Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - alfredo - 2012-08-17

I'm assuming this software works correctly with Frodo pre-releases... Right? Huh

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-08-24

is anybody working on this? or just abandoned? Sad

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-17, 13:49)alfredo Wrote: I'm assuming this software works correctly with Frodo pre-releases... Right? Huh

It works with Frodo. I am using it with Frodo Alpha 4.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - BlackMan - 2012-08-28

Untill autumn (October, November), all work on this application is stopped since I am too busy now. After that date, I am going to start solving some issues.

(2012-08-24, 02:23)achaw Wrote: is anybody working on this? or just abandoned? Sad

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-08-31

(2012-08-28, 08:37)BlackMan Wrote: Untill autumn (October, November), all work on this application is stopped since I am too busy now. After that date, I am going to start solving some issues.

(2012-08-24, 02:23)achaw Wrote: is anybody working on this? or just abandoned? Sad

Great news!...i hope you can solve why the app is not woking without explorer running...thanks

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-08-31

Got an issue where scanning the music library often (but not always) causes XBMConiMon to crash. But that's the only time I've "Seen" it crash.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - nimrod77 - 2012-09-06

Hi all and thanks for this awesome app,
Is there a way to set the behavior of the VFD so that when a video file is playing, it switched the VFD off? I would prefer the VFD only to work during Audio file playing if that was possible.
Looking forward to continued development of this Smile
Cheers!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Chris1965 - 2012-09-23

Hi all,
Anyone knows what make I wrong?
I have a Thermaltake DH102 with the 7"LCD, working on WIN7 Prof., XBMC Eden with AEON NOX3.5

Imon Tool shows in the first row the network and on the end of the display only time, and play buttons.
It doesent matter, did I install xbmc on Imon or not, the display shows always the same.
Task bar icon for XBMC on Imon shows connected...
Thanks in advance.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-09-23

IP: 127.0.0.1, Port 80, TCP Port: 9090

Try the sbove settings Chris. The Media info gets transmitted on a different port to the regular connection port in my experience.
oh and turn off media info in iMon manager for XBMC as the xbmc-on-imon tool is replacing iMon's in-built functionality.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Chris1965 - 2012-09-23

What does it mean "sbove settings"?
What do I see if it is wright?
edit: everytine I start its going back to IP Port 8080?

XBMC in my opinion the best media tool, but I dont understand why didnt anybody makes more with the display?
Anyone ever make a look what MP makes with it, look at MP Display 2, its great.
But to change only for that on MP isnt my solution.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-09-23

Sorry, Above Settings.

The settings I typed go in the configuration settings for the xbmc-on-imon app. This will load an icon near your clock when it loads, get to the configuration settings there. And disable any Media features for XBMC in the main iMon software (iMon Manager -> iMon Utilities -> FrontView - Media Information).

Because the Soundgraph iMon display is a niche display product. Because iMon only focus their software mainly to the Windows platform, because MP is a Windows-only Media Centre, and XBMC is cross-platform. Take your pick from the reasons above.

The iMon displays aren't all that good tbh. I have two of them. VFD and LCD. There are much better displays out there, but they require a lot of end-user configuration to get the most out of them. The iMon displays are a "complete" unit, so that's why so many OEM's have integrated them into their cases IMHO.

About the display, it is a normal 7" LCD Display and it runs perfect with the MP software, it have a open API. Take a look
http://www.mpdisplay2.de/index.php/de/

Please tell me where you wrote (which post) the settings.

Ah, Is yours the colour LCD 4:3 screen?

XBMC-on-iMon doesn't support these types of display. Only the two line monochrome white-on-black screens of older type. The author of this software doesn't own one of these panel type LCD screens, nor does he own a VFD. So this add-on won't work for you.

Unfortunately, you're right, I did.
That does not make it better, any known alternative to the LCD?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Tolriq - 2012-09-23

Perhaps you want to try Yatse 2 for windows.