Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-09-23

Since I only own the older monochrome VFD/LCD's I don't know. I don't know of any add-ons that make use of these new colour LCD screens. Poor support for the older type was one of the reasons I switched from MP to XBMC, as XBMC does natively (albeit poorly) support those. That's not the fault of XBMC though, rather a lack of features in the iMon Manager software, something the users have been complaining about to SoundGraph for a LONG time.

They have a nasty habit, or bringing out products, but not getting them working well with software other than what THEY provide (iMedian / FingerUI, etc, etc). Have a look around the forums, you may find a solution, but if there IS a working MP solution, you may be better off with sticking with MP for now. Alternatively, keep both Media Centers installed and keep checking back on the XBMC forums to see if someone does a utility that will make use of these displays.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Chris1965 - 2012-09-24

Hi Tolriq,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tested your really great tool before but my HTPC is 2,5 metres away from me and it is only mouse supported.
I only want to show the XBMC informations on the second display but I wants to control with a normal remote control.
Aeon Nox 3.5 on the 46" LED TV and the information for a movie, series and music on the 7" LCD Display in my HTPC (Thermaltake DH102)

To get this, your tool isnt the properly, or?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2012-09-24

Something weird happens...i use xbmc as shell...we know that xbmconimon does not work properly without explorer, but for some reason, when i restart xbmc more than one time (xbmc crashes alot lately) xbmconimon start to works perfect even without explorer...i dont know the reason and not happens all the time, but is not impossible like we think....i'm using vfd fork version...

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - bolter - 2012-10-03

I am running version 1.9.5 and everything is working great except one thing. If I have a TV series which is longer than 9 seasons, the display doesn't show the episode number correctly "S10E %episode" but if you go back to season 9 or earlier it works fine. Anyone know what the problem could be?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Facundo - 2012-10-08

Hello everyone!Blush

I am a new user from Italy. I just finished building my HTPC on a Antec Fusion.
My problem: I can not connect XBMC on Imon. Setting up the software on my IP and port 8080 as I leave but I have always connection error.
Do you have suggestions?

thank you very much

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - mmascosta - 2012-10-13

Hi everyone!!

I recently purchased a Nox Live 2 which comes with an Imon LCD. I've been trying this tool for XBMC and it works great!! Smile

However, there's one thing I would like to do and I don't know if it's possible. Unfortunately, we are still not getin information while we're in the menus of XBMC, just when playing music/videos. I see the option to show some text "XBMC" by default or a clock, but is it possible to make the LCD display the usual information (newsfeed, emails, weather, etc) like it does when XBMC for Imon is no lt connected? Something like disable the XBMC for Imon when not displaying information...

Thanks Smile

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-10-17

(2012-10-08, 12:12)Facundo Wrote: Hello everyone!Blush

I am a new user from Italy. I just finished building my HTPC on a Antec Fusion.
My problem: I can not connect XBMC on Imon. Setting up the software on my IP and port 8080 as I leave but I have always connection error.
Do you have suggestions?

thank you very much

Use port 80. It worked for me.

This software used to work perfecly with Frodo Alpha 4. But today I tested frodo alpha 6 and it no more displays information. When I try to connect manually, it shows a connection error. I changed port, but not working so I reverted to the alpha 4 build. Any suggestions?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Bettz1 - 2012-11-04

Right just set up my Antec Fusion all im getting is XBMC (Stop) on the display. I've changed my ip to match the one shown in xbmc system which is 192.165.1.75 and changed the port to 9090 but it wont connect any ideas? I've followed the readme file with no luck

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - adskiremote - 2012-11-14

Hi - I'm getting errors when running in Windows 7 x64.

I downloaded the test in the earlier post about x64 architecture but its the same error.

I'm a developer, if you would like me to look at the source code may I build for x64?

Thank you,

Adskiremote

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2012-11-14

The developer isn't active atm adskiremote. You'd be better off sending him a PM, your more likely to get a reply that way.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - BlackMan - 2012-11-14

Hi all,

ASAIK, xbmcOnImon cannot be built for x64 since the SoundGraph API libraries are only 32bit. However, I'm running the 32bit version of xbmcOnImon on Windows 7 x64 without any serious problems (yes, there are still some things that need to be improved).

Please, be sure that you are using the latest version available at github where you can also find the source codes.

Please, when reporting an error, enable the more detailed debug logging, reproduce the error and attach the log file.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - adskiremote - 2012-11-15

Ok will do thanks Gibxxi.
Thanks Blackman - I tried an earlier version, didn't see this. I'll try it out.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - arczi - 2012-12-02

Hi BlackMan,

I installed a new operating system win 8 pro 64bit on my HTPC and I have a problem - XBMC on iMON unfortunately can not connect to the iMON.

iMON is not responding :-(

"...
XbmcOniMon.exe Information: 0 : 12/02/2012 19:29:40 [iMON] Message received: PluginFailed(260)
..."

How can I send (attach) you a full log file?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - parslej - 2012-12-06

Program crashes every second time I play movie Sad

steps to reproduce:
1. play movie
2. stop
3. play movie
4. crash Sad

XBMC frodo (12) Beta 3

Can you please helpHuh
(so miss my VFD msgs....)

Full log here
http://pastebin.com/a3R83Hfd

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2012-12-10

Does XBMConIMON work with Frodo Beta3? I tried Frodo Alpha 6 and it is not working. So I'm using Alpha 4 now.