Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- Rooster242 - 2011-03-03

Rooster242 Wrote:So I desperatly need this but when I replace the xbmc.bin file on my live installation and then reboot xbmc wont start, just a blank screen. I replaced the file in /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin and rebooted the htpc (ASRock ION3D). Am I installing this correctly?

Tried your version too darkscout but it's still not working. Any suggestions?

- gerrardasnails - 2011-03-06

schnitzelbrain Wrote:Great Mod, works like charm

Hi, would you please give me an idiot's guide in how to install this patch? I have my pc hooked up to my AV receiver via hdmi for picture and surround sound. I also have my external DAC connected to the pc via optical. I want to be able to switch from video to music without having to change audio settings hdmi/spdif. If I can do this it would be amazing.

I have no idea how to apply patches. Do I need to download any software to do so? I've looked for .bin files in the XBMC folder in my program files but cannot see any. I am stuck!

Many thanks.

- Dixon Butz - 2011-03-07

gerrardasnails Wrote:Hi, would you please give me an idiot's guide in how to install this patch? I have my pc hooked up to my AV receiver via hdmi for picture and surround sound. I also have my external DAC connected to the pc via optical. I want to be able to switch from video to music without having to change audio settings hdmi/spdif. If I can do this it would be amazing.

I have no idea how to apply patches. Do I need to download any software to do so? I've looked for .bin files in the XBMC folder in my program files but cannot see any. I am stuck!

Many thanks.

Just download this if your on windows (from page one of this thread)

http://cid-5491c0195ae1583b.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/XBMC/XBMC-10.0-dx-DualAudio.rar

Open with Winrar and put the .exe in the XBMC folder. Then open XBMC and go to the audio settings under system.

- Loto_Bak - 2011-03-07

I have a alternative for linux by simply configuring alsa.
It is designed around an ION1 board. You may need to change the device names for it to work on your hardware.

use:
  • cloned_output if you want simultaneous hdmi, spdif and analog output
  • hdmiout if you want dmix for crossfading support.

caveats :
  • no dmixer (which means crossfading will cause 'unable to initialize audio hardware' errors
  • cant get 7.1 analog output working on my hardware. possibly i have something missconfigured

pros :
  • gets multidevice output working without recompiling
  • should work with new audioengine with no modifications

Code:
#----
# .asoundrc file designed to expand 2 channels through device 'clone_output'
# to output 2 channels to multiple devices
#
# caveats : no mixed output (no crossfading, no multiple applications) also
# sync will drift between the devices (rarely do i see mine drift though)
#
# designed around a nvidia ION1 zotac board. You may need to change
# device names.
# Use aplay -l to find device numbers
#
# questions contact Loto_Bak on forums.xbmc.org
#----

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmixed_hdmi"
    }
#-----
# Single channel dmixed. Crossfade works
#-----
pcm.hdmiout {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmixed_hdmi"
}

pcm.dmixed_hdmi {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 2024
    slave {
        pcm "hw:0,3" # hdmi
        }
}
#-----
# multiple output portion begin (3 devices) dmix not supported.
#-----

pcm.clone_output {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "6channel_expander"
        }

pcm.multi_pcm_device {
        type multi;
        slaves.a.pcm "hw:0,3"; # hdmi
        slaves.a.channels 2;
        slaves.b.pcm "hw:0,0"; # analog
        slaves.b.channels 2;
    slaves.c.pcm "hw:0,1"; # spdif
    slaves.c.channels 2;
        bindings.0.slave a;
        bindings.0.channel 0;
        bindings.1.slave a;
        bindings.1.channel 1;
        bindings.2.slave b;
        bindings.2.channel 0;
        bindings.3.slave b;
        bindings.3.channel 1;
        bindings.4.slave c;
        bindings.4.channel 0;
    bindings.5.slave c;
        bindings.5.channel 1;
}
ctl.multi_pcm_device {
        type hw;
        card 0;
}
pcm.6channel_expander {
        type route;
        slave.pcm "multi_pcm_device";
        slave.channels 6;
        ttable.0.0 1;
        ttable.1.1 1;
        ttable.0.2 1;
        ttable.1.3 1;
        ttable.0.4 1;
        ttable.1.5 1;
}
ctl.6channel_expander {
        type hw;
        card 0;
}

- darkscout - 2011-03-07

Loto: which one of those does pass through?

I had that setup for a while, but it's limited to 2.0 because you simply can't do uncompressed PCM over SPDIF for more than a limited number of channels.

- Loto_Bak - 2011-03-07

Your absolutely right, 2ch only.
Set passthrough as hdmi or spdif. Alsa cannot clone it though.

I have not experimented with xbmc, multichannel tracks and trying to get 7.1 PCM output from it.
Perhaps if I disable AC3/DTS passthrough I can get 7.1 PCM output instead.
Then we could at least do 7.1 LPCM over hdmi while doing 2ch downmix over analog/spdif. TVs might crap out on 7.1 PCM though. Hopefully they downmix it
Perhaps I will experiment with this tonight

- darkscout - 2011-03-07

Quote:Alsa cannot clone it though.

And now you know why I love this patch.

- sjw1 - 2011-03-10

If I was to update xbmc to a newer version I assume that would update the xbmc.exe file? Could I then overwrite it again - or would this patch need re-compiling?
Awesome patch!!! THANKS!! Big Grin

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-11

@xhbl

first let me say thx for the new nightly v7 patch. I love the nightly rls the database is so much faster.

But in your windows exe for the master must be an error. With version 10.0 all is fine for me, but with the new exe i become only stereo sound on spdif and hdmi simultaneously. Here my settings under 10.0:

Optic/Coax
downmix yes
AC3 no
DTS no
Audio DEvice: DirectSound Nvidia HDMI Out

Optic/Coax
downmix yes
AC3 yes
DTS yes
Audio Device WASAPI S/PDIF

With this settings all is fine under the 10.0 i hear 2.0 sound over the hdmi to my tv and AC3 and DTS over spdif to my av-reiceiver.

The same settings under the master and i hear only stero to the s/pdif device no ac3 and dts.

Could you pls check this ? And pls pls pls release the exe for the master from 7.3. The database is so much better then in 10.0 and 10.1

Thx

Greets
Eisi

- rudeboyx - 2011-03-11

Is there a Dharma 10.01 compatible version of this yet, or is it safe to use the (Mar. 7, 2011) build?

- Eisi2005 - 2011-03-11

@rudeboyx

the build from 7.3 is not compatible with 10.1

Greets
Eisi

- rudeboyx - 2011-03-11

OK. Thanks for the info. I'll await an updated version.

RBX

- medyaye - 2011-03-12

Thx for this very useful patch. I use it to switch between my hifi devices abd my hc devices.

I've just upgraded my computer and i need to re install windows 7 and xbmc but i can't find dahrma 10.0 ! Any chace for a link here ?

- sjw1 - 2011-03-16

OK, so if I update to 10.1 I lose this essential functionality.
Will you be updating the patch xhbl for 10.1 or 11 even? Or do we know if it will be included in 11 by default?

- Dixon Butz - 2011-03-17

I upgraded to 10.1 and then used the 10.0 dual audio patch. Have not had any problems. I may be back to 10.0 by doing this. Who cares as long as it works.