Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jimmyhat - 2012-12-22

Hey giftie any idea on how many "generic" videos you would add before the feature film? Would we be able to then determine the order? Excited to test out the new features.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - queequeeg78 - 2012-12-24

Ok this barely started happening about a month ago or maybe longer. If I start the script it goes through the trivia part just fine and then it plays the all the videos leading to the movie and then it skips the movie and ends the script. So I simply turned off all the videos that leads to the movie and then when I start the script after the triva its just flashes the volume bar until i have to escape out of it.

Any ideas?

UPDATE--
Ok sorry like a jackass I had forgotten that I had re-installed XBMC and i think i had the older version of CE script. So I just installed a different version and its up and running...Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - spencerthomass - 2012-12-29

Can anybody else get the trailer MPAA rating limit to work when streaming from Apple Trailers? I am on XBMC 11 running back row skin. It seems as though it is just randomly playing trailers rated G - R no matter what options I choose. Here is a copy of the log when I played Yogi Bear (trailers were suppose to be same genre and rating of move)

Link to XBMC Log

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - crlorentzen - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-29, 20:39)spencerthomass Wrote: Can anybody else get the trailer MPAA rating limit to work when streaming from Apple Trailers? I am on XBMC 11 running back row skin. It seems as though it is just randomly playing trailers rated G - R no matter what options I choose.

That feature, to limit trailers by MPAA rating, only works with local trailers.

(2012-06-21, 02:02)giftie Wrote: ...it can select trailers based on genre and MPAA rating. Set the scraper to 'XBMC Movie Library' then turn on 'Limit Trailers by MPAA Rating of Movie' and 'Limit Trailers by Genre of Movie' as needed.

Also something about local trailers and nfo files

(2012-05-11, 01:03)giftie Wrote: Cinema Experience can play any local trailers. The NFO files allow the use of limiting the trailer based on MPAA rating and Genre. They also provide plot detail and artwork too. As long as your files end in '-trailer.ext' (where ext is a video format XBMC understands), the local folder path is correctly entered for Local Trailers and they are not limited by MPAA or Genre, Cinema Experience will use them.

Unfortunately I have never played with the local trailers or limit feature myself. There may be more information elsewhere in this thread. The top two were from google searching.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - spencerthomass - 2012-12-29

Thank you for the quick reply. I was scared of that. I read the same thing about the nfo files.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - peebs - 2012-12-29

Updated my installation to Frodo. Craaaaaap. Sad

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2012-12-29

(2012-12-29, 20:39)spencerthomass Wrote: Can anybody else get the trailer MPAA rating limit to work when streaming from Apple Trailers? I am on XBMC 11 running back row skin. It seems as though it is just randomly playing trailers rated G - R no matter what options I choose. Here is a copy of the log when I played Yogi Bear (trailers were suppose to be same genre and rating of move)

Link to XBMC Log

The problem is that Apple does not provide a MPAA rating. This news that other site would need to be scraped to get the MPAA rating, slowing down the script

(2012-12-29, 23:00)peebs Wrote: Updated my installation to Frodo. Craaaaaap. Sad

A FRODO version is being worked on

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - peebs - 2012-12-30

(2012-12-29, 23:53)giftie Wrote:
(2012-12-29, 23:00)peebs Wrote: Updated my installation to Frodo. Craaaaaap. Sad

A FRODO version is being worked on

Thanks for working on it. I sincerely appreciate all of the effort you put into this plugin, in order to make the movie-watching experience better for end-users like me, and my family.

For the time being, I've moved back to Eden. I do have a problem that has cropped up. When trivia starts, it often gives me a black screen, with the music playing in the background. In looking at the log, it appears it's looking for thumbnails of the trivia slides that do not exist.

19:56:51 T:532 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/30e1095c.png
19:57:06 T:3252 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/e/ebf6a1cb.png
19:57:21 T:532 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/bf4bc3a1.png
19:57:36 T:3252 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/6/645c6b36.png
19:57:51 T:532 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/2/2221ea41.png
19:58:06 T:3252 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/f/f93642d6.png

etc...

