Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-27, 14:06)ruuk Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 08:34)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-05-27, 02:29)ruuk Wrote: And this had the same behavior? 'No Messages' in the title and the deleted message stays?

Yes ,to both sorry forgot to say

It sounds like this happens every time you delete the last post. Since it never happens to me, I think is must be a bug with xbmc either related to your xbmc version or the OS. I guess I'll finally update to the newst XBMC version (I'm still on 10) and see if I get the same result. If not I'll still try a workaround and have you test that.

Hi ruuk,

It does exactly the same on my windows machine, whereby it confirms deletion of PM, but the message is still visible

Windows log

Both my machines run Eden.

I might do a complete uninstall of forum browser, web viewer, and all related folders, and see if it still does it.

Go on step into 2012 yourself, and I will see you on the other side.Big Grin

For my reference Smile

Uninstalling Forum Browser completely

Via XBMC
  • Uninstall Forum Browser via XBMC
  • Uninstall Web Viewer via XBMC

Via WinSCP
  • xbmc > addons > packages, delete all zips
  • xbmc > addons, delete ruuk.addon.repository
  • xbmc > userdata > addon_data, delete script.forum.browser
  • xbmc > userdata > addon_data, delete script.web.viewer

This will delete all settings, including favs, and downloaded forums

Hi ruuk,

Did a complete re install, with the same problem, ie deleting last pm, gets you a deletion confirmation, but message stays

see log New forum browser install

Ignore the log at the start, it's the very end you want Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-27, 21:32)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Did a complete re install, with the same problem, ie deleting last pm, gets you a deletion confirmation, but message stays

see log New forum browser install

Ignore the log at the start, it's the very end you want Wink
There's an error in the log, but it can't be causing this issue. It would cause the message to not be cleared (which would be normal behavior) but it shouldn't say no messages.
I've upgraded my XBMC and I also tried simulating the error, and still couldn't get it to do what's happening to you. I'll try out a workaround in the next release, which should be up in a few minutes Smile

v0.9.50 RC8 - ruuk - 2012-05-27

Version 0.9.50 RC8

Changes:
- Fixed Flickr video playback
- Removed Vimeo video handling (will still show thumbnails on link) - Getting Vimeo .flv link method is broken
- Added activity splash when getting video info
- Removed SSL references from help
- Fixed formatting for private messages (ie smilies show, etc)
- Reply/Forward PM now quotes the message and fills the title
- Added activity splash when opening PMs/Posts in full view
- Fixed error handling BB code url links with quotes ie. [url="http://www.google.com"]Google[/url]
- No longer continues trying to login after login error
- Subscriptions and Messages buttons now remain disabled until logged in
- Removed login error messages from threads and posts view
- Logged in indicator now turns red on login error
- Tapatalk: Added some code that may alleviate some connection related errors
- Possible fix for last post deletion failing to clear list

- Experimental:
- Thread starter and last poster for threads lists (all - more or less)
- Page handling for MyBB, PhBB, FluxBB, IPBoard (VBulletin was already working) + some generic page handling

On my REPO.

(2012-05-26, 11:55)hasselhof Wrote: Test

Flickr test

Vimeo test

Hi ruuk,
Just got your update, good news the last PM delete's everytimeSmile well done sir, will test fully another day, the flickr link in my previous post doesn,t work with full screen post, there is no push left menu appearing thanks again
John

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-27

(2012-05-27, 22:33)hasselhof Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 11:55)hasselhof Wrote: Test

Flickr test

Vimeo test

Hi ruuk,
Just got your update, good news the last PM delete's everytimeSmile well done sir, will test fully another day, the flickr link in my previous post doesn,t work with full screen post, there is no push left menu appearing thanks again
John

Maybe there was an error when it was fetching the video info... I'll change it to make the list still display when there is an error, which it should Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-05-28

Hi ruuk,

Couldn't get Flickr videos to work, IE couldn't find a link in any forum, and when I try to post a link, forum browser doesn't acknowledge the type of link eg flickr video (I think you said you were updating the type of links in next release), can you post a test link of a Flickr video for me to try ?

Vimeo now shows the thumbnails of video, and opens up web viewer at page in question.

