Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- giftie - 2012-01-28

Hogader Wrote:Wanting to use this script i tried every possible way to make it work, but still haven't even seen the cinema button at the info screen.

http://pastebin.com/TEeKTGqF

Using Alaska Revisited Mod

It looks like Alaska Revisited Mod skin does not have Cinema Experience integration. Alaska Revisited does though.

- deltazulu - 2012-01-30

I'm new to CE. Firstly, amazing work giftie. This is a great script.

From my tests and reading through many pages here (and recent posts included), I understand there is a bug causing the CE script to freeze or quit if any local video files were played prior to attempting to stream a movie trailer. I did not experience this during a few tests on my iMac, but I do see this issue on my Windows machine. Has there been discussion as to whether this may be platform specific?

I'm using version 2.0.53 on Eden Beta 2, reFOCUS skin

- publicENEMY - 2012-01-30

How can i set the Cinema experience playback as the default playback/default selected in video dialog info?

thansk.

- m0v1em4n - 2012-01-30

giftie Wrote:A debug log might help show what the problem is.

Hi Giftie

For some reason I am unable to use any intros or audio video, if I do the movie doesn't play after , If just stream some trailers then the movie plays ok

That's using the DSPlayer /xbmc build. (Eden 2)

Here is my Debug log would appreciate it if some one who understand these thing could have a look

Thanks

- ijourneaux - 2012-01-30

giftie Wrote:Nope... I am at a loss in ways of working around it, anything I have tried seems to upset the flow..

If you want to add to the Trac ticket that I had started (debug logs, stack traces) feel free... Even if they tell me it's my fault(not sure how it can be).

I religiously use HCE to watch movies and don't have problems with any of the intros (all of the intros are configured to play 1 random video) but I don't stream trailers. Is the problem associated with the intros or the fact that you are trying to stream the trailers?

- giftie - 2012-01-30

ijourneaux Wrote:I religiously use HCE to watch movies and don't have problems with any of the intros (all of the intros are configured to play 1 random video) but I don't stream trailers. Is the problem associated with the intros or the fact that you are trying to stream the trailers?

It's a strange problem.. The streamed trailers will almost always fail if there is a local video played(via the playlist) I have heard that it will sometimes(less often) fail with no videos are played before. The error really seems to be inside of XBMC since the script does nothing different when it adds a streamed trailer verses a local trailer(except for all the extras needed for a streamed trailer) It's the same code that it always has been(since post Camelot) I honestly think it has always been flaky, since I remember using ATD(Apple Trailers Downloader) to get my trailers.

It always can be Apple messing things up, causing XBMC to get bad info(wouldn't put it past them Smile )

- ToXIc69 - 2012-02-01

giftie Wrote:The script has two methods to start it. Most skins allow you to start it from the info screen of the movie you want to watch. Aeon MQ3 and Transparency! have an option to engage the script from the home window. The second one actually triggers the script in Multiple Feature mode but if the script has the number of Feature Presentations(in the script's settings) set to 1, the script will function with just one movie. If this mode is being used, you need to Queue the movie to have the script 'start'.

sorry for the late feedback.. i got CE working by choosing it from the movies submenu and it worked fine.. but when movie playback started it was very choppy..

- jingai - 2012-02-01

giftie Wrote:It's a strange problem.. The streamed trailers will almost always fail if there is a local video played(via the playlist) I have heard that it will sometimes(less often) fail with no videos are played before. The error really seems to be inside of XBMC since the script does nothing different when it adds a streamed trailer verses a local trailer(except for all the extras needed for a streamed trailer) It's the same code that it always has been(since post Camelot) I honestly think it has always been flaky, since I remember using ATD(Apple Trailers Downloader) to get my trailers.

It always can be Apple messing things up, causing XBMC to get bad info(wouldn't put it past them Smile )

I don't think it's Apple. Mine fails (as in, freezes XBMC completely) on all of my machines (Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, and a Debian Linux "lenny" box) if I have music playing during the Trivia slideshow. The Trivia never comes up after it says "Building Playlist" and as I said, XBMC freezes up completely.

Unfortunately there is nothing useful in the log at the time this happens.

-j

Local trailers (youtube) - ldh830114 - 2012-02-01

Hello, this is a great addon and I would like to suggest a feature to the trailers. It would be great if it could play trailers for movies in your library via youtube and then continue to play new trailers from apple etc. The reason being is i have a pretty huge movie library and sometimes cant decide what to watch. If i were to see a trailer before a movie I would probably want to watch that movie... Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

- giftie - 2012-02-01

jingai Wrote:I don't think it's Apple. Mine fails (as in, freezes XBMC completely) on all of my machines (Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion, and a Debian Linux "lenny" box) if I have music playing during the Trivia slideshow. The Trivia never comes up after it says "Building Playlist" and as I said, XBMC freezes up completely.

Unfortunately there is nothing useful in the log at the time this happens.

-j

You're talking about a different problem(not streaming trailers). You would be surprised on how a debug log really can speak to someone who knows what to expect.

So please do post a debug log to pastebin(or the like)

- charlievoviii - 2012-02-01

how do I play trailers base on the movie i will play rating ? for example if i play R-rated movie, it will only play R-rated trailers ?

- Fizzle - 2012-02-02

ldh830114 Wrote:Hello, this is a great addon and I would like to suggest a feature to the trailers. It would be great if it could play trailers for movies in your library via youtube and then continue to play new trailers from apple etc. The reason being is i have a pretty huge movie library and sometimes cant decide what to watch. If i were to see a trailer before a movie I would probably want to watch that movie... Just a thought. Keep up the good work.

I started using XBMC on a HTPC a couple of weeks ago and came over Cinema Experience last week.
I have a similar feature request as you for HCE, because I have a lot of movies as well...

So I started adapting HCE and implemented the feature that if you choose "XBMC Library" as your trailer source in HCE settings, you are able to select "Show Trailers of unwatched Movies", wich in fact get the trailer url of your movie records which aren't watched yet.
Still some testing to do, but it looks promising.

In the next couple of days I will try to extend it so that you can choose if you want to play trailers of unwatched, watched or all movies...

Next thing after that would be to select two or more different sources, so that you can tell HCE something like: I wanna get 2 trailers of newest Apple trailers and 1 trailer of my unwatched movies.
But till then it's a long way to go.

As I am a new member of the community, I'm not really familiar with doing some scripting on an already used add-on as HCE, and I don't want to offend the initial developer of HCE Smile
So tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

- giftie - 2012-02-02

Fizzle Wrote:I started using XBMC on a HTPC a couple of weeks ago and came over Cinema Experience last week.
I have a similar feature request as you for HCE, because I have a lot of movies as well...

So I started adapting HCE and implemented the feature that if you choose "XBMC Library" as your trailer source in HCE settings, you are able to select "Show Trailers of unwatched Movies", wich in fact get the trailer url of your movie records which aren't watched yet.
Still some testing to do, but it looks promising.
I have already implemented this in the development version.
Quote:In the next couple of days I will try to extend it so that you can choose if you want to play trailers of unwatched, watched or all movies...
I'm not sure how much demand there would be for 'watched movies', most users want something they haven't seen. But it is easy to add.
Quote:Next thing after that would be to select two or more different sources, so that you can tell HCE something like: I wanna get 2 trailers of newest Apple trailers and 1 trailer of my unwatched movies.
But till then it's a long way to go.
This won't be too hard to implement, though I don't know how many more settings users want Smile
Quote:As I am a new member of the community, I'm not really familiar with doing some scripting on an already used add-on as HCE, and I don't want to offend the initial developer of HCE Smile
So tell me if I'm doing something wrong.
Sent you a pm regarding this. I welcome the help.

- Fizzle - 2012-02-03

Sent you a pm as well.

I guess the possibility to switch between trailers for all, watched and unwatched movies was just to give the users all possibilities, but as you said, maybe this is just something I would like.

The same with the possibiltity of chosing different trailer sources... In that case I thought it would be great if I could check a trailer out of one of my movies and one which is coming to the theatres soon, just to get excited...

- azaze1 - 2012-02-03

I've had some issues in recent months and I've posted some logs, behavior these days is it finally does play my audio intro files, but it skips the main title.

A month ago it would skip the audio intro and go right to main title. Not sure what changed other than me switching from Neon to Aeon MQ3.

Debug pastebin: http://pastebin.com/wC72G03P

This log reflects audio intro played and then back to movie selection (did not play main feature).

I'm using DSplayer's latest build based on master (roughly @ eden beta 2), and 2.0.53 of CE.