Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - canadave - 2012-07-26

Hmmmm....I replied a little while ago to you giftie, but I don't see the reply now...there were some database errors with the forum earlier, so maybe my reply didn't go through.

Anyway, just wanted to say that of course you fixed it Smile Stupid me...forgot about the "-trailer" designation. Now it works--thanks!

All I have to do now is figure out how to get it to not "break out of CE momentarily" when transitioning from the trivia slides to the movie theater intro clip. When it does that, it briefly shows my XBMC movie collection screen for a second or two before jumping back to CE and resuming with the movie theater intro clip. But this is a minor quibble...I can live with it Smile It's probably just the fact that I'm trying to run this on the underpowered Apple TV2.

Anyway thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - cnewton2k - 2012-07-26

Hey

Right thanks for your help with this Smile

I got the intro, trailers and countdown working great, however after they have finished the film wont start it just goes back to the menu where u started from

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzj7ltgx7mks736/xbmc.log

Here is my logfile with debug enable

Smile

Forgot to say i am using the Neon skin

Cheers

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-07-27

(2012-07-26, 10:51)cnewton2k Wrote: Hey

Right thanks for your help with this Smile

I got the intro, trailers and countdown working great, however after they have finished the film wont start it just goes back to the menu where u started from

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzj7ltgx7mks736/xbmc.log

Here is my logfile with debug enable

Smile

Forgot to say i am using the Neon skin

Cheers

Your still not using the proper version. The one on the repo does not work with Eden. A zip file with the latest test version is available from the first page of this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - lightkeepr - 2012-07-28

When I try to launch CE, it does not load for some reason. Any suggestions?

http://pastebin.com/Xb7udbgM

Thanks, Jeb Bruce

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-07-28

Are you trying to start from Videos or from Movies? The script need to start from Movies and needs to have your movies in the library, as it needs to pull the info from the database. When Frodo is released, the script should be able to be started from almost anywhere..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2012-07-29

I just wonder, why for 99% always the same music format video is played. I have about five different vidos in the folder DTSHD-MA but most of the time the same is played. Is there something wrong with the random selection? I just use your latest script.

Christian

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-07-29

(2012-07-29, 00:09)moravec Wrote: I just wonder, why for 99% always the same music format video is played. I have about five different vidos in the folder DTSHD-MA but most of the time the same is played. Is there something wrong with the random selection? I just use your latest script.

Christian

The script 'shuffles' the list of videos 6 times, this is because it is aimed at more videos(more than 5) where the first shuffle is almost the same every time. Computers and randomness doesn't really happen. With only 5 videos, it would be common to choose the same video.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2012-07-31

Hello giftie, I usually play only one movie, then the pc is shutdown. Could it be, that because of the reboot/shutdown the scripts randomness is at the beginning again? Or will the "played" files be stored in a temp.file?

Christian

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - legallyhomeless - 2012-08-01

I am sure this has been asked but I cannot find it and I am slowly working my way through 237 pages....

For the trivia (I couldn't get this working back when it was HTE) I have my folders set up like so...

Trivia\
>A Bugs Life
>Bee Movie
>Cars
>Coke Slides
>Finding Nemo
>Monsters Inc... ect

Some are Q and A but most are just facts which only require 1 slide. How do I integrate all of these together? Do I need an .xml file in each folder or just the root "trivia"

Thank you.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-02

(2012-07-31, 07:00)moravec Wrote: Hello giftie, I usually play only one movie, then the pc is shutdown. Could it be, that because of the reboot/shutdown the scripts randomness is at the beginning again? Or will the "played" files be stored in a temp.file?

Christian

It might, but I don't know.. Only the slides and trailers are tracked for being played.

(2012-08-01, 21:08)legallyhomeless Wrote: I am sure this has been asked but I cannot find it and I am slowly working my way through 237 pages....

For the trivia (I couldn't get this working back when it was HTE) I have my folders set up like so...

Trivia\
>A Bugs Life
>Bee Movie
>Cars
>Coke Slides
>Finding Nemo
>Monsters Inc... ect

Some are Q and A but most are just facts which only require 1 slide. How do I integrate all of these together? Do I need an .xml file in each folder or just the root "trivia"

Thank you.

