Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- muggi - 2011-07-12

Thnks a Lot....

Is there a Chance to Keep this Patch Alive for Eden? i read, in the Audio Engine thread, gnif says that He didnt add this Patch to AE...

- darkscout - 2011-07-12

muggi Wrote:Thnks a Lot....

Is there a Chance to Keep this Patch Alive for Eden? i read, in the Audio Engine thread, gnif says that He didnt add this Patch to AE...

Hopefully xhbl comes back and rescues us. I was poking through the AE code... It's been a while since my C/C++ days but it doesn't look like it should be too difficult.

- muggi - 2011-07-12

darkscout Wrote:Hopefully xhbl comes back and rescues us. I was poking through the AE code... It's been a while since my C/C++ days but it doesn't look like it should be too difficult.

i hope also.... darkscout..... if not... i have to learn c++ lol

love this! - thewarm - 2011-07-19

I just built a new Brazos HTPC and I use this patch. Love it!

However, I'm looking forward to trying one of the pre-eden builds that supports "dirty regions" so my CPU doesn't get hammered while sitting on a static page (Home screen, for example).

Will you be adding this to a "nightly" please?

- Martijn - 2011-07-20

It is a shame this isn't going to be a standard part (or plugin) of XBMC.
I think a lot of people would appriciate it. For now the only choice is building it yourself Sad

- sraue - 2011-07-20

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:It is a shame this isn't going to be a standard part (or plugin) of XBMC.
I think a lot of people would appriciate it. For now the only choice is building it yourself Sad

maybe because there are reasons for this? dont know much about this patch, but the prio for eden is integrating the audio engine branch, and i am sure this patch will not work with this and must be completly redesigned?

- darkscout - 2011-07-20

sraue Wrote:maybe because there are reasons for this? dont know much about this patch, but the prio for eden is integrating the audio engine branch, and i am sure this patch will not work with this and must be completly redesigned?

You are correct. Which is why we're hoping the guy that originally did it will come back.

I've just been busy as all hell with work and building a deck/privacy fence to update the port.

- Martijn - 2011-07-21

To bad i'm not advanced programmer. Hopefully he'll pick up where he left or maybe someone else can tackle this problem.

OpenELEC - thewarm - 2011-07-24

Any Linux heads out there willing to let me beta test a Linux build?

I've been experimenting with OpenELEC on a flash drive... very cool... very fast! But I use my HTPC to feed 2 rooms. This patch is perfect for me. But I want to use my Windows 7 license for my upstairs workstation... not waste it on my HTPC.

I am eagerly awaiting OpenELEC RC6, which will have SAB/SickBeard/CouchPotato built in. I'm getting too old to learn Linux (again... senior moments are happening more often).

Thanks again to the OP for this great patch!

- teeedubb - 2011-07-25

A few pages back I posted a link to a pre compiled xbmc10.1 x32 xbmc.bin with the patch applied, though I don't know if it will work with openelec.

- Cadish - 2011-07-29

I solved the issue by installing VAC (Virtual Audio Cable) and initiating 2 repeaters...

- chillje - 2011-08-09

Hi, my htpc is compiling the xbmc.bin right now and i ask you I can upload the .bin here.

Is it ok for you?

thx

*edit
You can use (in ubuntu) paprefs to simultaneously give out sound on all devices Smile
Its only a
apt-get install paprefs
paprefs
and set the option in the last tab.

greetings Smile

- muggi - 2011-08-11

chillje Wrote:Hi, my htpc is compiling the xbmc.bin right now and i ask you I can upload the .bin here.

Is it ok for you?

thx

*edit
You can use (in ubuntu) paprefs to simultaneously give out sound on all devices Smile
Its only a
apt-get install paprefs
paprefs
and set the option in the last tab.

greetings Smile

hi,

please upload your xbmc.bin.

paprefs is for pulse audio. is pulse audio default on xbmc live?

- Ramshackles - 2011-08-23

I could really use this feature for Eden, being on Windows 7. Fingers crossed for it coming back

- saturn - 2011-08-26

I'm also using this dual audio output for XBMC but now with a nightly build it's not working. I must use a nightly build coz that's the only way for me I can enable dxva2 (sandy bridge).

I would really like best of both worlds, dual audio and dxva2 for sandy bridge :-D