Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-01-26

Users, feel free to post more suggestions.

May the best icons win.. :-)

- blacklist - 2011-01-26

Japaja Wrote:LOL since everyone is posting mock-ups here is mine:

I really like these, although if I'm being critical, it would be nice if they all were shot from the same 3/4 turn angle like the headphones.

- The-Boxhead - 2011-01-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey X,

Yeah, i've been thinking a similar thing. I think for the release i may leave it icon free, and code it so the user can create a folder called icon in the skin media folder, and place their icons in there.

That way as long as the icon canvas is the correct size and the icons are named correctly they will appear fine.

Cheers

Prolly a good idea. As it goes for the icons from the example posted with the slr camera... The headset and tv rests on the shelf, the SLR camera does not, it hoovers far over the shelf so it doesnt fit into the theme... Prolly it's also to big in relation to the headset ?

- tcman47 - 2011-01-26

Looking Good! Wink

- BigDaddyRal - 2011-01-27

I googled a little and found some images I think would make great icons, what do you think?

All of them are from 123rf.com, which costs money, but it's about $1.40 a piece at a resolution over 512x512.

I think they fit the skin nicely.

Deleted

- fonzie - 2011-01-27

BigDaddyRal Wrote:I googled a little and found some images I think would make great icons, what do you think?

All of them are from 123rf.com, which costs money, but it's about $1.40 a piece at a resolution over 512x512.

I think they fit the skin nicely.

Those icons seem really nice. Me likey.

- The-Boxhead - 2011-01-27

Those icons are looking very good in my mind Smile

- Jezz_X - 2011-01-27

Real nice icons problem is once you buy them I doubt they want you shipping them in a state were other people can just reuse them which kind of defeats the purpose

I read their standard use agreement and I don't think this violates those terms.

Here is a possible icon for favorites, I haven't found one I think is perfect yet, but this aint bad:

- SamHill - 2011-01-27

Just search google. You can find similar pictures.

Turntable

Umbrella

Camera

etc...

- bridgman - 2011-01-28

a good link for icons

http://findicons.com/

- natew - 2011-01-28

Hope this isn't getting flooded with mockups but since k271's are the most commonly used headphones in studios they make a great generic icon.

Masked them out and added a quick shadow:

If you want to use them for an icon let me know and I'll send the psd your way.

edit: What's a few more seconds? Here's a png if anyone wants it.

- blacklist - 2011-01-28

natew Wrote:Hope this isn't getting flooded with mockups but since k271's are the most commonly used headphones in studios they make a great generic icon.

So funny, I just took a pair of these off not 3 minutes before I read this post.

Les Paul + iPad + iRig + k271's sounds fantastic and keeps the family happy Big Grin

- michaeldecharon - 2011-01-28

natew Wrote:Hope this isn't getting flooded with mockups but since k271's are the most commonly used headphones in studios they make a great generic icon.

Masked them out and added a quick shadow:

If you want to use them for an icon let me know and I'll send the psd your way.

edit: What's a few more seconds? Here's a png if anyone wants it.

Very Nice!

What about the other icons? Any ideas?

Cann't wait to see more of your design!