Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] XBMC Flicks - Netflix Movies / TV Shows (Video) experimental Addon for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=87552)

- robweber - 2011-01-19

Chimera2345 Wrote:I'm just using EventGhost (no AHK at all), got a folder that becomes exclusive when iexplore.exe activates (had problems with the iewrap crashing when going into full screen). My only problem is that the only way to exit is to send ALT-F4, which works fine but if you happen to hit the button more than once it quits XBMC as well. Hopefully the issues with IEwrap and full screen can be fixed and I can use F10 to quit Netflix rather than ALT-F4.

Great plugin BTW!

I use ALT+F4 to exit it as well. What I have is a macro that does a few things 1) use Alt+F4 to close iexplorer 2) find the xbmc window 3) bring that window to the front. Granted XBMC will probably come back on its own but it helps to be sure.

As soon as iexplorer closes I have Eventghost disable the XBMCFlicks folder so that hitting the button again doesn't do anything in XBMC. this way I can also re-map that button to an XBMC function and make everything behave more predictable (family likes it when stuff works the same). I'd be happy to share my EventGhost file if anyone wants it.

- Chimera2345 - 2011-01-19

Thanks Rob. Do you have to do Alt-F4 twice (once to get out of fullscreen mode)??

I'm missing something - Ricky Mac - 2011-01-19

How do I get my Netflix to look like this?-
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=665668&postcount=37

And, is there a simple how-to to add shortcuts from add-ons to the main startup screen?

Custom Menu / Favorites - Ricky Mac - 2011-01-19

I think this is what I'm looking for-
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=658639&postcount=204

Netflix in Firefox is playing behind xbmc - Crash - 2011-01-19

Hello,
I've installed the plugin and everything seems to be working. However, when I play a netflix movie the firefox screen and movie are playing behind the xbmc window. This is on Mac OSX. I can Cmd Tab to switch to firefox and there's my movie playing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Duane

- fekker - 2011-01-20

Crash Wrote:Hello,
I've installed the plugin and everything seems to be working. However, when I play a netflix movie the firefox screen and movie are playing behind the xbmc window. This is on Mac OSX. I can Cmd Tab to switch to firefox and there's my movie playing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Duane

in the playercorefactory.xml,try setting hide xbmc to true
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>

- Crash - 2011-01-20

fekker Wrote:in the playercorefactory.xml,try setting hide xbmc to true

I tried that. When I set that option to true, then when I play a netflix movie xbmc goes away for an instant and then comes right back again with the movie playing behind it.

Oh, and thanks for helping Smile

- robweber - 2011-01-21

Chimera2345 Wrote:Thanks Rob. Do you have to do Alt-F4 twice (once to get out of fullscreen mode)??

Forgot about that part - I do an 'Esc' keypress, then Alt-F4 to close out. When I get home from work I'll post my Eventghost setup in case there is anything useful you could pull from it.

- Chimera2345 - 2011-01-21

I changed my eventghost config last night so now when I press the exit button on the remote it sends the command "taskkill /im iexplore.exe" rather than ALT-F4. This just kills IE dead, not clean but works perfectly and obviously won't exit out of XBMC. Definitely interested to see your EG config though.

netflix playing behind xbmc - Crash - 2011-01-21

Regarding the issue with netflix playing behind xbmc, I've tried setting both
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

without luck. It does have the affect of making xbmc go away for an instant, but then it comes right back covering the netflix movie.

Is there a setting in xbmc itself somewhere that says to always stay on top?

- fekker - 2011-01-21

Crash Wrote:Regarding the issue with netflix playing behind xbmc, I've tried setting both
<hideconsole>true</hideconsole>

without luck. It does have the affect of making xbmc go away for an instant, but then it comes right back covering the netflix movie.

Is there a setting in xbmc itself somewhere that says to always stay on top?

It sounds like xbmc doesn't consider the file still playing and brings it's focus back to the front.
If i run on windows without the -k option (which is kiosk mode) xbmc says click ok when the playback is done (or soemthing along those lines).

Maybe ask in the osx fourms if anyone else has ran into using external players and xbmc keeping focus (i.e. not thinking it's playing in the external player). Please update when you find out if any others have a work around and I can update the default playercoresettings that is used.

On that note, please post your current playercoresettings and anything else that was required for playback under osx as I haven't got much feedback on how it's working there.

- robweber - 2011-01-22

Here is a screenshot of my eventghost config with the netflix parts opened. if you zoom in you should be able to see the detail. I can post the full xml too if needed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11963637/eventghost.JPG

[AppleTV1] Linking XBMC to Netflix? - pwalter - 2011-01-22

I have installed xbmc on an old ATV and enabled the xbmcflick video add-on.

It lets me get through the first few menu item (i.e. new releases etc) but as soon as it to "authenticate" me, I get an error message saying I must first link xbmc at Netflix.

I have a netflix account but I don't see anywhere as to what Netflix "activation code" I should use.

Please help

Expanding TV Episodes - Sven72 - 2011-01-22

I'm encountering a problem when attempting to expand TV Episodes. If I set the add-on to expand automatically, attempting to open my instant queue fails. With the option disabled, my queue will open, but attempting to open/play a tv series fails.

Code:
11:58:55 T:3996 M:3091615744   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.TypeError
11:58:55 T:3996 M:3091615744   ERROR: Error Contents: argument 1 must be unicode or str
11:58:55 T:3996 M:3091488768   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\default.py", line 26, in ?
                                                import resources.lib.menu as menu
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\menu.py", line 464, in ?
                                                getEpisodeListing(tvShowID,tvSeasonID,"Disc")
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 1618, in getEpisodeListing
                                                curX = getMovieDataFromFeed(curX, curQueueItem, False, netflixClient, instantOnly, strType, True)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 867, in getMovieDataFromFeed
                                                addLink(curXe.TitleShort,os.path.join(str(REAL_LINK_PATH), str(curXe.TitleShortLink + '.html')), curXe, curX.ID)
                                              File "C:\Documents and Settings\Anthony\Application Data\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.xbmcflicks\resources\lib\iqueue.py", line 187, in addLink
                                                modScripLoc = os.path.join(str(LIB_FOLDER), 'modQueue.py')
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\ntpath.py", line 62, in join
                                                for b in p:
                                            TypeError: argument 1 must be unicode or str
11:58:55 T:3712 M:3092873216   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=tvExpandshId70160012seIdFalse
11:58:55 T:3712 M:3092873216   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.xbmcflicks/?mode=tvExpandshId70160012seIdFalse) failed

btw, viewing television shows via the Top 25 New Arrivals: TV option works perfectly (this option does not expand episodes, just starts playing with ep1 and I can then choose which ep to view via the player)

- fekker - 2011-01-22

pwalter Wrote:I have installed xbmc on an old ATV and enabled the xbmcflick video add-on.

It lets me get through the first few menu item (i.e. new releases etc) but as soon as it to "authenticate" me, I get an error message saying I must first link xbmc at Netflix.

I have a netflix account but I don't see anywhere as to what Netflix "activation code" I should use.

Please help
turn on verbose user logging and enter the values that are output to the xbmc.log file into iqueue.py

Quote:Sven72
Expanding TV Episodes
I'm encountering a problem when attempting to expand TV Episodes.
Working on a fix for that, odd error as it's a string value that's even cast, i'll get it sorted out and an updated in next few minutes.