Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

- parrydave - 2011-11-01

Yeah, I see that. i guess I have in mind the complexity of getting dual outputs work with AE.

- xayide - 2011-11-01

Why not put this readymade feature in the official build?

- darkscout - 2011-11-02

Read through the entire thread. Devs don't want it.

Then the plan was for AE to be in Eden. If you read the AE thread the Dev working on it flat out thinks that it's a stupid idea (and is a pretty big dick about it IMHO). Which is why I had no issues in celebrating the fact that AE won't make it into Eden and I can keep dual audio for now.

- mrdally204 - 2011-11-02

he really is missing the whole point of the dual audio out. He sees it as working at the same time, needing to be in sync. this is not the case for probably 99% of the use cases which puts his arguments out of contention. It is his work so he does have final say as to what get put in, but its a big/handy feature he decided to leave out.

- parrydave - 2011-11-02

That's where my "output switching" comment came from. Could it not be patched independent of AE as it just switches the active audio device? Absolutely nothing to do with the AE processing and wouldn't need the dev's support!

- methcat - 2011-11-02

i don't care for switching, i need dual out. i'm guessing most use this for a zone 2 on their reciever as most don't take a digital input... i'd think this is actually very common. what am i missing?

- darkscout - 2011-11-02

mrdally204 Wrote:he really is missing the whole point of the dual audio out. He sees it as working at the same time, needing to be in sync. this is not the case for probably 99% of the use cases which puts his arguments out of contention. It is his work so he does have final say as to what get put in, but its a big/handy feature he decided to leave out.

Plus when it gets out of sync it's kind of fun. Watching a sports game or anything with it just slightly out of sync gives you the feeling of being in a stadium.

Other than that I agree 100%. I either mute my TV or mute my receiver. No having to press any additional buttons. I still have to do it anyway because if I don't have something playing I still turn it down so I don't hear static.

I'm not (by any means) defending him but that's his argument and he's sticking with it.

- xhbl - 2011-11-05

Hi, guys, since AE might not be applied in EDEN, I'd probably update the source to the final eden release to make this dual-audio available when I have time to do so.

- nessus - 2011-11-05

+100 Nod

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-11-05

Indeed, a dual-output version would be highly-appreciated.

- Madrus - 2011-11-05

I agree. It would be most welcome. I love to watch films with hifi sound via the USB-audio but our son does not care about hifi and he would prefer to do it the easy way: via the hdmi output directly to TV.

- schumi2004 - 2011-11-05

Would be great to have this.

I'll hope it can be added in OpenElec as well.

- methcat - 2011-11-07

schumi2004 Wrote:Would be great to have this.

this would be awesome. i don't know much about OE yet, if there were a version out for the equivalent windows version, would it be easy to apply to EO?

xhbl Wrote:Hi, guys, since AE might not be applied in EDEN, I'd probably update the source to the final eden release to make this dual-audio available when I have time to do so.

you are awesome sir.

- darkscout - 2011-11-07

Please do so. I can read and copy code but I'm no where as talented as you with coming up with this.

- Leopold - 2011-11-08

schumi2004 Wrote:Would be great to have this.

I'm sure it will never be "officially" added to OpenELEC, but I have made my own build with this patch applied. I'm going to test it out tonight and report back...

It would be great if the patch could be updated to work with Eden final Big Grin, then I could use it for an OE 2.0 build. Post Eden when AE is applied I guess it would need a lot more work.

Probably like many people here I want HDMI audio out for my AV amp zone 1 and analog output for the zone 2, because digital sources don't work on zone 2. I don't care about the outputs being in sync, I just don't want to have to change XBMC settings to use zone 2.