Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-23

chunk1982 Wrote:may i be as bold as to request 1 feature to be added please
to add a option called countdown and for that to be the VERY LAST THING to be played before the movie starts

many thanks

paul

Sounds like a good idea since there is no real other place a countdown could be placed.

Giftie/Nuka,
Is adding another item into the playlist a simple process or a chore to do?

- icky - 2010-12-23

I have a request as well.......

Is there anyway to script a fade of music at the end of the trivia section?

At the moment when the 5 mins is up it abruptly cuts to coming attractions intro and doesnt fit nicely??

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-23

the new version, that i posted screenshots to give an idea would allow any manner of videos/pictures in any order.

but adding a new one wouldn't be too difficult. giftie do you want to continue to upgrade this version or move to a more compatible version?

fading music could be done with a simple function if there isn't an xbmc builtin already to do it.

i'll whip something up giftie can include, sounds reasonable to have.

- icky - 2010-12-23

Nuka1195 Wrote:the new version, that i posted screenshots to give an idea would allow any manner of videos/pictures in any order.

but adding a new one wouldn't be too difficult. giftie do you want to continue to upgrade this version or move to a more compatible version?

fading music could be done with a simple function if there isn't an xbmc builtin already to do it.

i'll whip something up giftie can include, sounds reasonable to have.

no new sections of video/pics needed, all i wanted was the trivia music to fade.... hope i explained that okay?

if the new version is relatively bug free, then it would be perfect sense to move to that! Does it no longer require a XBMC patch?

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-23

I think Nuka was answering both chunk1982 and your requests in the same post icky.

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-23

the new version either requires patches or someone to find a way to make the settings work. the current xbmc settings are too limited to have the options the way i want. the othe issue i think can work in dharma as is.

i understood. the new function would simply be a loop and slowly setting the volume lower. the other answer was for the previous question.

- icky - 2010-12-23

Nuka1195 Wrote:the new version either requires patches or someone to find a way to make the settings work. the current xbmc settings are too limited to have the options the way i want. the othe issue i think can work in dharma as is.

i understood. the new function would simply be a loop and slowly setting the volume lower. the other answer was for the previous question.

Well i dont mind a patch or two!

Audio - commoman81 - 2010-12-23

How do i get an updated version of cinema experience i tried upgrading to the xbmc 10 and no dice still pushes the volume to -54db and have to move it back to 0.0 is there a new link or an update that i can just do directly from xbmc
thanks much

- SlaveUnit - 2010-12-23

commoman81 Wrote:How do i get an updated version of cinema experience i tried upgrading to the xbmc 10 and no dice still pushes the volume to -54db and have to move it back to 0.0 is there a new link or an update that i can just do directly from xbmc
thanks much

Actually this does seem like this is happening. I do not remember this happening in 1.0.2 and RC2. I am running 1.0.4 of the script and XBMC 10 and it definately does now. I am not sure if the upgrading of the script or upgrading to XBMC did this. When starting a trivia slideshow with music of any kind it drops the volume all the back. you can raise it manually while music is playing but once the slideshow is over it drops back to -54db when any oher videos start.

Rolling back to RC2 did not fix the issue. So I am guessing something happened in the script when going to 1.0.4? Any ideas from the devs? Or can I get a copy of 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 to test with?

Yeah that is what exactly happens so does it not happen to 1.0.4 or still happens to you? But really other then this happening the script is awesome, I also have some slide shows that i did my self not sure how to add pictures maybe just email this to you and u can upload it for others but really looks pretty professional.

Thanks,

- icky - 2010-12-23

increase the volume on start screen and then launch cinema experience..... did the trick for me Smile

and is loud everytime now Smile

Awesome I will try that thanks a lot Big Grin

- Nuka1195 - 2010-12-23

PHP Code:
def _fade_volumeselfout=True ):

# set initial start/end values

volumes range0self.settings"slideshow_music_volume" ] )

# if fading out reverse order

if ( out ):

volumes.reverse()

# loop thru and set volume

for volume in volumes:

xbmc.executebuiltin"XBMC.SetVolume(%d)" % ( volume, ) )

# sleep FIXME: play with the time, maybe have a percentage of the diff between start and end

xbmc.sleep10 )

# set the volume back to original

xbmc.executebuiltin"XBMC.SetVolume(%s)" % ( self.current_volume, ) ) 

here's the code. i notice in this version volume is set differently. the new version the setting is the actual volume you want in db. this is a percentage, so i suggest changing this versions settings to be the actual volume you want the music to play at for the slideshow.

- icky - 2010-12-23

icky Wrote:increase the volume on start screen and then launch cinema experience..... did the trick for me Smile

and is loud everytime now Smile

It is broken for me now as well! had 3 hours today where it stayed at normal volume everytime, last night it was muted all the time and it is now playing up again!!! GRRRR!! LOL

- icky - 2010-12-23

Nuka1195 Wrote:
PHP Code:
def _fade_volumeselfout=True ):

# set initial start/end values

volumes range0self.settings"slideshow_music_volume" ] )

# if fading out reverse order

if ( out ):

volumes.reverse()

# loop thru and set volume

for volume in volumes:

xbmc.executebuiltin"XBMC.SetVolume(%d)" % ( volume, ) )

# sleep FIXME: play with the time, maybe have a percentage of the diff between start and end

xbmc.sleep10 )

# set the volume back to original

xbmc.executebuiltin"XBMC.SetVolume(%s)" % ( self.current_volume, ) ) 

here's the code. i notice in this version volume is set differently. the new version the setting is the actual volume you want in db. this is a percentage, so i suggest changing this versions settings to be the actual volume you want the music to play at for the slideshow.

Where does this code go Nuka or is it strictly for giftie to add into the script??

If its a copy and paste job i think i am capable of doing that! Laugh