in the skin you're using, or you switched to a different skin that doesn't run tv tunes at startup.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - andydufresne - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-02, 17:32)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 17:28)andydufresne Wrote: One additional thought. TvTunes was automatically downloading for me before, it's only with new TV show additions that it doesn't. And this was with the pre-beta version of eden as well. Did you changed anything significant in TvTunes and automatic downloading since mid-June that may be a cause of this new behavior?

only when a skin executes the script (at startup for instance) it'll start downloading.

so perhaps something changed in the skin you're using, or you switched to a different skin that doesn't run tv tunes at startup.

To clarify. Previously I would "execute TvTunes" within my skin and it would provide a menu of choices to confirm the show for which I wanted to download the tune. These choices are no longer provided for new shows. It worked in the past, it does not work now and I am still running the same release of XBMC so I don't think that is the issue as it worked before. I am using the Aeon MQ4 skin which is a supported TvTunes skin. So in an attempt to troubleshoot why it worked before but not now I wanted to see if anything significant had changed since the June time frame to the present in the TvTunes add-on that would cause it to stop working.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-12-03

(2012-12-03, 06:28)andydufresne Wrote:
(2012-12-02, 17:32)ronie Wrote:

To clarify. Previously I would "execute TvTunes" within my skin and it would provide a menu of choices to confirm the show for which I wanted to download the tune. These choices are no longer provided for new shows. It worked in the past, it does not work now and I am still running the same release of XBMC so I don't think that is the issue as it worked before. I am using the Aeon MQ4 skin which is a supported TvTunes skin. So in an attempt to troubleshoot why it worked before but not now I wanted to see if anything significant had changed since the June time frame to the present in the TvTunes add-on that would cause it to stop working.

ah, sorry...i completely misunderstood your question. :-)

yes, something has changed regarding the list of choises:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=83925&pid=1232145#pid1232145

to get the list back, you can disable the auto download setting.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - mkerian - 2012-12-04

Hi everyone,

I'm new to XBMC and recently installed Frodo Beta 2. After downloading all the themes for my tv shows, when I go to the TV section and select a series, the theme doesn't play.

Previously on Eden this feature was working, but after I wiped and installed Frodo it's not. Is anyone having the same issue? Or am I missing something? On Eden I was using the Neon Skin, but with Frodo I'm stuck with Confluence until Neon updates.

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-04, 10:23)mkerian Wrote: Hi everyone,

I'm new to XBMC and recently installed Frodo Beta 2. After downloading all the themes for my tv shows, when I go to the TV section and select a series, the theme doesn't play.

Previously on Eden this feature was working, but after I wiped and installed Frodo it's not. Is anyone having the same issue? Or am I missing something? On Eden I was using the Neon Skin, but with Frodo I'm stuck with Confluence until Neon updates.

Thanks

hi,

did you enable the tv tunes option in confluence's skin settings?

post a Debug Log in case if that doesn't do the trick.

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Flomaster - 2012-12-08

(2012-11-06, 23:04)ronie Wrote:
(2012-11-06, 20:48)8Days Wrote: Ok, I understand but it finds multiple tunes on all my shows which are quite a lot. Don't know how the API works for the tune database but shouldn't be possible to find the correct tune since XBMC provides alot of metadata of the tv shows? Wish I could help somehow :/
televesiontunes.com doesn't provide an api, nor do they provide any advanced search functionallity.

but i agree with you the script should do a better job in finding the right tune for you.

what i've changed in v0.0.7 is, if the script finds an exact match in the list of tunes,
it will automatically download it instead of showing you the list of choises.
(this can be disabled in the addon settings for those who prefer the old method)

script.tvtunes-2.0.7.zip

im getting a 404 error on the link to all 2.0.4 - 2.0.7 file links ;(

its been off and on but tvtunes causes a soft reboot with my Xbuntu setup... I'd like to wipe all traces and install the latest nightly version.

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/apXbR3X8

-=Jason=-

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-12-08

(2012-12-08, 05:40)Flomaster Wrote: im getting a 404 error on the link to all 2.0.4 - 2.0.7 file links ;(

its been off and on but tvtunes causes a soft reboot with my Xbuntu setup... I'd like to wipe all traces and install the latest nightly version.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/apXbR3X8

-=Jason=-
try this one:
script.tvtunes-2.0.10.zip

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Flomaster - 2012-12-08

(2012-12-08, 14:57)ronie Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 05:40)Flomaster Wrote: im getting a 404 error on the link to all 2.0.4 - 2.0.7 file links ;(

debug log: http://pastebin.com/apXbR3X8

-=Jason=-
try this one:
script.tvtunes-2.0.10.zip

working great, thanks.

-=Jason=-

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Booza - 2012-12-15

Thanks

Yes I'm having the same problem, the confluence skin appears stripped down of options - tv tunes being one.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Martijn - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-15, 04:06)Booza Wrote:

Thanks

Yes I'm having the same problem, the confluence skin appears stripped down of options - tv tunes being one.

Look again because sadly that option is still there

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-12-15

(2012-12-15, 04:06)Booza Wrote:

Thanks

skin options have been moved to Settings > Appearance > Skin > - Settings

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Buzniak - 2012-12-26

The Weirdest thing happened today. I DL version 3.0.2 but in XBMC still says 2.0.6, and everything works fine except one series WHY i don't know. Rosario + Vampire TV TUNES wont work its under theme.mp3 added it manually and searched for it using the plugin still nothing. I have 90 series with 2000+ episodes, but for some reason this series wont work.

I'm using AEON MQ4 with no issues except this one series. I only just finished DL the episodes yesterday, Scraping went fine, found everything but for some reason TV Tunes wont work just for this series.
Any insight into why; Anyone PLEASE PM me back.

THANKS, ALL

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - ronie - 2012-12-26

(2012-12-26, 15:05)Buzniak Wrote: The Weirdest thing happened today. I DL version 3.0.2 but in XBMC still says 2.0.6, and everything works fine except one series WHY i don't know. Rosario + Vampire TV TUNES wont work its under theme.mp3 added it manually and searched for it using the plugin still nothing. I have 90 series with 2000+ episodes, but for some reason this series wont work.

I'm using AEON MQ4 with no issues except this one series. I only just finished DL the episodes yesterday, Scraping went fine, found everything but for some reason TV Tunes wont work just for this series.
Any insight into why; Anyone PLEASE PM me back.

THANKS, ALL

v2.0.6 is for eden
v3.0.2 is for frodo rc1 & 2 only (i will not install on any of the frodo beta releases)

as for your problem, this seems to be an xbmc issue.
it's replacing the '+' char with a space somewhere along the way.
due to this, the tvtunes script will download the mp3 to a 'Rosario Vampire' folder.
it will try to play the tunes from that folder as well.

edit: created a bug report
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13823

RE: [RELEASE] TvTunes Addon - TV Show Theme Music while browsing - Buzniak - 2012-12-27

Thanks for your super quick response, much appreciated.

Also thanks for the info and the bug report, your a champ.

Maybe in the final release of FRODO 12 it will be fixed.

THANKS AGAIN.
Ronie,

I figured it out, all i did is remove the + from, Rosario + Vampire and DONE TvTunes works. I scraped it with The TV Database it all looks good without the +.

THANKS AGAIN.