Kodi Community Forum
[WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [WIP] The Paper Street Soap Company (mockups and development of a new skin concept) (/showthread.php?tid=86501)

- Scalamoosh - 2011-01-27

Good afternoon, Just wanted to let you know that I'm loving the screen-shots for this skin. cant wait for it to be released. is there any sort of approx ETA on this skin? (without reading through 48 pages of forum lol)

- ppic - 2011-01-27

Scalamoosh Wrote:(without reading through 48 pages of forum lol)

you should, cause no one will answer you.

- JustinAiken - 2011-01-27

Scalamoosh Wrote:is there any sort of approx ETA on this skin? (without reading through 48 pages of forum lol)

The skin will take longer to be released than reading through these 48 pages will Wink

- blacklist - 2011-01-27

ppic Wrote:you should, cause no one will answer you.

Hey, at least he didn't ask to be a beta tester. Big Grin and the answer is.. approximately 1 year. You may ask again in 2012. (Hope that gives us enough time!) Tongue

- mrreload - 2011-01-28

Great looking mockups, can hardly wait. Kinda feel like my current XBMC setup is the poor cousin.

- shaktoo - 2011-01-28

WoW ! simply amazing ! totally New Look.. ,Best of Luck Blacklist.. will be eagerly waiting

- Oddsodz - 2011-01-28

Well, I Have a request now. ;-)

Can we have "Audiobook" support please :-)

As seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7GCo9ZqQ4

It's just some extra views in "Smart Playlist".

Thanks.

- blacklist - 2011-01-28

Oddsodz Wrote:Well, I Have a request now. ;-)

Can we have "Audiobook" support please :-)

As seen here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-7GCo9ZqQ4

It's just some extra views in "Smart Playlist".

Thanks.

I like the idea (I have a bunch myself). I can't look at youtube from work - is it just a SmartPlaylist defined by genre as audiobook? If so then you can easily add that as a custom menu item.

Is there also a custom view associated with it? I like the idea and will certainly consider it. Definatly an interesting idea.

I'm guessing you're also going to need a custom thumb if you want to make it look like a book - album art isn't going to do good enough job, but that shouldn't be to hard.

- Oddsodz - 2011-01-28

blacklist Wrote:I like the idea (I have a bunch myself). I can't look at youtube from work - is it just a SmartPlaylist defined by genre as audiobook? If so then you can easily add that as a custom menu item.

Is there also a custom view associated with it? I like the idea and will certainly consider it. Definatly an interesting idea.

I'm guessing you're also going to need a custom thumb if you want to make it look like a book - album art isn't going to do good enough job, but that shouldn't be to hard.

Yes you have guessed most of it right. But you don't need a custom thumb as that is already tagged into the mp3 (some audio formats may not do this). And as I have already tagged my files with tall book like images, It works great. Thanks must go to KiSUAN for coding this up. I Have no clue myself.

- blacklist - 2011-01-28

Oddsodz Wrote:Yes you have guessed most of it right. But you don't need a custom thumb as that is already tagged into the mp3 (some audio formats may not do this). And as I have already tagged my files with tall book like images, It works great. Thanks must go to KiSUAN for coding this up. I Have no clue myself.

I'd probably still leave the option for a thumbnail instead of album art. I'd personally like to have nice high-res images (I've got an idea for the custom view already) and by saving those in the mp3s (or whatnot) you're going to add significatly to the file size, which may not be as desirable when I move them to my Zune or whatever.

This has also got me thinking of possiblites for other custom SmartPlaylist views. Ronie, tell me if this is not possible before I go off the deep end Big Grin

I wonder if we could code different views based on music genre. Maybe not redo the entire view, but change certain elements based on what genre you were in.

For instance, if I go into the Punk genre I have old flyers, pins, etc. I have a genre made called "Atlanta Local" which has a bunch of freinds and local bands... it would be cool to be able to customize that view with pictures from shows, etc. Pop could have um... stuff? Tongue Rap would have a boombox and some three stripe Addias! Anyway, just some ideas. We could probably set it up to be done and allow modders to expand on the views.

- Oddsodz - 2011-01-28

blacklist Wrote:I'd probably still leave the option for a thumbnail instead of album art. I'd personally like to have nice high-res images (I've got an idea for the custom view already) and by saving those in the mp3s (or whatnot) you're going to add significatly to the file size, which may not be as desirable when I move them to my Zune or whatever.

Very true. But if you can both. Then all the better I think.

I Feel I have just added a extra days work load to your skin. Thanks for taking the idea on board. I just hope now that the DEV's see that people like "Audiobooks" and code a "start/stop/resume" on audio files in the next release of XBMC. We all live in hope Big Grin

Can't complain really. This is free software at the end of the day and I have not donated yet. But it is on my list of things to do when I have spare cash.

- Oddsodz - 2011-01-28

blacklist Wrote:I wonder if we could code different views based on music genre. Maybe not redo the entire view, but change certain elements based on what genre you were in.

For instance, if I go into the Punk genre I have old flyers, pins, etc. I have a genre made called "Atlanta Local" which has a bunch of freinds and local bands... it would be cool to be able to customize that view with pictures from shows, etc. Pop could have um... stuff? Tongue Rap would have a boombox and some three stripe Addias! Anyway, just some ideas. We could probably set it up to be done and allow modders to expand on the views.

This is where you could make use of the "ExtraFanArt" system that movies and TV shows are using.

- blacklist - 2011-01-28

Oddsodz Wrote:I Feel I have just added a extra days work load to your skin.

What's one more day? Tongue We have until 2012 Big Grin

- Oddsodz - 2011-01-28

But the world ends in 2012? I Saw it on the telly.

- blacklist - 2011-01-28

Oddsodz Wrote:This is where you could make use of the "ExtraFanArt" system that movies and TV shows are using.

Well except that I'm thinking more about the actual page design rather than just displaying a different image.

Just wait until you see what we're doing with actors. Ppic and Ronie have done some phenomonal work. With the extra fanart and thumbs that we're adding there its going to be awesome.