Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - versus - 2013-10-19

Could you please check why the post appear empty when post view is selected in this forum

http://www.crometeo.net/phpbb/

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-10-19

(2013-10-19, 15:07)versus Wrote: Could you please check why the post appear empty when post view is selected in this forum

I was able to get posts to display.
Could you give me an example post I could go to? I need the forum name and thread name and post number.

A link to the post would work as well.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - versus - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-19, 23:05)ruuk Wrote:
(2013-10-19, 15:07)versus Wrote: Could you please check why the post appear empty when post view is selected in this forum

I was able to get posts to display.
Could you give me an example post I could go to? I need the forum name and thread name and post number.

A link to the post would work as well.

Took me a while to figure out why was it that even I managed to see the post at first. Then figured out that it gets broken after you insert forum username and password.Just register and you'll see.

visit this subforum which is available only after registering

DISKUSIJA: PROGNOZE

http://www.crometeo.net/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=2

v2.1.15 - ruuk - 2013-10-30

Version 2.1.15

Changes:
- Added option to search tapatalk.com forum database when adding a forum from online
- Added option to search forumrunner.com forum database when adding a forum from online
- Added 'Auto' button to the theme color dialog. Attempts to automatically determine the logo background color
- Some skin tweaks

On my REPO.

I put on my hacker hat for a while.
After many many hours of wracking my brains (I'm a rather poor hacker Smile ) I finally got a "Man In The Middle" proxy going between my phone and tapatalk.com. This allowed me to view the contents of the SSL encrypted requests between the Tapatalk app and the Tapatalk forum database.

The result is Forum Browser is now able to search the Tapatalk forum database.
While I was on a roll I went ahead and added the ability to search the Forumrunner database as well Smile

Now when you select "Add From Online" you can choose between the Forum Browser, Tapatalk and Forumrunner databases.
So far, only searching is available for the new databases. Category browsing will come in time.

(2013-10-26, 11:04)versus Wrote: Took me a while to figure out why was it that even I managed to see the post at first. Then figured out that it gets broken after you insert forum username and password.Just register and you'll see.

I'm awaiting an admin to verify my registration. Then I'll be able to check this out.

Re: RE: v2.1.15 - hasselhof - 2013-10-30

Sounds great I will try it out later, I love Forum Browser updates Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Ravin9 - 2013-10-30

Could you add support for Russian \ Ukrainian forums in the next version? For example: forum.bashtel.ru

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-10-30

Hu Ruuk I have tried to update Forum Browser, got a box saying Forum Browser addon updated, but the version number has stayed the same V 2.1.14. Also in system>addons>availble Forum Browser update is still available showing V2.1.15 after addon update confirmation box has displayed

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-30, 19:39)hasselhof Wrote: Hu Ruuk I have tried to update Forum Browser, got a box saying Forum Browser addon updated, but the version number has stayed the same V 2.1.14. Also in system>addons>availble Forum Browser update is still available showing V2.1.15 after addon update confirmation box has displayed
Probably some repository error. I'll look at it now.

I forgot to commit my changes before I made the zip, so the zip contained the 2.1.14 Smile
Should be fixed now.

Re: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-10-30

Still the same, I've forced a refresh on your repo, checked for updates on your repo & rebooted, still as described before. I could completly uninstall and reinstall as a last resort. I will wait for you. Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-30, 20:09)hasselhof Wrote: Still the same, I've forced a refresh on your repo, checked for updates on your repo & rebooted, still as described before. I could completly uninstall and reinstall as a last resort. I will wait for you. Big Grin

I'm about to push a new version. That should clear it up Smile

Version 2.1.16

Changes:
- Fixed encoding detection for the Parser Browser, enabling proper display of languages which use, for example, Cyrillic script
- Change skin colors from white/black to FFFFFFFF/FF000000 for XBMC skins that define the constants differently (ie Aeon Nox white theme)

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-10-30

(2013-10-30, 01:48)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.15

Changes:
- Added option to search tapatalk.com forum database when adding a forum from online
- Added option to search forumrunner.com forum database when adding a forum from online
- Added 'Auto' button to the theme color dialog. Attempts to automatically determine the logo background color
- Some skin tweaks

On my REPO.