Youtube videos just work all the time. Cool

Activity splash when getting video info is working ok

SSL reference in help has now gone

Private messages IE smiles are working ok

Reply/Forward PM now quotes the message and fills in the title ok Smile

Activity splash when opening PM'S/Posts in full screen view is working ok Smile

Not sure how to tell if I'm continuing to try and login once there is a login error, I made it give me a message and a red login failed icon, by faking false login details. The message seems a bit long see my Screenshot

Subscriptions and messages buttons do remain disabled until logged in Smile

The login error message has been removed ok from Threads & post views ok Smile

The login indicator now turns red ok when there is a login error

The deleting of the last PM is still working ok Smile

Here is my Log if you want to have a look to see if your code alleviated some connection problems, sorry it's so long again

Not sure if your aware, but this forum only allows six smilies per post, for future reference

Another great ruukster release, real smooth.

Could these be considered for your todo list, an easy to get at log out/in button, for anonymous browsing,
and, when on full screen post view, an up and down arrow for forward/back navigation from within full screen post view
and, .avi video file extension playing from within forums
and, forum browser to be able to make me a nice cup of rosy lee / tea Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-28

Conveniently the embedded video shows up as a link in the tapatalk, so I don't need to do anything to make it work Smile

Except for in the users own posts, apparently. I'll have to fix that Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-05-28

Embedded video fixed for next release Smile

v0.9.51 RC9 - ruuk - 2012-05-28

Version 0.9.51 RC9

Changes:
- Context menus no longer show options that are not available when not logged in or not available for the parser type
- Error when getting video info will no longer cause links not to be displayed
- Now plays embedded video (ie [video] tags) - shows them as links
-
- Experimental:
- VBulletin: Added logins and viewing of subscriptions (only tested with Boxee)

On my REPO.

RE: v0.9.51 RC9 - hasselhof - 2012-05-30

(2012-05-28, 21:26)ruuk Wrote: Version 0.9.51 RC9

Changes:
- Context menus no longer show options that are not available when not logged in or not available for the parser type
- Error when getting video info will no longer cause links not to be displayed
- Now plays embedded video (ie [video] tags) - shows them as links
-
- Experimental:
- VBulletin: Added logins and viewing of subscriptions (only tested with Boxee)

On my REPO.

Hi ruuk,

I can't find any problems with the context menu options,while logged in/out so all good Smile

Video links now display, which were problematic before Smile

Embedded youtube video's play fine also Smile

I've noticed on many releases but forgot to mention the top right stop button in forum browser,
on my tv looks better with the word stop in black, as opposed to the word stop being white
see Screenshot, it shows up the progress bar much better on Transparency skin
I randomly get the word stop in both black and white, mostly white, the black appears
when changing forums eg changing to xbmchub

I'm going away for a few days so won't be able to test if any future releasesSad , but will check in on my phone.Back around the 6th JuneSmile

Cheers

John

Re: RE: v0.9.51 RC9 - ruuk - 2012-05-31

(2012-05-30, 23:53)hasselhof Wrote: I've noticed on many releases but forgot to mention the top right stop button in forum browser,
on my tv looks better with the word stop in black, as opposed to the word stop being white
see Screenshot, it shows up the progress bar much better on Transparency skin
I randomly get the word stop in both black and white, mostly white, the black appears
when changing forums eg changing to xbmchub
The stop color is white when the stop button is in focus, and black when not (along with changes in the button appearance). When doing a stoppable activity I move the focus to the stop button. I guess I missed a spot where it should be switched.
In any case, I'll look and see if I want to do anything differently with the stop color. The idea was to give the feel of a stop sign (at least how they look on this side of the atlantic Smile )

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2012-06-05

Hi ruuk,

Is there a way of getting xbmc.log and a screenshot
from local machine to a viewable place on internet
via forum browser that you can think of

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2012-06-05

(2012-06-05, 14:52)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ruuk,

Is there a way of getting xbmc.log and a screenshot
from local machine to a viewable place on internet
via forum browser that you can think of

I've thought about seeing if I could make an option to send a log to pastebin (I'm pretty sure there is a pastebin addon/module I could use) and then share the link in a post.
Right now though, of course, you could just use the pastebin addon.

Also my X-Note addon will allow you to create notes in Evernote with the XBMC log and with screenshots. If you did that in a shared notebook I think that would come close to the result you are looking for. You would need to sign up for a free Evernote account of course. There would also be a bonus for me here as no one but me has tested that addon and given me any feedback Smile

On a somewhat related note I'm thinking of making a sort of clipboard functionality, so you could for instance copy a link, image url or message content from a post and paste it into another post (perhaps even on another forum) which leads me to another idea which would be to make a clipboard addon module that would allow addons that use it to share clipboard functionality between them. So for instance you could create a note in X-Note, copy the link to the note to the "clipboard", close X-Note, open Forum Browser and paste from the "clipboard" into a post. Of course, I really don't need to be writing another addon Smile