Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [WIP] Welo - a new skin for XBMC in the making (/showthread.php?tid=85142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- meridius - 2010-11-29

Hi all.

Happy that this skin has not died, Just tried the beta version and its great.

Theres one thing that i wanted suggest that Alaska skin has but that this is missing, I think hitcher made a space for it. At the bottem of the screen next to the 1080p or 720p logo there is no bluray,x264,web-dl,divx and DVD logos to tell you what type of files is on your drive i hope you add these to the skin when making the final version.

cheers keep up the good work the best skin i have ever seen on any system

- 1slimm31 - 2010-11-30

Wimpy ill get you the files i changed as soon as i upload them.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-02

Quick update...

It's been a busy time for me lately however i'm coding like crazy now. Having said that, don't get your hopes up for a release this side of Christmas! Big Grin

meridius Wrote:Theres one thing that i wanted suggest that Alaska skin has but that this is missing, I think hitcher made a space for it. At the bottem of the screen next to the 1080p or 720p logo there is no bluray,x264,web-dl,divx and DVD logos to tell you what type of files is on your drive i hope you add these to the skin when making the final version.

Don't worry, media flags will be included. Wink

buzz_kill Wrote:i hope this skin picks up some steam...

We're working at it dude! Nod

- wimpy - 2010-12-02

1slimm31 Wrote:Wimpy ill get you the files i changed as soon as i upload them.

Excellent mate Smile

- testmetest - 2010-12-03

Was the link to the alpha removed? I can't find it. Sad

- Hitcher - 2010-12-04

http://www.mediafire.com/?4y4956rz6k7gvjy

- MindTooth - 2010-12-04

Downloading..

Thank you, Hitcher Wink

Latest Added Movies not working...FIXED/WORKAROUND - qanato - 2010-12-04

blacklist Wrote:I have the same issue - I wasn't sure if it was a missing script issue or the fact that I'm using MySQL as well. Since its hitting both us us I'm going to assume its a different database issue. In which case someone may need to look at the script that's creating those views.

Thanks for the guys who replied to me for the problem with the home screen recently added items...

After looking at the logfile from xbmc i found out that there was a problem with the sql-statement. As it appeared the sql statemenu used "isnull" and my mysql database expected "is null".

After looking at different addons and searching on the web, i finally got it working by providing new/changed versions for the following scripts:

* script.recentlyadded
* script.randomitems

By changing isnull to is null. In the script files *.py.

And giving them a higher version number. And telling the welo-skin to use these newly created versions. In addons/skin.welo/addon.xml

I've tested this on 3 pc's and all of them are showing these items now.

If I can help you, or provide you with new versions feel free to contact me.

- liquidskin76 - 2010-12-04

qanato Wrote:As it appeared the sql statemenu used "isnull" and my mysql database expected "is null".

Hey qanato,

Maybe you should open a ticket on the trac for the devs to look at. They have branched the recently added script (from Nuka's original... the story as to why is out there on the forum somewhere) and are developing their own version from now on. I'm sure they can code it so it supports both. Would be a big help for MySQL users.

Cheers

- qanato - 2010-12-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey qanato,

Maybe you should open a ticket on the trac for the devs to look at. They have branched the recently added script (from Nuka's original... the story as to why is out there on the forum somewhere) and are developing their own version from now on. I'm sure they can code it so it supports both. Would be a big help for MySQL users.

Cheers

Hey liquidskin76,

I wanted to file a bug on trac, but found out there already is a ticket from 3 days back (so no need to place more wood on the fire for now Wink ) of it see URL below.

And it is a small fix/feature enhancement. So maybe it will be fixed quite soon.

Greetz Qanato

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10813

- Hitcher - 2010-12-04

qanato Wrote:Thanks for the guys who replied to me for the problem with the home screen recently added items...

After looking at the logfile from xbmc i found out that there was a problem with the sql-statement. As it appeared the sql statemenu used "isnull" and my mysql database expected "is null".

After looking at different addons and searching on the web, i finally got it working by providing new/changed versions for the following scripts:

* script.recentlyadded
* script.randomitems

By changing isnull to is null. In the script files *.py.

And giving them a higher version number. And telling the welo-skin to use these newly created versions. In addons/skin.welo/addon.xml

I've tested this on 3 pc's and all of them are showing these items now.

If I can help you, or provide you with new versions feel free to contact me.
Does this affect sql databases?

If others can confirm it fixes the problem I'll get the RandomItems script updated.

- blacklist - 2010-12-04

Hitcher Wrote:Does this affect sql databases?

If others can confirm it fixes the problem I'll get the RandonItems script updated.

I can confirm both Hitcher - I edited both scripts (RandomItems and Recently Added) to "is null" and they work like a champ now. I'm not sure how this affects sqlite, however since it seems to be expecting "isnull".

- pieh - 2010-12-04

Hitcher Wrote:Does this affect sql databases?

If others can confirm it fixes the problem I'll get the RandomItems script updated.
I confrim also - we talked about it here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=86501&page=4 last 2 posts