Kodi Community Forum
Project Nebula - Early mockup ideas (Looking for input) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Project Nebula - Early mockup ideas (Looking for input) (/showthread.php?tid=86353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Project Nebula - Early mockup ideas (Looking for input) - starcitysecrets - 2010-11-29

So this is a concept design that I've been working on for the past couple of weeks. The idea is to create a uncluttered but still vibrant theme that is catching to the eyes and easy to navigate.

I'll start learning how to code XML soon and in the mean time I'll be posting concept designs that I've rendered for your opinions and I appreciate all the support and advice I get from the community.

Please don't hesitate to comment or constructively criticize any of my work, this is a long process and I want to make a skin that is highly likeable within the community.

Here are some concept designs that I have produced already:

Home Screen GIF (wait for it to load)

adapted Phyek wall view

Video OSD, Buttons/Info/Pause Screen

More Screens

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you guys Smile Big Grin

- XBMCG33K - 2010-11-29

Not bad so far man, not sure the purpose of the 'search'?

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-29

well most skins have the 'filter' function within their customize options. thought this was a better way of making it more accessible although I'm not sure it's possible

- jmarshall - 2010-11-29

It's possible.

- moexius - 2010-11-29

I love the mockup. I like the clean edgeless theme. You have removed all unnecessary elements. This is going to be a success.

- wimpy - 2010-11-29

Looks beautiful, I'd make the <search> box optional to display tho Smile

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-29

moexius Wrote:I love the mockup. I like the clean edgeless theme. You have removed all unnecessary elements. This is going to be a success.

Thanks, I appreciate it. My main complaint about most skins is that it's hard for a newbie to sit down with xbmc and really understand how to use it, so i think with this skin, it's important for someone to be able to easily see what's in front of them. What I like about more modern skins like Alaska and reFocus is the fanart taking a backseat, making movie/tvshow/music info easier to read and comprehend, something I'm trying to integrate with this.

wimpy Wrote:Looks beautiful, I'd make the <search> box optional to display tho Smile

Sure, I agree. I think it's mainly there to make it more accessible to family members/friends who are using it for a first time but I can see how it is unnecessary for seasoned xbmc users. Thanks for the input.

- sweat - 2010-11-29

great work, clean and simple.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-11-30

another view I had in mind. this is based off a edge to edge wall view that Phyek never got round to making but which I really liked, so I've adapted it here.

the white info tab would be much like in Aeon where the info can be turned on, off or auto

- jeffrey1790 - 2010-11-30

wow. nice

- SynstrShn - 2010-11-30

Hey good work man! I'm the same I really want to do a skin but just don't have the knowledge of XML.... Really good work though! Looks great. My only complaint would be it looks a little like WMC but I think it's just because of the blue and because I still use WMC wnd am tired of the colour but the views look great nice and clean!.... Btw I love the search! Please keep this! This is the one feature im missing!

- WingmanNZ - 2010-12-01

I am really loving that shade of blue... Keep up the good work!

- bridgman - 2010-12-02

I think the search function being so accessible would be cool.Maybe i would remember to use it then. Looks great .

- starcitysecrets - 2010-12-03

just a quick animated gif to show the task pane and the context menu, edited the wall view up a bit.

gonna get onto making the homescreen and other view screens soon. hope you like Smile

- ralob - 2010-12-03

I like the clean layout and bright colors. You have a promising set of mockups here. Smile