Kodi Community Forum
Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Forum Browser - Programs Addon (/showthread.php?tid=85018)

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-18

(2013-11-18, 22:37)hasselhof Wrote: I really like the new 'Sequeal' wip skin, it will be my new skin of choice Smile
Smile
(2013-11-18, 22:37)hasselhof Wrote: When previewing images in post view, pressing left keeps you continually focused on the thumbnails, pressing right after you've get to the last preview image jumps onto the three new buttons, could the focus be kept on the preview thumbnails, continually rolling round the preview images. Then to get to the three button press up ?.
I don't like it either. I'm trying to figure out how to get around it. The problem is that I want it to go to the image list when you press right when you are focused on the post (up works as well but if you are at the bottom of a long post you have to scroll to the top first). But if the images are hidden, and the image list isn't set to go somewhere when you move right, then nothing happens. The other option is to have it go to the buttons when you press right from the post, but I don't really like that either.

What I really want is it that when you press right from the post it goes to the images (or if they're hidden, it goes to the buttons) and have the image list behave as you said. Hopefully I can figure something out.
(2013-11-18, 22:37)hasselhof Wrote: What I would like if it's possible / no trouble, when you get time is to be able to add things like 'Subscriptions' folder to XBMC favs, and add individual forums to XBMC favs, this would be useful for sub menus in skins like Aeon Nox.
Just to be clear, you'd like to be able to add forums to the XBMC favorites so you could jump to them directly? I'll look into how I can get something into the XBMC favorites when I get the chance.
(2013-11-18, 22:37)hasselhof Wrote: Thanks very much for the new skin, & I will continue to check it out.
I'm glad you like it. I'll be continuing to improve it. Please let me know where it needs improvement. For example I just decided that I probably need to have a color when highlighting a selected item (forums and threads). The gray tends to get lost on some backgrounds and also some of the item text gets lost against the gray on some backgrounds.
I'll probably default it to blue and make it changeable per view.

v2.1.35 - ruuk - 2013-11-19

Version 2.1.35

Changes:
- Made item highlights blue in the forums and threads lists (a little on posts)
- Fixed image list in message view, now just wraps to beginning when going off the right edge

On my REPO.

Let me know how you like the color highlighting the selected item.
I had an epiphany and figured out how to make the images list work properly on the message view.

(2013-11-18, 22:37)hasselhof Wrote: What I would like if it's possible / no trouble, when you get time is to be able to add things like 'Subscriptions' folder to XBMC favs, and add individual forums to XBMC favs, this would be useful for sub menus in skins like Aeon Nox.
I looked into adding things to favorites. It looks like the code has been added to XBMC to make it possible to add a favorite from addon code. Unfortunately, this won't be possible until Gotham or perhaps later (I didn't quite follow the commit messages on github).
Plugins of course have this built in. I could modify the favorites.xml file, but that is sort of a hack I'd like to avoid. I'll probably wait until Gotham and see if the ability is there, and then decide whether or not to do that.

v2.1.36 - ruuk - 2013-11-21

Version 2.1.36

Changes:
- Sequel skin:
- - Added a color selection dialog
- - Added the ability to set list selection color
- - Background images will now fill the window AND keep their aspect ratio
- - Some text color tweaks on the threads window

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-21

Designing a color selection dialog was a major pain, but this will be much more useful that the one used in the header color dialog.
Eventually I will use this new code for the header color dialog as well.

I'll probably add help for it later, but for now you have:
R: Red
G: Green
B: Blue

V: Value (ie how much black)
S: Saturation (ie how much color)

A: Alpha (ie how transparent the color is)

The sliders will update their colors to reflect what color you will get when you move the slider to that position.

This is basically modeled after the Gimp color dialog. For some parts I reverse engineered the Gimp's operation after much trial and error Smile
All this math makes my head hurt Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-18, 22:58)ruuk Wrote: Just to be clear, you'd like to be able to add forums to the XBMC favorites so you could jump to them directly? I'll look into how I can get something into the XBMC favorites when I get the chance.
(2013-11-19, 03:23)ruuk Wrote:
I looked into adding things to favorites. It looks like the code has been added to XBMC to make it possible to add a favorite from addon code. Unfortunately, this won't be possible until Gotham or perhaps later (I didn't quite follow the commit messages on github).
Plugins of course have this built in. I could modify the favorites.xml file, but that is sort of a hack I'd like to avoid. I'll probably wait until Gotham and see if the ability is there, and then decide whether or not to do that.

Yes I would like to be able to add forums to the XBMC favorites so you could jump to them directly, but no worries at all ruuk I understand, thanks.

(2013-11-19, 03:23)ruuk Wrote: Version 2.1.35

Changes:
- Made item highlights blue in the forums and threads lists (a little on posts)
- Fixed image list in message view, now just wraps to beginning when going off the right edge

On my REPO.