The slide.xml only is needed for the Q&A slide(as it tells the script how to organize the slides) You should just need to point to the Trivia folder and the script should be able to grab images from all the folders. If you set the trivia rating limit, only slides that have a slide.xml(and that the ratings match) will be played.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - constrictor - 2012-08-02

I am having an issue with CE never detecting the audio format correctly. I have the folders setup with the correct naming structure:

/home/Video - contains all the various Cinema Experience intros/outros
/home/Video/Audio - Contains the trailers for Dolby and DTS, there are the following subfolders:
/home/Video/Audio/DTS
/home/Video/Audio/DTSHD-MA
/home/Video/Audio/Dolby
/home/Video/Audio/Dolby TrueHD
/home/Video/Audio/Other

Ive tried the script on several different DTS and Dolby movies, and it keeps selecting trailers from the "Other" folder. Is there something I should be doing differently, or renaming my folders to get this to work properly? I guess I could just copy all of my trailers into the "Other" folder and it would just randomly pick one, but I'd rather it be correct. If its Dolby AC3, it plays Dolby...like its supposed to.

I checked the wiki and searched the forums and couldn't find any specific information about this.

I am running XBMCbuntu (latest nightly) on a custom built HTPC using the Metropolis skin. Otherwise, everything else about CE works properly.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - constrictor - 2012-08-02

More info from my previous post...

I have confirmed that XBMC's library has correctly flagged the audio codec as ac3 for Dolby Digital, dca for DTS, and dtsma for DTSHD-MA. So it cant be anything with the library or the file itself.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - legallyhomeless - 2012-08-02

(2012-08-02, 02:26)giftie Wrote:
(2012-08-01, 21:08)legallyhomeless Wrote: I am sure this has been asked but I cannot find it and I am slowly working my way through 237 pages....

Trivia\
>A Bugs Life
>Bee Movie
>Cars
>Coke Slides
>Finding Nemo
>Monsters Inc... ect

Thank you.

The slide.xml only is needed for the Q&A slide(as it tells the script how to organize the slides) You should just need to point to the Trivia folder and the script should be able to grab images from all the folders. If you set the trivia rating limit, only slides that have a slide.xml(and that the ratings match) will be played.

Does there need to be a slides.xml in each Q&A folder, the root Q&A folder or just the trivia folder that includes all of those folders?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - zeromancer - 2012-08-03

so is it possible to let the script start when just pressing a movie ? and don't use the cinema button all the time ?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-08-03

(2012-08-02, 19:22)constrictor Wrote: I am having an issue with CE never detecting the audio format correctly. I have the folders setup with the correct naming structure:

/home/Video - contains all the various Cinema Experience intros/outros
/home/Video/Audio - Contains the trailers for Dolby and DTS, there are the following subfolders:
/home/Video/Audio/DTS
/home/Video/Audio/DTSHD-MA
/home/Video/Audio/Dolby
/home/Video/Audio/Dolby TrueHD
/home/Video/Audio/Other

Ive tried the script on several different DTS and Dolby movies, and it keeps selecting trailers from the "Other" folder. Is there something I should be doing differently, or renaming my folders to get this to work properly? I guess I could just copy all of my trailers into the "Other" folder and it would just randomly pick one, but I'd rather it be correct. If its Dolby AC3, it plays Dolby...like its supposed to.

I checked the wiki and searched the forums and couldn't find any specific information about this.

I am running XBMCbuntu (latest nightly) on a custom built HTPC using the Metropolis skin. Otherwise, everything else about CE works properly.

Can you please post a debug log of you trying to play such movies. I can't help with out seeing what it is doing.

(2012-08-02, 20:23)legallyhomeless Wrote:
(2012-08-02, 02:26)giftie Wrote:

Trivia\
>A Bugs Life
>Bee Movie
>Cars
>Coke Slides
>Finding Nemo
>Monsters Inc... ect

Thank you.

Does there need to be a slides.xml in each Q&A folder, the root Q&A folder or just the trivia folder that includes all of those folders?

Yes, a slide.xml is needed in every folder that contains Q&A slides.