Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- Nyvo - 2011-02-11

liquidskin76 Wrote:Out of interest, how did you find the font, poster, etc size on that handover release? What sort of distance are you sitting at?

Cheers
I don't have any grievances, the font on the home screens and nice, crisp and clear. The date and time is a tad small but thats not a big issue for me.

On the Movies & TV Shows screen, Im using the Video Poster view which is perfect. I tried the Poster wall but the images were just slightly too small for my preference.

On a 40" LCD at a distance of about 7ft.

- vanOert - 2011-02-11

+1 on everything, 42" Plasma at about 3 Meters viewing distance.

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-02-14

I am definitely in Image with this skin

I have no complaint or advices to the devs, they are just on the right path.
I am madly impatient to see the final release.

I hope skinners are not Image
and will satisfy us soon.

- stephenvz - 2011-02-15

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I am definitely in Image with this skin

I have no complaint or advices to the devs, they are just on the right path.
I am madly impatient to see the final release.

I hope skinners are not Image
and will satisfy us soon.

Sorry to go off topic but those are really nice smileys

- liquidskin76 - 2011-02-15

...very cute smileys!

- Smobbo - 2011-02-15

The version available in the old thread is already brilliant!
I hope a new alpha/beta with new features (like custom homescreen links to addons) will be available soon.

The only remark i have is that on a 30 inch low res (1024x768) screen the plot is unreadable. It is simply to small, perhaps there can be a setting to make the font bigger (or is that a pain in the ass to make?).

Anyhow looking forward to new developmentsBig Grin

- liquidskin76 - 2011-02-15

Smobbo Wrote:The version available in the old thread is already brilliant!
I hope a new alpha/beta with new features (like custom homescreen links to addons) will be available soon.

The only remark i have is that on a 30 inch low res (1024x768) screen the plot is unreadable. It is simply to small, perhaps there can be a setting to make the font bigger (or is that a pain in the ass to make?).

Anyhow looking forward to new developmentsBig Grin

Hi Smobbo,

I've slighty increased the font size on all areas of the skin. Hopefully it will improve things.

Regarding things like custom home screen links, i expect i'll sort that after the initial release in a future version.

Cheers

- meridius - 2011-02-16

Hi there great skin, can we see any YouTube videos of some of the updates ? Would love to see how your getting on.

Cheers

- Smobbo - 2011-02-16

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hi Smobbo,

I've slighty increased the font size on all areas of the skin. Hopefully it will improve things.

Regarding things like custom home screen links, i expect i'll sort that after the initial release in a future version.

Cheers

That is great news on both accounts Big Grin!
Thanks for the quick response, looking forward to a first releaseWink

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-02-17

Welo 2.0 is as much waited as Avatar 2, Ghostbusters3 or Jurassic Park 4!
(not Indiana Jones 5 though, Harrisson is a bit too old now)

- bblauritzen - 2011-02-17

meridius Wrote:Hi there great skin, can we see any YouTube videos of some of the updates ? Would love to see how your getting on.

Cheers

Hitcher's tube channel has some great videos of the skin..

http://www.youtube.com/user/HitcherUK

- meridius - 2011-02-17

Yep seen them I even have this skin on my system. Just wanted to see how your improvements where comming along with the skin.

Cheers

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-02-20

I have a graphical bug: at the left of the rating stars, I have alveay "hd 1080p", even on SD movies

- Hitcher - 2011-02-20

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I have a graphical bug: at the left of the rating stars, I have alveay "hd 1080p", even on SD movies

The skin hasn't even been released yet - what you're using is a very early build and parts of it are just placeholders.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-02-20

yep, ignore that in the handover build. it's been sort in the new build.

i've been really busy these last two weeks with work and installing a new kitchen at my house, so haven't done much to Welo. I'll be back on the case next week.

cheers