Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - skimshady - 2012-03-25

(2012-03-25, 21:02)giftie Wrote: Please post a complete debug log to pastebin(or similar) if you don't know how to, see the first page of this thread.

And to be sure you are using the Eden test version(2.0.53)

(2012-03-25, 20:57)bthusby Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 17:56)giftie Wrote: Have you tried the test version available from the first page of this thread?

I can't get Cinema Experience to work on newest stable Eden 11.0.
Using the Quartz skin on an ATV2. The skin is supposed to support Cinema Experience now as of the latest version.

Maybe I am missing something....

OK, I wasn't using the latest test version. Tried to install it, but received an error that said "wrong structure on xml" -something.
When will the steady version of Cinema Experience for Eden be out?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2012-03-25

To answer my own questions:

1) You must download CE from the first post here for eden (even if it appears to be there from an upgrade from dharma)
2) Harros method posted in the first few posts here does still work for eden.
3) To add the Cinema button to confluence, but not have it show up in tvshows:
In DialogVideoInfo.xml

Code:
<control type="button" id="14">
          <description>Home Cinema Experience</description>
          <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
          <label>Cinema</label>
          <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
          <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
          <onclick>RunScript(special://home/addons/script.cinema.experience/addon.py)</onclick>
                        <visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible>
          </control>

great work giftie, thank you!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Vidman - 2012-03-26

I would like to offer a feature suggestion that the trailers option be split into "now showing" (trailers of movies currently in the movie library) and "coming soon" (the latest movie trailers).
If this has already been suggested then I'd like to +1 it Big Grin

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2012-03-26

I hate to post twice in a row :/ Sorry!

Giftie, there used to be a bug where launching Movie Quiz from CE if you are using mysql would end up not launching
movie quiz (because of blank/incorrect genre info if I remember correctly).

I was holding out for this to be fixed in eden and latest CE, but it appears Im getting the same behaviour.
It was a little while back though and maybe my memory is a little fuzzy. Are you aware of this?
If not I can create some new debug logs, just let me know.

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tommymsw - 2012-03-26

Does anybody know where I can get one of those "video packs" fro this? Megaupload is gone and I tried the last listing on here for it and none of them still work. Please? Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - crimsonfury - 2012-03-26

Ok...

What is the folder structure and file names needed for the DTS and Dolby Digital clips to play before my movies?

I have CE installed and it shows as CE ex in AEON MQ3 (Skin of Choice). So I have CE in settings set to map the Audio videos to the folder with all of those clips in it. And then click on movie and more info and then click on CE EX and it just starts the movie after a little hesitation (Like its looking for the clips...).

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-03-27

The folder structure is posted here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563&pid=664143#pid664143

The folders are the only things that need to properly named - Dolby, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTSHD-MA, Other. If the folders are named as such, maybe there is another issue. For which I need a full debug log to be posted to Pastebin.

(2012-03-26, 22:00)crimsonfury Wrote: Ok...

What is the folder structure and file names needed for the DTS and Dolby Digital clips to play before my movies?

I have CE installed and it shows as CE ex in AEON MQ3 (Skin of Choice). So I have CE in settings set to map the Audio videos to the folder with all of those clips in it. And then click on movie and more info and then click on CE EX and it just starts the movie after a little hesitation (Like its looking for the clips...).

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tommymsw - 2012-03-27

Ok... I give up on getting the trivia to work. I check off the "trivia" options but how does it run? Everything else works but no trivia. I am not sure when it is supposed to play or how to get it to play. Any way to get it to play as a screen saver? Or when paused?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-03-27

The order of which items play is posted in the very first message of this script.
(2010-12-14, 04:11)giftie Wrote: Cinema Experience Sequence - Thanks SlaveUnit for posting this

1. Trivia Intro Video(s)
2. Slides w/ music playlist
3. Trivia Outro Video(s)
4. Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
5. Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
6. Trailer(s)
7. Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)
8. Feature Presentation Intro Video(s)
9. Rating
10. Audio (DD/DTS/THX etc)
11. Countdown Video
12. Movie Starts
13. Intermission Video(s) - If selected
14. Rating Video - if selected
15. Audio Format Video - if selected
16. Next Movie Starts
. The last three can repeat up to 3 more times
17. Feature Presentation Outro Video(s)
18. Movie Theatre Outro Video(s)

With out a debug log, I can not help much with why the trivia is not playing.

(2012-03-27, 08:35)tommymsw Wrote: Ok... I give up on getting the trivia to work. I check off the "trivia" options but how does it run? Everything else works but no trivia. I am not sure when it is supposed to play or how to get it to play. Any way to get it to play as a screen saver? Or when paused?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tommymsw - 2012-03-28

I don't even see how it could work. There is no option to even point to where the trivia cards are held. All the other options have paths to choose. I got everything else working no problem. And like I said... Any way to get it to play as a screen saver? Or when paused? If not, I am not sure if I would even use the trivial part.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-03-28

When you set trivia mode to 'Slide Show', you will see the option '- Slides Folder' open up and allow you to put your path into it. At the moment you can not have your slides on a network drive(unless it is mapped, due to the fact XBMC uses a Virtual File System to access these files, but the add on does not have direct read/write access - a work around will be included in the next release)

Also. No, the script can not play the trivia as a slide show. No, the trivia does not play when paused.

(2012-03-28, 00:35)tommymsw Wrote: I don't even see how it could work. There is no option to even point to where the trivia cards are held. All the other options have paths to choose. I got everything else working no problem. And like I said... Any way to get it to play as a screen saver? Or when paused? If not, I am not sure if I would even use the trivial part.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2012-03-28

Giftie, does CE support calling Movie Quiz properly in a mysql environment?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-03-28

I actually have no clue(don`t use MySQL Wink )

To be honest I haven`t tried using the Movie Quiz option in a very long time. If it does not work for you, could you please post a debug log.

btw. I wasn`t ignoring your previous post, just got distracted Smile

(2012-03-28, 02:22)bluenote Wrote: Giftie, does CE support calling Movie Quiz properly in a mysql environment?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bigdog66 - 2012-03-28

been a while since i read trough here....just wanted to check and see what any current issues are
I know there used to be an issue with trailers....whether they were local or streamed etc.

and giftie....wanted to say THANKS for all the work you do!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bluenote - 2012-03-28

(2012-03-28, 02:26)giftie Wrote: I actually have no clue(don`t use MySQL Wink )

To be honest I haven`t tried using the Movie Quiz option in a very long time. If it does not work for you, could you please post a debug log.

btw. I wasn`t ignoring your previous post, just got distracted Smile

(2012-03-28, 02:22)bluenote Wrote: Giftie, does CE support calling Movie Quiz properly in a mysql environment?

Thanks giftie.

Here's the log of mysql / moviequiz /CE interaction.

http://pastebin.com/MgWp2k2k

I had to snip in two places to get it down to size, but it was just repetitive stuff looping through the movies in my library in both cases.

thanks!