Let me know how you like the color highlighting the selected item.
I had an epiphany and figured out how to make the images list work properly on the message view.

I really like the blue highlights, they really stand out nicely, good choice of colour, it works well both on light & dark skin

The image list in message view is much more natural now it continually wraps, thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - hasselhof - 2013-11-23

I'm going to take a good look at the new colour selection dialog, & let you know what I think.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-23

(2013-11-23, 23:04)hasselhof Wrote: I'm going to take a good look at the new colour selection dialog, & let you know what I think.
Cool. I'm almost done with the message editor for the Sequel skin. It's got a bunch of changes and some new features. Hopefully they're good changes Smile
I'm trying to make things more user friendly and make better use of screen real estate. One thing I think I will add eventually is a '?' icon by the new view options dialog that will pop up an overlay that diagrams the controls for the window. That will be after the skin is done and all the issues worked out.

I appreciate the positive feedback on the changes Smile but don't hesitate to let me know if something seems not quite right or could be better in some way. If I'm going to have this replace the current light/dark skins, I want it to be an improvement in all areas if possible.

Test posting from new message editor skin... - ruuk - 2013-11-24

Test posting from new message editor skin...

v2.1.37 - ruuk - 2013-11-24

Version 2.1.37

Changes:
- Sequel skin: Added animation to color selection dialog
- Sequel skin: Added animation to the background fade level dialog
- Sequel skin: Added message editor window
- Reworked some message editor code
- Created per skin quote wrapping width and increased width on Sequel skin for the various post views

On my REPO.

v2.1.38 - ruuk - 2013-11-24

Version 2.1.38

Changes:
- Add some language strings
- Change highlight for 'Started By:' and added highlight for 'Last Post By:' fields on threads view when started by self
- Change for 'Delete Line' highlight to make it look less selected and flow better with the add before/after lines

On my REPO.

Some small changes, but I figured I'd post an update before I start whacking at the Forums Manager skin.

v2.1.39 - ruuk - 2013-11-29

Version 2.1.39

Changes:
- Sequel Skin:
- - Added skin for forums manager
- - Darkened menu bar for light themed forums
- - Extended selection color to window buttons
- - Various skin tweaks
- Added setting 'Slide Up On Video (On Supported Skins)' in Settings:Video
- Fix for header color editor using new color dialog (it's not supposed to do that yet Smile )

On my REPO.

RE: [RELEASE] Forum Browser - Programs Addon - ruuk - 2013-11-29

In the past couple of days I've gotten a new 1TB hd for my dev machine, re-installed the OS and software on my dev machine and setup a new 55" 3D TV for the main room.
Having a better Netflix on the new TV means I could move the ATV2 to my wife's craft room, and I can finally use the Ouya for XBMC in the main room (which was also previously waiting for the official XBMC release). Now I just need to get a Raspberry Pi and I'll have a pretty wide range of XBMC testing systems Smile

Test3 - ruuk - 2013-11-30

Test
Test14

v2.1.40 - ruuk - 2013-12-01

Version 2.1.40

Changes:
- Sequel Skin:
----- Added Forum Settings skin
----- Added Message Dialog skin
----- Added Yes/No Dialog skin
----- Added Select Dialog skin
----- Added Small Select Dialog skin
----- Added Smilies Dialog skin
----- Added Forum Select Dialog skin
----- Added Image Choice Dialog skin
----- Added Splash Dialog skin
----- Added Options Dialog skin
----- Added Text Dialog skin
----- Added Notifications (normal and small) skins
----- Fixed the menu selection colors for the search buttons
- When posting new/edited posts/messages, the splash now closes before displaying the notification dialog
- Fixed an issue when opening a post bookmark where closing the post view would result in it automatically re-opening
- Fixed a bug where videos were not playing when being clicked from the media list on the post view
- Fixed a bug where closing the 'More' smilies dialog caused XBMC to crash
- Re-arranged and improved a bunch of code in the process of fixing the smilies crash bug

On my REPO.

This makes the Sequel skin a complete skin.
After I update the header background color dialog with the new color dialog, I'm going to go through the process of removing both the Light and Dark skins, and making the Sequel skin the default. This doesn't mean the Sequel skin is finished or that it won't change, but it's complete and I need to live with the changes for a bit so I can see where it needs tweaks and improvements.

Other than the above mentioned changes, that will be it for new features for a bit. I'll be just bug fixing and adjusting while I get all my other addons ready for Gotham.
I think the next official repo release I'll bump up to 3.0. I think there has been enough change and improvement since the 2.0 release that it makes sense.

v2.1.41 - ruuk - 2013-12-02

Version 2.1.41

Changes:
- Use the new color dialog for header color selection
- 'Default' button on color dialog is now 'Auto' when setting header color
- Added Red,Green,Blue,Black,Gray and White buttons to color dialog
- Added a dialog that asks if you want to use the color when exiting the color dialog

On my REPO.