Kodi Community Forum
[PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: [PATCH] Dual Audio Output support for XBMC (Eden Updated) (/showthread.php?tid=86038)

- Rooster242 - 2011-02-22

So I desperatly need this but when I replace the xbmc.bin file on my live installation and then reboot xbmc wont start, just a blank screen. I replaced the file in /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin and rebooted the htpc (ASRock ION3D). Am I installing this correctly?

- AzzX - 2011-02-22

Disappointing this capability is not being considered as viable for the audio engine branch. With this patch I am finally able to output audio via HDMI 5.1 to my receiver and analogue to my system outside - all with the one lowly Athlon 4400xp HTPC with no lag or stutter.

The options screen is not messy at all, in fact it is pretty straight forward.

Looks like I will be sticking to this version for a long time to come.

- darkscout - 2011-02-22

Rooster242 Wrote:So I desperatly need this but when I replace the xbmc.bin file on my live installation and then reboot xbmc wont start, just a blank screen. I replaced the file in /usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin and rebooted the htpc (ASRock ION3D). Am I installing this correctly?

My version or his? You're not the only person that has reported it. Not really sure why my version is giving people problems, I've just done a standard compile on Ubuntu.

- Rooster242 - 2011-02-22

darkscout Wrote:My version or his? You're not the only person that has reported it. Not really sure why my version is giving people problems, I've just done a standard compile on Ubuntu.

I tried the Linux bins in the original post by xhbl. Your version?

- godfreydanials - 2011-02-23

I could not get either of the OP's xbmc.bin files to work. When I reboot with the new file, I just see a black screen with a momentary flicker of light every 7 or 8 seconds. I tried darkscouts build with the same results.

Unfortunatly, my fix was to buy a new Denon 7.1 reciever with HDMI inputs and branch the audio from there. That was 500 dollars I would have rather spent on computer hardware!

This is a great feature. It is a damn shame the xbmc development team has ignored their users and chose to bury their heads in the sandNo.

- TugboatBill - 2011-02-23

godfreydanials Wrote:This is a great feature. It is a damn shame the xbmc development team has ignored their users and chose to bury their heads in the sandNo.

They've made it very clear as to why they won't implement it. It is a volunteer project. Why not volunteer your time and code this and submit it?

- Rooster242 - 2011-02-23

godfreydanials Wrote:I could not get either of the OP's xbmc.bin files to work. When I reboot with the new file, I just see a black screen with a momentary flicker of light every 7 or 8 seconds. I tried darkscouts build with the same results.

That's exactly what I'm seeing.

- darkscout - 2011-02-24

TugboatBill Wrote:They've made it very clear as to why they won't implement it. It is a volunteer project. Why not volunteer your time and code this and submit it?

Um. You might be able to pull that shit on every other feature request, but not this one.

Someone DID volunteer their time. Someone DID code this. Someone DID submit it. Are you even reading along? The title of the thread is [PATCH].

I'm guessing that I'm going to have to release the entire tar from install. It must be a libraries thing.

This week/weekend I'm swamped with homework, but I'll try and get a .deb or .tgz out sometime.

- london_dog - 2011-02-24

this is just what I was looking for.

thanks a lot

- TugboatBill - 2011-02-24

darkscout Wrote:Um. You might be able to pull that shit on every other feature request, but not this one.

Someone DID volunteer their time. Someone DID code this. Someone DID submit it. Are you even reading along? The title of the thread is [PATCH].

I'm guessing that I'm going to have to release the entire tar from install. It must be a libraries thing.

This week/weekend I'm swamped with homework, but I'll try and get a .deb or .tgz out sometime.

You do realize that this patch is not compatible with AE and that the development team has committed to AE? Perhaps you should contact the AE developer(s) and see if/how you could adapt this so it is compatible with the audioengine. As I'm sure you're aware, Gnif has stated quite clearly that dual output won't work and even why: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=716662&postcount=187

Regardless, people shouldn't be posting here taking jabs at the developers. The developers spend a lot of their time enhancing XBMC and they do it for free. Based on how good XBMC is they deserve respect, not criticism.

- darkscout - 2011-02-24

That "scenario" is happening right now. Sometimes if I have them both outputting and I have some CPU load they'll get out of sync. Now if I mute one my brain can't tell the difference. Sure, technically there's lag, but it's a princess and the pea scenario.

- DjBeNI - 2011-02-25

How to install this on Ubuntu??

- darkscout - 2011-02-25

Best way would be to compile from scratch. I seem to have issues distributing just the bin.

- schnitzelbrain - 2011-02-26

Great Mod, works like charm

- Death-Axe - 2011-02-28

This should be added into the app officially. Really great patch dude, thank you for making this.