Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows (/showthread.php?tid=84166)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - davx_77 - 2013-10-17

I have another question for you guys. I am chuffed that iMon now works with XBMC - is there a reason the LCD display is blank when I launch XBMC but after I have played any sort of media file it then displays XBMC.

I thought it would automatically display "XBMC" on the display without me having to start and stop a media file.

Come to think of it - It did earlier - is there a setting I have managed to mess up?

Thanks again

P.S - I wish I had tried XBMC years ago!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2013-10-18

There is a settings in xbmconimon to display window information marked as experimental. Enabling it may help.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - davx_77 - 2013-10-18

I'll give it a bash and let you know - thanks for getting back!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - User 182347 - 2013-10-18

Just tested 1.0.4 and not working on an Antec fusion - .NET errors (an LCD rather than a VFD though!)

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - S0lem - 2013-11-13

(2013-10-15, 13:04)R3N3 Wrote: Image

which version is appropriate for this screen? cdenfert? or is the version of parslej?
because for me using his version, only the title of the movie and nothing more ... is that correct? video codecs, audio codecs ... nothing

Re: RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - achaw - 2013-11-19

(2013-11-13, 09:58)S0lem Wrote:

which version is appropriate for this screen? cdenfert? or is the version of parslej?
because for me using his version, only the title of the movie and nothing more ... is that correct? video codecs, audio codecs ... nothing

Its a vfd screen, so cdenfert

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - User 182347 - 2013-11-20

It's an LCD screen - parslej

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - J.R. - 2013-12-13

I've got the below HTPC, with Soundgraph (iMon) 7" LCD running W8 64bit and using MediaMonkey as my media manager/music player with Classic Shell to bring back the start menu etc.

I'm a complete clueless newb when it comes to XBMC but came across this thread while looking for an alternative to the already horrendous (and so far in W8, not properly functioning) iMon software. (By not properly functioning, I mean that W8 doesn't seem to want to let me run the 7" monitor at it's native ((800x480)) resolution. Hence the iMon interface only covers ~2/3 of the screen...and it was crappty before that in W7 anyway.)

Is this "XBMC on iMON Display" software something that will properly display simple information like media data (playback time, track/artist info etc) and system information etc on the secondary case screen? Does anyone have pictures as to what their LCD setup looks like (I see there's a couple VFD photos the last few pages).

The PC is used largely as a desktop/to manage media (we have a WDTV Live that's on our main HT system) so I don't think I need the full suite of what XBMC is capable of for media playback/GUI etc but I'd love to have the touch screen functioning again with simple information and the ability to say pause, skip tracks etc with the touch functionality.

Any help is greatly appreciated and let me know if more information would be helpful!

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - voyagerxp - 2013-12-16

Can someone give me some help, i set up xbmc on imon a while ago and it's was running great but after a system crash I had to reinstall everything. Well I set xbmc on imon up the same as it was before and when I start my htpc it starts and shows the the info it should but it just disconnects and just shows the imon info lie, CPU speed and so on. The only way it comes back is if I shutdown my htpc and restart.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2013-12-17

Are you using the parslej version of xbmconimon and which xbmc version?

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - gibxxi - 2013-12-26

(2013-11-13, 09:58)S0lem Wrote:

That an LCD variant, not VFD.

The VFD display has a greenish-cyan colour hue to the text and NO icons of any description. No spinning disk in the top left corner, and the background is completely black. The LCD display has the speaker/codec icons, and the spinning disk icon in the top left. Also you can see the backlight somewhat bleed through those elements of the LCD display that are not lit as most of the OEM manufacturers that build cases around these screens do not use the filters that are available from SoundGraph (Separately) for these displays.

The software utility available in this thread caters for the above devices ONLY, AFAIK. The COLOUR TFT type displays were released much later and are SoundGraph's replacement for the monochrome versions. These are not supported by the tools in this forum.

The XBMConiMon 3rd-party software was initially developed to plug holes in SoundGraph's own iMon Manager XBMC implementation, then when XBMC moved from HTTP to JSON control, to totally replace the functionality for XBMC in iMon Manager.

Both cdenfert's version and Parslej's revamped version still have outstanding issues, and have not been updated in some time. If your looking at getting a case with one of these displays pre-installed specifically for use with XBMC, my advice (having had both monochrome VFD and LCD variants) is to avoid them at all costs. The issues with software aside, the ATX power adapter that is required to power these devices is pretty poor quality. It doesn't take much for the pins in the adapter to start pushing out when you connect your PSU to it, so all-in-all I'd stay away. For me, the amount of time I spend looking at the LCD, it may as well not be there at all. And the graphic equalizer won't function either if your running XBMC with WASAPI because of driver exclusivity.

What you gain, is not worth the effort, or problems you will face with these devices. If the support (from SoundGraph) was better, I might have a different view, but that is also not the best in terms of quality or response time.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - User 182347 - 2013-12-29

I agree with gibxxi.

I was initially keen to have the display fully functional with XBMC, but it's basically useless. I just set the software to turn off the display at boot - might as well not have it tbh.

If you really want the display to show useful info (time remaining etc.) then I know it can be made to work with WMC. I just way prefer the customisability of XBMC.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - loller37 - 2014-01-02

Hello!

I use this program with win server 2012, in a chieftech HM 03 hifi series enclosure (VDF included), XbmcOniMon.exe,the latest version (0.1.9.5).
The display writes the song datas, but doesn't use the 2. row, and the text doesn't scrolls.

Can you solve this problem?

thx

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - bolter - 2014-01-03

can someone please help with my problem. i was running xbmc 12.2 on windows 7 64 bit with imon LCD version 0.1.9.5, everything working great. I now have updated to the latest nightly (Gotham 13.0) and now imon version 0.1.9.5 will not connect, nor will version 0.1.0.4 I have seen threads where people suggest creating an advancedsettings.xml file, but have not created a xml file before and not sure what to do. I have a program called xml notepad and copied the text suggested into it but still could not connect.

please help, really miss the imon display.

RE: [WINDOWS] XBMC on iMON Display (LCD / VFD) for Windows - baijuxavior - 2014-01-03

Code:
<jsonrpc>
<tcpport>9090</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>

Copy the above code to notepad and save it as advancedsettings.xml. During save select 'Save as type' as 'All files', otherwise the filename will be advancedsettings.xml.txt. Copy this file to xbmc userdata folder which is usually 'C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata'