Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - opeters - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 06:17)deletedpenguin Wrote: Thanks RagnaroktA!

+1

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-02-12

You guys are very welcome. Personally, I use the Aeon Nox 4 skin - which is why the colors are blue and purple. I think they look really good with the default color scheme. Can't wait for the full release of CE. I'm really impressed with it so far. I think all it's really missing is the ability to do studio videos. I'd also like to see a popup when a movie is queued up that will show you what's in the queue (if anything is queued already).

Again, if anyone has any ideas for improvements, let me know and I'll try to put them to paper.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xsvtoys - 2013-02-12

Thank you, I like the videos a lot and I am going to put them in. I haven't been able to get at the AE files though, my unzip-fu can't match however you zipped those up. The .zip reports as corrupt and I don't know how to get the other two numbered ones. Tried Win 7 native tool, Powerdesk tool, and 7zip.

I think that some cool mods could be done to the roller coaster video using compositing. Some might be easy, like overlaying the green text with something mentioning XMBC. I think even the signs that are flying around could be replaced, but like you I only have used AE a little bit so I doubt if I could do it.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - CaptainKen - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 17:32)RagnaroktA Wrote: You guys are very welcome. Personally, I use the Aeon Nox 4 skin - which is why the colors are blue and purple. I think they look really good with the default color scheme. Can't wait for the full release of CE. I'm really impressed with it so far. I think all it's really missing is the ability to do studio videos. I'd also like to see a popup when a movie is queued up that will show you what's in the queue (if anything is queued already).

Again, if anyone has any ideas for improvements, let me know and I'll try to put them to paper.

I like your queue idea.

It would be a nice touch if when pause is press it launched an intermission video. Some mechanism to interrupt the intermission video to resume that main video.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 18:57)xsvtoys Wrote: Thank you, I like the videos a lot and I am going to put them in. I haven't been able to get at the AE files though, my unzip-fu can't match however you zipped those up. The .zip reports as corrupt and I don't know how to get the other two numbered ones. Tried Win 7 native tool, Powerdesk tool, and 7zip.

I think that some cool mods could be done to the roller coaster video using compositing. Some might be easy, like overlaying the green text with something mentioning XMBC. I think even the signs that are flying around could be replaced, but like you I only have used AE a little bit so I doubt if I could do it.

Well damn. I zipped it with the latest WinZip as a split zip file. Perhaps I should try a free tool huh? I'll see if I can re-zip them in 7z or WinRar tonight, and edit the posts to include the new link. I'm also debating creating slideshows that look similar to the styling of Aeon Nox 4, but I'm lazy and need to find a way to script the creation of the slides from a spreadsheet before I delve into that.

EDIT: I've uploaded the files in .rar format. It's a split file. You can download WinRAR here.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-02-13

So I just thought of another idea, and decided to dedicate a post to things I'd like to see in future releases.
  • Play studio intro videos for the feature presentation
  • Pop up a window when a movie is queued that will show you what's in the queue (if anything is queued already)
  • Detect if the feature presentation is 3D, and show an into video for 3D movies (i.e. "Please put on your 3D glasses now")

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-04, 21:52)DigitalAnvil Wrote:
(2013-02-03, 02:14)moravec Wrote: Hello Giftie

Could you please check the random file select part in CE. I have the impression, that it is not really random. I have often the same file played - this for audio, countdown.

I just started CE three times in a row and the audio file was the same everytime - even there are about six files in the folder...

christian

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. I have a few files in my Audio->Dolby folder. Most of the time, it plays the same file, rather than being random (from time to time it will play a different one but most of the time, its as if the script chose one favorite one and sticks with it... )

Hello Giftie
Yesterday we watched two movies and both times the same audio files was played. It really seems that CE has its favorite - it is nearly always this file - as 'DigitalAnvil' also is experiences this. Will you check the random part in CE too?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Fice - 2013-02-13

Good news, my Context Item Addon PR is now nearly ready, so I tried it on your Cinema Experience script and it was very easy to get to work Wink

just add:

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.context" label="32931" library="addon.py" visible="Container.Content(movies)"> </extension>
to your addon.xml and:

Code:
<!-- Context Menu label -->
    <string id="32931">Enjoy the Cinema Experience</string>
to your strings.xml and you're ready to go Wink

One minor bug thought, if you choose "Enjoy the Cinema Experience" via Context menu and navigate up or down quickly, it plays the wrong Movie at the end Wink In order to fix that, just check if "sys.item" is set (will be set when starting via context menu) and use that info. Couldn't find where the magic happens, so I leave that up to you

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - skydivinpilot - 2013-02-14

Are you guys seeing the movie_pause and movie_resume events for the HA in eventghost?

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - xsvtoys - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-12, 19:26)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 18:57)xsvtoys Wrote: Thank you, I like the videos a lot and I am going to put them in. I haven't been able to get at the AE files though, my unzip-fu can't match however you zipped those up. The .zip reports as corrupt and I don't know how to get the other two numbered ones. Tried Win 7 native tool, Powerdesk tool, and 7zip.

Well damn. I zipped it with the latest WinZip as a split zip file. Perhaps I should try a free tool huh? I'll see if I can re-zip them in 7z or WinRar tonight, and edit the posts to include the new link. I'm also debating creating slideshows that look similar to the styling of Aeon Nox 4, but I'm lazy and need to find a way to script the creation of the slides from a spreadsheet before I delve into that.

EDIT: I've uploaded the files in .rar format. It's a split file. You can download WinRAR here.

Thanks! Got it all with WinRAR. Still working through it though, I need to find some time to play with AE.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - drchris33 - 2013-02-15

I am a noobie, just started tinkering with Cinema Experience. Let me first say that it is pretty darn awesome!! I have been impressed so far. After much frustration, I have finally got most everything to roll perfectly. I have trivia slides with background music that will play for five minutes, then roll into a few intros, followed by movie trailers and finally the curtain opening. However, once I get there, it goes back to my movie selection screen. The movie will not play in cinema mode. I use Back Row skin; I have a FreeNAS with all my movies on it (about 3000 titles, with 1 TB of TV shows). I recently discovered Media Center Master and am currently running that, sifting through all the movies and are being renamed, tagged,etc. Will this fix the problem do you think?? I haven't received any error messages when the intro is finished running, just goes back to the beginning to select another movie.

Thanks! XBMC is awesome!!!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-02-15

(2013-02-15, 18:43)drchris33 Wrote: I haven't received any error messages when the intro is finished running, just goes back to the beginning to select another movie.
Thanks! XBMC is awesome!!!!!

You are going to need to post a log file. Without it, everyone is just guessing at the problem.
Take Care

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - drchris33 - 2013-02-17

Ok, not to be stupid, but I'm not sure how to do that. I haven't ever seen an error message, so I didn't know where to pull the log file from. I will try it again tonight and see if I can figure it out. Thanks

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-17, 05:05)drchris33 Wrote: Ok, not to be stupid, but I'm not sure how to do that. I haven't ever seen an error message, so I didn't know where to pull the log file from. I will try it again tonight and see if I can figure it out. Thanks

You can read the third message in this thread or XBMC's forum rules regarding posting about bugs. Most of all, make sure you are using the latest version for your version of XBMC.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Rodimus - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-09, 12:46)deathbringer Wrote: Hello,

been playing around with this addon for some days now and it seems to be pretty cool. But I'm having some difficulties, don't know if I'm just not setting it up in the correct way or if this are some bugs.

- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio doesn't seem to get recognized, I copied the trailers from DTSHD-MA to a new folder DTSHD-HRA, but no trailer gets played

- almost all of my movies have 2 audio streams (english and german), on some of those files those 2 streams have different audio codecs, e.g. english is in DTS-HD Master Audio and german only in DTS. If I change the selected language for that movie, the audio trailer does not change, so for that movie there's always either the DTS or the DTS-HD Master Audio played, no matter which audio stream is chosen for that movie. (I'm still searching for a possibility to choose the audio and subtitle stream before playback of the movie starts, this would really boost the cinema-like experience of XBMC for me)

- when selecting a movie to be played in cinema mode, the view always changes to the next movie. I'm using the newest Aeon Nox skin with the big fan view.

I'm also looking for the correct way to organize my local movie trailers. Currently I'm just having trailers accompanying my movies in the same directory with the postfix -trailer in the filename, so the local movie trailer gets played when I choose to watch the trailer for a movie. But for Cinema Experience I would like to also have trailers for movies I do not have in my library yet. How do I set that up correctly, so that trailers get played in Cinema Experience according to the genre of the movie I select?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've been wondering the same about trailers for movies I've not got yet, is it just as simple as putting a movie in the directory without the movie for now?

I.e. X:\Movie (2013)\Movie (2013)-trailer

I.e. the only file in the folder is the trailer?

I tried this once or twice but seeing as there were 500+ trailers with other movies they were never picked up, so it's a bit of a guess.