Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2011-10-19

canadave Wrote:Oh, okay, I see. Thanks for clarifying that--sorry I had my dense hat on there for a while Smile

That's ok.. Sometimes I do need to clarify a little more...

Using a development version of XBMC causes a lot of problems sometimes(ATV2 is stuck with a development version until Eden comes out.) Right now I'm trying to track down a bug in XBMC that randomly happens causing XBMC to freeze up when this script tries to play the slide show. But every time I'm prepared to capture the failure, everything works flawlessly.. grrr..

- canadave - 2011-10-19

hehe, no worries, good luck with your troubleshooting. Gotta love it when things work when you don't want them to! (speaking as an ex-tech support guy for 20 years)

Say, I just tried to give CE a shot in Transparency! freshly installed off the repo, but no joy. I don't see the CE button in the movie info. I know I'm going to regret asking this, as I'm sure the answer is somewhere obvious that I've overlooked, but....where is it? Smile

*** EDIT *** Oh, lord, never mind...you'd think a guy would LOOK in the skin options and see the big "Show Cinema Experience Button in movie menu" option checkbox.... Wink Duh! Sorry again.

- canadave - 2011-10-19

Hmmm.

I just clicked the CE button in the movie info screen, and XBMC froze (this is the second time I've tried it with this skin, same result) This is using Transparency 4.0.3, and Oct 18 nightly build.

XBMC log:
http://pastebin.com/CiNX5uhg

The log doesn't seem to say much. Any ideas here?

*** EDIT ***: I just tried Xeebo skin, and it also freezes exactly the same when I try to start a movie with CE.

- commoman81 - 2011-10-19

giftie Wrote:The change in XBMC affected the Info Dialog Cinema Button. The modification from the Home window is not affected. The orignal code was provide by Nuka for Home Theatre Experience(the original Smile ) I changed the code on the first page to reflect what is proper... It's not a difficult change.

Thanks

- t_buzz - 2011-10-20

So I'm kind of at my wits end here. I've been using XBMC for well over 2 years now. Around January of the past year (I do believe it was), I started using CE. Had no issues with it up unto losing my home internet back in April. Now that I have internet back up and running, and after much updating, I ran into issues.

CE would run everything as was the norm, until it got to the end of the Trailer Intro video. Then, frozen on the last frame. The first time it did it, I assumed it was buffering, but 45 minutes later, still nothing. Esc takes me back to my library. So, I assumed something was foggy with my setup, since Apple Trailers Lite works just fine. I completely uninstalled everything. Deleted all directories, and went with a fresh install of XBMC. Long story short, same issue.

I'm running 10.1 with Transparency 3.11.7 on a Vista 32 bit system. Trailers are set to stream from Apple Movie Trailers (newest). I have tried switching it over to the database, but all it does is skip the whole trailer portion, go into my feature presentation video, and then back to the library.

I've been working through this thread tonight for the last hour, but at 170 pages I can't see me making it all the way through.

I'm attaching the log from the moment I selected the video for CE to use to the time I closed it and shut down XBMC. I left out the stuff prior because it's all tied into a fresh install. If need be I can run it again as it will do the same I'm sure. Anything else I can provide, please let me know.

http://pastebin.com/gWFmGafq

- giftie - 2011-10-20

Looks like you are having the problem I'm trying to track down... lol.. The script never fully starts. I know this is a problem with XBMC Eden. I've been fixing the script to work properly on Dharma and the script never fails to start.. It's really annoying to get this to happen when I'm debugging XBMC.

canadave Wrote:Hmmm.

I just clicked the CE button in the movie info screen, and XBMC froze (this is the second time I've tried it with this skin, same result) This is using Transparency 4.0.3, and Oct 18 nightly build.

XBMC log:
http://pastebin.com/CiNX5uhg

The log doesn't seem to say much. Any ideas here?

*** EDIT ***: I just tried Xeebo skin, and it also freezes exactly the same when I try to start a movie with CE.

- giftie - 2011-10-20

If you read the first page you will see that streaming trailers after a video will cause XBMC to freeze. having no videos play before a streamed trailer, things will work fine.

t_buzz Wrote:So I'm kind of at my wits end here. I've been using XBMC for well over 2 years now. Around January of the past year (I do believe it was), I started using CE. Had no issues with it up unto losing my home internet back in April. Now that I have internet back up and running, and after much updating, I ran into issues.