I put on my hacker hat for a while.
After many many hours of wracking my brains (I'm a rather poor hacker Smile ) I finally got a "Man In The Middle" proxy going between my phone and tapatalk.com. This allowed me to view the contents of the SSL encrypted requests between the Tapatalk app and the Tapatalk forum database.

The result is Forum Browser is now able to search the Tapatalk forum database.
While I was on a roll I went ahead and added the ability to search the Forumrunner database as well Smile

Now when you select "Add From Online" you can choose between the Forum Browser, Tapatalk and Forumrunner databases.
So far, only searching is available for the new databases. Category browsing will come in time.

Hi Ruuk

sorry took so long had to nip out,

V2.1.16 auto updated on it's own ok thanks.

searching tapatalk.com forum database works nicely, & was able to add to my local list ok
searching forumrunner.com forum database works nicely, & was able to add to my local list ok
This is a major breakthrough regards the official forum databases, nice one Big Grin

'Auto' button to the theme colour dialog. Seems to work ok (More time required for testing)

When I searched the tapatalk.com forum database for the search term 'raspbmc' it gave a notification that it didn't find any forums,
when clicking ok, the notification window reappeared waiting for me to click ok again, & so on & so on, there seems to be an infinite loop
maybe this log will help, but there doesn't appear to much wrong in it.

Thanks for the update
Don't let your hacker hat get too dusty Tongue

v2.1.17 - ruuk - 2013-10-31

Version 2.1.17

Changes:
- Fixed infinite loop when no forums returned on Tapatalk/Forumrunner database search
- Added category browsing for Tapatalk & Forumrunner

On my REPO.

By the way, the Tapatalk categories have no icons because they are listed by Forum Browser (maybe I'll add some icons later)
The Forumrunner forums have icons, but XBMC can't display the URL for some reason. Maybe I'll figure out a fix.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-10-31

(2013-10-30, 22:52)hasselhof Wrote: 'Auto' button to the theme colour dialog. Seems to work ok (More time required for testing)
It will not be useful for all logos. Logos with a large transparent background will probably give black or white.
Others without a clear background color will give something of an approximation/average background color.

It uses some formula based on a histogram of the image. I found it on the internet when searching for a way to generate fanart backgrounds for my Geek & Sundry plugin.

Code:
h = img.histogram()
rgb = tuple([b.index(max(b)) for b in [ h[i*256:(i+1)*256] for i in range(3) ]])

v2.1.18 - ruuk - 2013-10-31

Version 2.1.18

Changes:
- Now shows and uses Forumrunner forum icons from the FR database
- Added category icons for Tapatalk database
- Added search, next and previous icons for databases
- Fixed error when adding forums (created in last update)
- Added 'Back' option when browsing FR/TT databases to return to the categories/search menu or parent category
- Exiting FB/TT/FR database browsing now returns to the FB/TT/FR menu
- Removed the 'Add From Online' button. Now 'Add Forum' will show a choice between Forum Browser DB, Tapatalk DB, Forumrunner DB and adding manually
- Exiting the 'Add Forum' hierarchy will now cause a jump to the last added forum for all databases
- Updated language files from Transifex

On my REPO.

This seems like a good time to push for a 2.2 release to the main repo. Please (anyone) let me know of any outstanding issues.

(2013-10-26, 11:04)versus Wrote: Took me a while to figure out why was it that even I managed to see the post at first. Then figured out that it gets broken after you insert forum username and password.Just register and you'll see.

I'm still trying to register for this forum. My first try I never got my email verification mail, then I changed my email and got one, but it told me I had to wait for admin verification. Nothing so far there. I just tried another username and failed to get my email verification mail again. Argh.

v2.1.19 - ruuk - 2013-11-01

Version 2.1.19

Changes:
- Fix for encoding errors preventing the display of the post view on some forums

On my REPO.

versus: Give this a try and let me know how it works for you.