Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Carmichael (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=187)
+----- Thread: [WIP] The Carmichael - a new skin for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=84970)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

- Rygrath - 2010-12-31

Two GIT updates ago I seemed to have lost most the views for Movies. Right now my only choices are Files and Big Grid. I've gone through the options and can't find a cause.

Today I uninstalled the skin, removed it's entries from guisettings.ini and got a fresh copy with your latest changes. Checked the Movies section and still just have Files and Big Grid views to choose from.

Thanks for any help Smile

- mcborzu - 2010-12-31

Rygrath Wrote:Two GIT updates ago I seemed to have lost most the views for Movies. Right now my only choices are Files and Big Grid. I've gone through the options and can't find a cause.

Today I uninstalled the skin, removed it's entries from guisettings.ini and got a fresh copy with your latest changes. Checked the Movies section and still just have Files and Big Grid views to choose from.

Thanks for any help Smile

What you using on TV level, as I have it coded and so certain views don't show when banner/landscape checked. Thought everything was good, I'll 2x check though...

- Rygrath - 2010-12-31

I got landscape and banner.jpg checked in the TV/Movies option screen.
Just played with those options since you mentioned it.

If I leave them all unchecked, then I just get 2 views for both movies and TV Shows.

If I check either "Use banner thumbs" or landscape thumbs, I get the missing views in movies.

If I check the Use banner.jpg and/or landscape.jpg I lose the movie views but get all the TV Show views.

Thanks for narrowing that down for me, now makes some sense.

- mcborzu - 2010-12-31

If you want a quick fix delete line 26 in Viewtype_Poster and line 30 in Viewtype_Showcase. I'll slowly 2x check later...

- Rygrath - 2010-12-31

Most excellent. That worked perfectly for me. Got all the TV views with landscape.jpg and banner.jpg active and all the movie views.

Much thanks sir!
Have a great New Years Smile

Minor modifications - DJXFMA - 2011-01-01

mcborzu Wrote:Actually I just made a change that the submenu panel is hidden for "Pictures" and "Custom Home Items"...GIT is up to date with the change...
Ok great!

Other changes
I also changed some of the XML files beneath:
Look for the <!-- DJXFMA MOD part
What is does is this:
  • Made the plot a little bit smaller till 170 pixels height
  • Poster down by 5 pixels
  • Show the Season which is selected in color Main_Green (center)
  • Show plot for coverflow users and also Season title Smile
  • Code updated: instead of showing Plot from TV Show, now lets show you Plot of episode Smile
  • Fixed show plot on season screen tv show screen and episode screen

Poster: Seasons

Coverflow: Seasons

Coverflow: Episodes

- oblonhor - 2011-01-02

Just wanted to say thanks for this skin, didn't stop using Night since I discovered it and it's going to be the same with this one. Love your style!

- buzz_kill - 2011-01-02

OK WTF, I upgraded to the newest Git and now I only have a choice of files, and big grid view types. I hope this gets fixed soon because this has ruined the skin as far as my use goes.

Sorry about bein so annoyed, but when something I like gets messed up I cant sit quietly

- DJXFMA - 2011-01-02

buzz_kill Wrote:OK WTF, I upgraded to the newest Git and now I only have a choice of files, and big grid view types. I hope this gets fixed soon because this has ruined the skin as far as my use goes.

Sorry about bein so annoyed, but when something I like gets messed up I cant sit quietly

Go to Skin settings and enable Use Landscape Thumbs for TV Section on Movies/TV, that will work. The visible check is wrong. I think it will be fixed in a few days hopefully..

- Rygrath - 2011-01-02

buzz_kill Wrote:OK WTF, I upgraded to the newest Git and now I only have a choice of files, and big grid view types. I hope this gets fixed soon because this has ruined the skin as far as my use goes.

If you took 30seconds of your time before 'WTFraging" and read the page before this one, you'd see that this has been brought up and mcborzu posted how to fix it real quick before he updates GIT.

some people...

- Japaja - 2011-01-03

I'm liking the new colors. Smile

- macshield - 2011-01-03

Is there an option that needs to be checked in order to get all the views? All I have access to is list and big icons

- mcborzu - 2011-01-03

Japaja Wrote:I'm liking the new colors. Smile

Nice catch didn't really announce it but before I add to Repo I'd like to add 5-8 color options

macshield Wrote:Is there an option that needs to be checked in order to get all the views? All I have access to is list and big icons

Try GIT now, I believe I got the Movie visibility issue corrected...

- bmcclure937 - 2011-01-03

Great work on this skin! Looks very clean.

- mcborzu - 2011-01-03

DJXFMA Wrote:Ok great!

Other changes
I also changed some of the XML files beneath:
Look for the <!-- DJXFMA MOD part
What is does is this:
  • Made the plot a little bit smaller till 170 pixels height
  • Poster down by 5 pixels
  • Show the Season which is selected in color Main_Green (center)
  • Show plot for coverflow users and also Season title Smile
  • Code updated: instead of showing Plot from TV Show, now lets show you Plot of episode Smile
  • Fixed show plot on season screen tv show screen and episode screen

Poster: Seasons

Just wanted to say I've seen your post and along with the holidays I'm coming off a bad cold so havent done much...

On coverflow for episodes - Not sure about it since I don't want to deviate on my "rules" for the top section:
1. Title
2. Plot
3. One line of relevant facts

Thats why I havent 'offically' let coverflow into episodes yet...