Every so often, it loads the trivia slide.

How do I "clean" this so it will regenerate the thumbnails for these trivia slides? I wiped out the entire contents of the Thumbnails directory, just in case.

Edit:

I solved the problem. Although I'm not sure why the wrong hash was generated for the files and stored, it's an XBMC issue and not anything to do with Cinema Experience. All of the incorrect hashes were stored in the SqLite db %appdata%\XBMC\userdata\Database\Textures6.db

I renamed it to Textures6.db.old, fired up XMBC, fired up Cinema Experience, and everything's groovy.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - spencerthomass - 2013-01-04

OK, So I downloaded HD-Trailers.net downloader and got it all configured and I now have a folder of downloaded trailers with nfo files for each trailer. Whenever I set "Limit Trailers by MPAA Rating of Movie" it just skips the trailers and wont play them. If I disable that option it will play the trailers just fine. Any ideas?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - crlorentzen - 2013-01-04

(2013-01-04, 02:10)spencerthomass Wrote: OK, So I downloaded HD-Trailers.net downloader and got it all configured and I now have a folder of downloaded trailers with nfo files for each trailer. Whenever I set "Limit Trailers by MPAA Rating of Movie" it just skips the trailers and wont play them. If I disable that option it will play the trailers just fine. Any ideas?

We would need a debug level log from your test to help.

Quote from page 1.
(2010-12-14, 04:13)giftie Wrote: Steps for reporting problems/bugs

I'm not trying to be rude, or negative, but when reporting a bug or a problem you are having please follow the following....

Step 1: Put XBMC into Debug Mode - link
Step 2: Restart XBMC
Step 3: If you have addons that run automatically at start of XBMC(Sharethe.TV, Weather.com Plus, etc.) wait a few minutes for these scripts to run
Step 4: Run Cinema Experience
Step 5: Upload your FULL xbmc.log file to pastebin.com(or similar)

Method 1:
Use the Debug Log Script

Method 2:
Manually locate your xbmc.log file - see Here for location
Copy and paste xbmc.log to pastebin.com(or similar)

If you feel you have private information that you don't want the public be able to see, setup an account on pastebin.com and store it as a private paste.

Step 6: Create a new forum message on this thread, which contains steps to reproduce, your pastebin url

Using these steps will allow me to find the problem and repair it for the next release.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - spencerthomass - 2013-01-04

Here is the debug file link

After going through my log file I can see that it is having problems with the nfo files. So I started to play around with them and I noticed in my nfo files they have PG-13 listed as PG_13. Changing it to "PG-13" fixes the problem. Would there be an easier way to generate a nfo file with the proper MPAA format?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-04, 23:57)spencerthomass Wrote: After going through my log file I can see that it is having problems with the nfo files. So I started to play around with them and I noticed in my nfo files they have PG-13 listed as PG_13. Changing it to "PG-13" fixes the problem. Would there be an easier way to generate a nfo file with the proper MPAA format?

I guess in reality I should have Cinema Experience more flexible with the Ratings. For example PG-13 -> PG 13 -> PG_13 should all be equal in the sense of the script.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-01-05

(2013-01-04, 23:57)spencerthomass Wrote: After going through my log file I can see that it is having problems with the nfo files. So I started to play around with them and I noticed in my nfo files they have PG-13 listed as PG_13. Changing it to "PG-13" fixes the problem. Would there be an easier way to generate a nfo file with the proper MPAA format?

HDTrailerDownloader should be changing the MPPA rating from PG_13 (returned from the IMDB website scraper to PG-13. I am going to take a look at that right now.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-01-05

I just checked the code and my files and the _ character in the MPAA rating (returned by the IMDB scraper) should be changed to a dash to make it compatible with XBMC and Cinema Experience.
Could you post a log the HDTrailerDownloader Log, Are you sure you have the latest version as I thought this was fixed a logn time ago.