Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2012-01-11

Eisi2005 Wrote:@giftie

could you say something to my post #1908 ?

Greets
Eisi

I had thought I answered that one.. At the moment no.. A scraper can be made that should be able to take care of this. When I have a chance I'll code one up and test it out.

- giftie - 2012-01-11

smurff33 Wrote:can anyone confirm if this is how CE should work when playing trailors from Apple......

go to movies, select my film, then press the i button which then allows me to press the CE button, when i press the CE button it brings the same film title up in a search box, i have to press the back button on my remote which goes to my film list and then starts to play my trailors before my main film, not very clued up on CE still learning....

Can anyone tell me where to put intro, outtros etc on my comp to play, as i have a intro in place on my NAS drive and have pointed the configured CE to that folder but it wont play it just goes straihght to the trailors....

I running eden beta 11 and neon.......

Thanks in advance...........

XBMC has some a bug(it is fixed in the master branch) where XBMC does not return video files if they are not found in the Library and if metadata is not available. I could verify that this is the problem with a complete debug log.

- giftie - 2012-01-11

smurff33 Wrote:Can some one help me with the file structure for using Cinema Experience

Firstly - When using intros for example do they have to be in a particular folder within the xbmc folder or can i just point it to a folder of my choose whith the intros in.
The folder layout that is posted on the first page of this thread is more or less the suggested layout. The script can read from any folder it is told to look from. See my other response to you question about intro being skipped.
Quote:Secondly - when i set CE to play trailors from apple, some times they work other times i get playback failure, i am using Eden beta with the Neon skin...

Thanks in advance for any help.............
Streamed trailers are hit an miss when a video is played prior to the trailer.

- giftie - 2012-01-11

azaze1 Wrote:Thanks a lot for the help.

No problem, I like it when the script is not at fault Smile

Also the other problem you had(skipping audio videos) is now fixed in the master.

- Eisi2005 - 2012-01-11

@giftie

thx for your answer. I hope we speak over the same thing. I donĀ“t need a scraper that only look at movie with unwatched status. All my trailer are local on my hdd. CE must only look at the database to the watched status.

Greets
Eisi

- smurff33 - 2012-01-11

giftie Wrote:The folder layout that is posted on the first page of this thread is more or less the suggested layout. The script can read from any folder it is told to look from. See my other response to you question about intro being skipped.

Streamed trailers are hit an miss when a video is played prior to the trailer.

Thanks for your replys Giftie Big Grin, so am i right in thinking once i have created a video file i only need to put the sub folders in i want to use and not them all?

Example - Video/MovieTheatreIntro/intro file

Lastly, within the CE settings in XBMC do i just point the MovieTheatreIntro setting to the Video folder and it will find the intro its self within or do i have to point it to the specific intro folder within Video folder (Video/MovieTheatreIntro)......

- giftie - 2012-01-11

Scraping is the term used to gather information. Also it is not always easy to get information from the library is not as simple as one may think

- MrBigBen - 2012-01-11

i've recently updated to 4.4.4 and installed eden as well as the Reocus skin. I added the CE repo for future releases and installed the 2.053. The problem is that when I finish my config, go back to the main menu, and then return to the add-ons, it shows 1.046 instead.

i've removed the repo from everywhere, ive uninstalled, redownloaded and continue to get the same odd behaviour.

any clue what should i try next?

problem with HTE - pfunguy - 2012-01-11

cinema experience script stopped after xbmc movie liabrary trailer.
please help me.
my paste bin url.
http://pastebin.com/jBpfXYNC

- giftie - 2012-01-12

pfunguy Wrote:cinema experience script stopped after xbmc movie liabrary trailer.
please help me.
my paste bin url.
http://pastebin.com/jBpfXYNC

Your Local movie trailers are using the YouTube addon. When XBMC calls the YouTube Addon it stops Cinema Experience. It actually stops the playback of the playlist, which triggers Cinema Experience to stop(and clear the playlist) If a normal video is played(streamed or local) it only will report that playback has ended(ie it reached the end of the video)

Cinema Experience is suppose to wait for a time before checking to see if the video is truely stopped(2 mins) if XBMC is reporting that there is no video playing. This is not being done, which is causing the script to end prematurely. This never showed up before since I think you might be the first to use the YouTube addon for trailers(and Cinema Experience)

- giftie - 2012-01-12

akakillroy Wrote:Also what about the small thumbnail that displays in the lower right corner bordered by what looks like a filmstrip while the trailer is buffering/streaming? can that be turned off?

I just found what you are seeing. XBMC is calling the Seek Bar(DialogSeekBar.xml) as well as the Busy Dialog. If you changed the following code in DialogSeekBar.xml
Code:
<visible>Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding</visible>
to
Code:
<visible>[Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding] + !SubString(Window(Videos).Property(CinemaExperienceRunning),True)</visible>
should stop the dialog from showing up.. Though it will not show up at anytime Cinema Experience is running.

- giftie - 2012-01-12

MrBigBen Wrote:i've recently updated to 4.4.4 and installed eden as well as the Reocus skin. I added the CE repo for future releases and installed the 2.053. The problem is that when I finish my config, go back to the main menu, and then return to the add-ons, it shows 1.046 instead.

i've removed the repo from everywhere, ive uninstalled, redownloaded and continue to get the same odd behaviour.

any clue what should i try next?

A debug log of when you are installing the addon might shed some light into what is happening.. You also should go into the 'packages' folder in the addons folder and delete the zip file(s) for Cinema Experience.

- giftie - 2012-01-12

smurff33 Wrote:Thanks for your replys Giftie Big Grin, so am i right in thinking once i have created a video file i only need to put the sub folders in i want to use and not them all?

Example - Video/MovieTheatreIntro/intro file

Lastly, within the CE settings in XBMC do i just point the MovieTheatreIntro setting to the Video folder and it will find the intro its self within or do i have to point it to the specific intro folder within Video folder (Video/MovieTheatreIntro)......

Exactly. The only folder layout that is strict is the Audio folder.

- smurff33 - 2012-01-12

giftie Wrote:Exactly. The only folder layout that is strict is the Audio folder.

Thanks again for your reply,

I have got my folder setup as follows, the Z drive is my NAS drive whch i have created an XBMC folder as shown below:-

Z:/XBMC/Cinema/Video/MovieTheatreIntro/Intro.mp4 (does it make a difference thats its mp4 format)

It still does not seem to work, it plays my trailors but nothing alse, i have the above folder structure saved on my NAS drive does this make a difference, should i have have it read from my C drive?

How do i create a debug log of whats happening or not in my case and use pastebin to post here so you can see?

- pfunguy - 2012-01-12

giftie Wrote:Your Local movie trailers are using the YouTube addon. When XBMC calls the YouTube Addon it stops Cinema Experience. It actually stops the playback of the playlist, which triggers Cinema Experience to stop(and clear the playlist) If a normal video is played(streamed or local) it only will report that playback has ended(ie it reached the end of the video)

Cinema Experience is suppose to wait for a time before checking to see if the video is truely stopped(2 mins) if XBMC is reporting that there is no video playing. This is not being done, which is causing the script to end prematurely. This never showed up before since I think you might be the first to use the YouTube addon for trailers(and Cinema Experience)

Thanks for your reply giftie.My another problem is hte script play intro , trailer but not main movie in hte version 1.0.46.
but in new version 2.0.53 hte script totally failed because it didn't play anything.
please help me.
pastebin url
http://pastebin.com/9sNgwnqx