Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-07-31

Hi, thanks alot for the great work!
I own an antec veris elite (i think is vfd), and supports scrolling and two lines, but xbmconimon does not scroll and does not support two lines...
And equalizer is not implemented yet? Thanks again

PS: I'm using 1.9.5. Another thing, when explorer is not running (i run xbmc as shell) app keeps in connecting and do nothing....

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-07-31

You need Windows explorer for iMON to work correctly. The option is to run xbmc from explorer instead setting it as shell.

Re: RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 15:35)baijuxavior Wrote: You need Windows explorer for iMON to work correctly. The option is to run xbmc from explorer instead setting it as shell.

NO. Imon runs perfect without explorer, xbmconimon hangs

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Nimo - 2012-07-31

xbmconimon doesnt support vfd perfect. have nothing to do with shell or explorer. just api caused.
the most settings in xbmconimon are just for lcd usable.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-07-31

(2012-07-31, 18:34)Nimo Wrote: xbmconimon doesnt support vfd perfect. have nothing to do with shell or explorer. just api caused.
the most settings in xbmconimon are just for lcd usable.

XBMC and iMON wors perfect without explorer.exe running, tested myself im using xbmc as shell like a year...no problems.
So that's why my question is why xbmconimon dont work without explorer running....probably need to be implemented...thanks

AW: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Nimo - 2012-08-01

Yes, youre right. But i meant because display issues with vfd.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Fry7 - 2012-08-01

@achaw: I presume you have not read that whole thread, so I advice you to search for the XBMC-on-iMon-version that was forked from Montellese's "original" version by the user cdenfert.
This version is dedicated for use with VFDs, so one gets e.g. scrolling and both lines filled, but there is no chance to get the equalizer - which from my point of view doesn't hurt, 'cause I don't like those jumpy lights anyway Wink
I can't tell whether this version will work fine with XBMC running as shell, as I always run it within explorer - no problems there.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 08:53)Fry7 Wrote: @achaw: I presume you have not read that whole thread, so I advice you to search for the XBMC-on-iMon-version that was forked from Montellese's "original" version by the user cdenfert.
This version is dedicated for use with VFDs, so one gets e.g. scrolling and both lines filled, but there is no chance to get the equalizer - which from my point of view doesn't hurt, 'cause I don't like those jumpy lights anyway Wink
I can't tell whether this version will work fine with XBMC running as shell, as I always run it within explorer - no problems there.

No, i just use searches, but i didnt see the fork...equalizer is not really important Big Grin
I will search and i hope it works with xbmc as shell...thanks!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Fry7 - 2012-08-01

(2012-08-01, 13:55)achaw Wrote: No, i just use searches, but i didnt see the fork...

Well, he did never really open a fork, but I just searched and his links still seem to work:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84166&pid=1009329#pid1009329

Let us know whether it works or not Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-08-01

If I set xbmc as shell and load imon and xbmconimon without explorer, I see only a static text 'XBMC'. May be xbmconimon is the culprit. I would check again without imononxbmc.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-08-01

vfd version works perfect, but didnt work at all with xbmc as shell and without explorer (black screen, vfd shows nothing) Sad

Log:

Code:
01/08/2012 05:35:23 p.m. [XBMC] Error while calling JSON RPC method "Player.GetActivePlayers"
    InvalidCastException: No se puede convertir un objeto de tipo 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray' al tipo 'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JValue'.
            en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token, Boolean cast)
   en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Convert[T,U](T token)
   en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[T,U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   en Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.Extensions.Value[U](IEnumerable`1 value)
   en XBMC.JsonRpc.JsonRpcClient.parseResponse(StreamReader reader)
   en XBMC.JsonRpc.JsonRpcClient.Call(String method, Object args)
01/08/2012 05:35:23 p.m. [XBMC] Player.GetActivePlayers(): Invalid response

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Fry7 - 2012-08-06

Stumbled upon the answer here:
Quote:2. Or set XBMC to boot directly without loading the Windows explorer and desktop by changing the shell. iMON users should not change the shell as explorer is needed for iMON to work correctly.

So there doesn't seem to be a way two have the best of both worlds...

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-08-06

(2012-08-06, 08:02)Fry7 Wrote: Stumbled upon the answer here:
Quote:2. Or set XBMC to boot directly without loading the Windows explorer and desktop by changing the shell. iMON users should not change the shell as explorer is needed for iMON to work correctly.

That isn't true. iMON works perfect without explorer, i'm using imon without explorer like a year with my antec veris basic.
Now upgrade to elite, the problem is xbmconimon, not imon or xbmc...

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-08-07

(2012-08-06, 17:53)achaw Wrote:
(2012-08-06, 08:02)Fry7 Wrote: Stumbled upon the answer here:

That isn't true. iMON works perfect without explorer, i'm using imon without explorer like a year with my antec veris basic.
Now upgrade to elite, the problem is xbmconimon, not imon or xbmc...

That quote in red color was posted by me in another thread. I thought imon needs windows explorer for working correctly where as the problem is with xbmconimon. I will correct the post accordingly. Thanks.

Re: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-08-13

Anyone knows if explorer is really needed by this app or just a service related?