Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - imsohappy - 2012-04-17

Fking ACE "xhbl"
Nod

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Bawk - 2012-04-17

Thank you to the developer. I've been trying to do this for weeks via windows with no luck. Found this thread and had it working within minutes! I agree this should be added to XBMC permanently. Great Job!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-04-17

Ubuntu 11.10 binary for the dual audio patch (Eden) can be found at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4002644/xbmc.bin
I've only partly tested this - it runs & you can configure dual audio but I haven't been able to confirm that it actually outputs the dual audio because of problems with my setup. Rather than waiting until I find time to sort out my setup I thought I'd let others download it any try it out too.
Note that this is built with the default prefix of /usr/local.

To use this version, stop xbmc, download the file. Navigate to /usr/local/lib and rename the current xbmc.bin to xbmc.bin.default and then copy the downloaded file to /usr/local/lib.

If anyone can verify that this is a working bin then hopefully xhbl will upload this himself and place a link in the first post on the thread.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - DeViLRuNNeR - 2012-04-17

Thx for your binary file PaulCarter.

Can I use this file to replace my xbmc.bin file on a clean install of XBMCbuntu eden final?
My file seems to be located in /usr/lib/xbmc?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-04-18

No, unfortunately that won't work - to be honest I wasn't sure what the default XBMCuntu install prefix location (as I don't use it) - it appears to be /usr rather than /usr/local (which is the default when compiling). I'll do another build and upload that instead, hopefully tomorrow or Friday time permitting.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - DeViLRuNNeR - 2012-04-18

Thx PaulCarter; I will await your binary recompiled with the prefix for XBMCuntu.
I will try that bin and report back my findings.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Chrissssssss - 2012-04-19

I tried compiling this on XBMCbuntu but it's giving errors. I can get the unpatched version to work correctly.

If that xbmc.bin won't work by replacing the default xbmc.bin due to the prefix can I compile standard xbmc with the prefix usr/local then replace the .bin with the one you compiled?

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Chrissssssss - 2012-04-19

Well I think that is what I ended up doing. And guess what? It's working. Yay Big Grin It's an awesome mod, good work.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-04-19

Looks like you beat me to it - but I've now re-compiled with a /usr prefix. I would have got this up last night, but the first time around I forgot to disable debug info so the file was huge.
Anyway, the binary file can be found here.
Note that this file is currently called xbmc.usr.bin - it needs to be renamed to xbmc.bin and copied to your /usr/lib/xbmc directory to replace the xbmc.bin that's currently there. I renamed the default one to be xbmc.bin.eden so that I can revert easily if necessary.

Restart xbmc and you should have dual audio support.

Good luck.

Paul

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Snippo - 2012-04-19

Hmm, I tried recompiling xbmc with this patch from xvba build (https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/commits/master). What I did was cloning the git, replacing the files in the 'xbmc' folder with the source files from the start post and then compile it. After the 'make' command it gives me a lot of errors though and finally quits with "make: *** [xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/DVDPlayer.a] Error 2".
Is there anything I'm doing wrong (replacing the files maybe?) or could it be that this patch isn't compatible with the xvba build?
Compiling xbmc without the patch works fine.

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - DeViLRuNNeR - 2012-04-19

I can report back that XBMCbuntu Eden Final boots up fine with PaulCarter's bin.
I did some initial tests and I am getting simultaneous output on both HDMI and Optical/SPDIF outputs with different configs.

Damm my old Samsung led tv for not supporting multiformat sound.
Thx to PaulCarter I can use both my surround receiver(optical/spdif) and stereo speakers(hdmi) from samsung tv.

I will report my findings after some further testing.

That's the same error I was getting when trying to compile with the patch. Working great witht he replace xbmc.bin though.

The best thing about it is not having to worry about any of the settings when my wife tries to watch her stuff on the TV. She can just switch it on and it works. No shouting for me to ask what's wrong anymore Big Grin

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - dwarfer - 2012-04-20

I to can report back that XBMCbuntu Eden Final boots up fine with PaulCarter's bin.

But I have an issue and im hoping its something obvious someone can help with?

My main audio output to my Surround receiver via coax is working fine for 5.1 surround sound. Menu sounds work fine and passthrough works fine also
My second audio output is setup as analog 2 channel to a multizone amp. I can hear xbmc menu sounds fine through the stereo output but I get no sound from films.
When watching a film if I go into the Audio settings it says audio output is via Coax and if I change this to Analog I then get the stereo (downmix) sound via the analog output to the multizone amp working but then loose the sound via the coax to the surround sound amp.
Seems I can have one or the other but not both at the same time.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Here is my xbmc audio settings

<audiooutput>
<ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
<audiodevice>custom</audiodevice>
<channellayout>7</channellayout>
<customdevice>plughw:0,1</customdevice>
<custompassthrough>plughw:0,1</custompassthrough>
<dontnormalizelevels>true</dontnormalizelevels>
<dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
<mode>1</mode>
<passthroughaac>false</passthroughaac>
<passthroughdevice>custom</passthroughdevice>
<passthroughmp1>false</passthroughmp1>
<passthroughmp2>false</passthroughmp2>
<passthroughmp3>false</passthroughmp3>
</audiooutput>
<audiooutput2>
<ac3passthrough>false</ac3passthrough>
<audiodevice>pulse:alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo@default</audiodevice>
<channellayout>0</channellayout>
<customdevice>plughw:0,0</customdevice>
<custompassthrough>plughw:0,0</custompassthrough>
<dontnormalizelevels>true</dontnormalizelevels>
<dtspassthrough>false</dtspassthrough>
<mode>0</mode>
<passthroughaac>false</passthroughaac>
<passthroughdevice>alsa:iec958</passthroughdevice>
<passthroughmp1>false</passthroughmp1>
<passthroughmp2>false</passthroughmp2>
<passthroughmp3>false</passthroughmp3>
</audiooutput2>

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - PaulCarter - 2012-04-20

I've cloned the xvba fork that Snippo refers to. Unfortunately the patch that generates the dual audio settings won't apply directly to this fork so would need some work but it might not be that hard to achieve. I don't have time just at the moment but may get chance over the weekend, although my priority is going to be sorting out my dual-audio config!

RE: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Chrissssssss - 2012-04-20

I don't know if this will help, Dwarfer, but might be worth a try.

When I first set up my sound configs I had coax as the default and HDMI (with no AC3/DTS) as the secondary. Everyting worked fine except Dolby Digital audio would only come out of the amp, not the TV. DTS worked though. Swapped audio1 and audio2 and all working now.