CE would run everything as was the norm, until it got to the end of the Trailer Intro video. Then, frozen on the last frame. The first time it did it, I assumed it was buffering, but 45 minutes later, still nothing. Esc takes me back to my library. So, I assumed something was foggy with my setup, since Apple Trailers Lite works just fine. I completely uninstalled everything. Deleted all directories, and went with a fresh install of XBMC. Long story short, same issue.

I'm running 10.1 with Transparency 3.11.7 on a Vista 32 bit system. Trailers are set to stream from Apple Movie Trailers (newest). I have tried switching it over to the database, but all it does is skip the whole trailer portion, go into my feature presentation video, and then back to the library.

I've been working through this thread tonight for the last hour, but at 170 pages I can't see me making it all the way through.

I'm attaching the log from the moment I selected the video for CE to use to the time I closed it and shut down XBMC. I left out the stuff prior because it's all tied into a fresh install. If need be I can run it again as it will do the same I'm sure. Anything else I can provide, please let me know.

http://pastebin.com/gWFmGafq

- giftie - 2011-10-20

Also go into settings of the script and turn off the Pre-Eden option. I see that you have it on and this will break the script when you use it on Dharma

- canadave - 2011-10-20

giftie Wrote:Looks like you are having the problem I'm trying to track down... lol.. The script never fully starts. I know this is a problem with XBMC Eden. I've been fixing the script to work properly on Dharma and the script never fails to start.. It's really annoying to get this to happen when I'm debugging XBMC.

LOL... So, just to make sure I've got it straight--there's no version of CE at this point in time that works properly with any of the nightly builds, no matter which skin is being used...correct?

- t_buzz - 2011-10-20

Really. The first page. Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the help lol.

- giftie - 2011-10-20

canadave Wrote:LOL... So, just to make sure I've got it straight--there's no version of CE at this point in time that works properly with any of the nightly builds, no matter which skin is being used...correct?

It's a hit or miss situation.. You're using an ATV2 which does have limited resources. I'm wondering if you are hitting a memory limit when the script starts. I've run the script 10 times in a row tonight(using the Convergence Skin) and it has yet frozen. Though I am seeing the cpu at 100%(cpu-xbmc at 104.5% lol) I know this is because of the setting I have in advancedsettings.xml (<useddsfanart>) without the setting it runs about 7-10% during this same time.

I really want to find the problem, before Eden gets replaced(I'm sure it has to do with a change they made a few month back, just need to provide information to developers of XBMC)

At the bottom of this wiki page gives some help regarding hangs and crashes on ATV2. I wish I had one to test with.

- giftie - 2011-10-20

t_buzz Wrote:Really. The first page. Now I feel like an idiot. Thanks for the help lol.

Yep bottom of the fifth message...

- canadave - 2011-10-20

giftie Wrote:It's a hit or miss situation.. You're using an ATV2 which does have limited resources. I'm wondering if you are hitting a memory limit when the script starts. I've run the script 10 times in a row tonight(using the Convergence Skin) and it has yet frozen. Though I am seeing the cpu at 100%(cpu-xbmc at 104.5% lol) I know this is because of the setting I have in advancedsettings.xml (<useddsfanart>) without the setting it runs about 7-10% during this same time.

I really want to find the problem, before Eden gets replaced(I'm sure it has to do with a change they made a few month back, just need to provide information to developers of XBMC)

At the bottom of this wiki page gives some help regarding hangs and crashes on ATV2. I wish I had one to test with.

Ohhhh, okay, I see. I keep forgetting people use XBMC with things other than an ATV2 Smile Heck, I have it installed on my Macbook Pro too, so you'd think I'd realize this!

Your speculation that the ATV2 is hitting a memory limit is probably spot on. I'd actually start a collection for you to get one for testing, but I'm betting that there will be an ATV3 soon with beefed up specs, rendering the whole problem moot Smile At least that's what I'm hoping!

Anyway, if there's anything you ever want me to test on my ATV2, I'll be happy to do so.

- cfg9000 - 2011-10-20

I actually managed to use this script just fine on ATV2. On my newer Windows 7 machine though, with the same settings, it skips from Feature Presentation video to closing curtain and never plays trailers or the actual film itself.

- canadave - 2011-10-20

cfg9000 Wrote:I actually managed to use this script just fine on ATV2. On my newer Windows 7 machine though, with the same settings, it skips from Feature Presentation video to closing curtain and never plays trailers or the actual film itself.

Can you provide some details about your setup with CE and ATV2? i.e. which build your ATV2 is running, what version of CE, which skin....?