Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-02-17

Upgraded to Frodo. Script plays but it won't play any of the trailers. There is an error in the log file in that area. but not sure what to do about it.

http://pastebin.com/PQ3VrvwV

Take Care

Re: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-17

For the Local Folder scraper to filter the trailers, the trailers need to have an accompaning NFO file. There are three formats of these NFO files that the script understands, CE's own downloader, HD-Trailer.net downloader(the program not the add-on) and Apple Trailer script(though I don't think this works on frodo). Somewhere in this thread there is an example, I post one soon to the first page.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Rodimus - 2013-02-17

(2013-02-17, 22:35)giftie Wrote: For the Local Folder scraper to filter the trailers, the trailers need to have an accompaning NFO file. There are three formats of these NFO files that the script understands, CE's own downloader, HD-Trailer.net downloader(the program not the add-on) and Apple Trailer script(though I don't think this works on frodo). Somewhere in this thread there is an example, I post one soon to the first page.

So in theory, if we created a folder for the movi for when we add it, with a dummy nfo for the actual movie it would play it? Though that would create a dummy entry in XBMC.

Ah well that's my request for a future release then!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-02-17

The Trailers do have nfo files created by HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. I checked a couple of the NFOs and noticed that they don't have ratings but I don't havefilter by ratings enabled.

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-17, 23:37)ijourneaux Wrote: The Trailers do have nfo files created by HD-Trailers.Net Downloader. I checked a couple of the NFOs and noticed that they don't have ratings but I don't havefilter by ratings enabled.

I know yours do. Smile that error was caused by a correction in the Python engine(it was always wrong but XBMC accepted it) it is fixed for the next release. Just fixing some of the home automation stuff(mostly the pause/resumed)

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-17, 23:35)Rodimus Wrote:
(2013-02-17, 22:35)giftie Wrote: For the Local Folder scraper to filter the trailers, the trailers need to have an accompaning NFO file. There are three formats of these NFO files that the script understands, CE's own downloader, HD-Trailer.net downloader(the program not the add-on) and Apple Trailer script(though I don't think this works on frodo). Somewhere in this thread there is an example, I post one soon to the first page.

So in theory, if we created a folder for the movi for when we add it, with a dummy nfo for the actual movie it would play it? Though that would create a dummy entry in XBMC.

Ah well that's my request for a future release then!

The best method for you to do is the following:

Create a folder somewhere to store these trailers(with NFO files and thumbnails), you can make sub folders to simplify things in the future. Then use the Local Trailer scraper(though you will have to wait for the next release where it is fixed) This will give you what you want without messing up your Movie Library.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2013-02-18

@giftie

IT was nice if you Release now a New Version. I thought that 90 % from Users is waiting for a Version with trailer Support and only 10 % for Homepage Automation Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-18

(2013-02-18, 18:40)Eisi2005 Wrote: @giftie

IT was nice if you Release now a New Version. I thought that 90 % from Users is waiting for a Version with trailer Support and only 10 % for Homepage Automation Smile

The reason I haven't released the next version yet is because there has been a lot of changes between the 'Temporary' Frodo release(that one just allowed it to run on Frodo) and what I am working on.

Soon...

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-19

New Version now available....-> Cinema Experience 3.0.1
New Version -> home_automation.py - make sure this is stored in your /userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience folder as 'home_automation.py

This is the first part of the major re-write and code clean up. Things have a little better flow and some new additions. After installing, make sure you go into the settings, as there is a new setting - 'Override Play Button', then click ok, then restart XBMC(Very Important)

The 'Override Play Button' tries to let the script to seemlessly be included into any skin. What it does: The script waits for you to select a Movie by pressing play. What actually happens is that when you press play, XBMC adds the Movie to the playing list and starts to play, when the script sees this, it stops the player(there is up to 250 ms delay so you will see the fullscreen video window pop up) then the script will do its thing. It's not perfect and may never be.

Here is the change log since the last version

Code:
- fix       - more HTTP-API calls removed(none should be left in functioning code)
- fix       - Local Folder trailer scraper
- fix       - XBMC Library trailer scraper
                - Matches Genre to the first genre type in movie(if enabled)
                - accurately matches Rating(MPAA and BBFC only)(if enabled)
                - accurately matches unwatched Movies(if enabled)
- fix       - trailer downloader
- improved  - reduce the chance of seeing the Movie Library listing(still flashes but much better)
- change    - code re-arrange and partial re-write(improvements in speed and function)
- add       - New starting method available - RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=xxxx) xxxx = database Movie ID($INFO[ListItem.DBID])
            - this allows the script to be started inside of a skin as such:(taken from Transperency!)
                <control type="button" id="1112">
                    <posx>1195</posx>
                    <posy>471</posy>
                    <width>48</width>
                    <height>48</height>
                    <label>-</label>
                    <font>-</font>
                    <texturefocus>cinema-focus.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus>cinema-nofocus.png</texturenofocus>
                    <onleft>11</onleft>
                    <onright>11</onright>
                    <onup>1113</onup>
                    <ondown>50</ondown>
                    <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
                    <onclick>RunScript(script.cinema.experience,movieid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID])</onclick>
                    <visible>Container.Content(Movies) + Skin.HasSetting(CinemaScript_MovieInfo)</visible>
                </control>
            - starting in this method stops the movie library from jumping to the next item(making a better flow)
- add       - new service script
            - allows for pause and resume to function off of xbmc.Player instance(keeps Home Automation scripting fast) - there are still times pause and resume fail to trigger though
            - allows the script to 'override' the default play action when selecting a video in the Movie Library.
                - What happens is the the script will see that XBMC has added something to the video playlist then stops the player(about 250ms delay)
                  You may see the Full Screen video show up for a split second(or longer) but the video should not play, then the script will take over.
                - Need to adjust the new setting in Miscellaneous( 'Override Play button' )
                - May not work for every one
                - also requires a restart of XBMC
- change    - the home_automation.py scripting has changed(sorry folks, it was needed.)  Will post link to new Event Ghost version
- change    - reduced the amount of shuffling videos(used to shuffle 5 times, now only once) - should help randomizing the videos when only a few are available

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Zoltrix - 2013-02-19

Hi giftie,

I've just installed the newest 3.0.1 version on Frodo, but it still seems to have problems.

I have an intro video configured, 2 trailers, feature presentation video and audio clips.

I did not enabled the new override play button, I just tried launching the old way from the movie info screen. When I launched, it only plays 1 trailer, then it goes back to the movie selection screen.

Pastebin link is: http://pastebin.com/gkrEyLCT

Cheers,
Justin

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Eisi2005 - 2013-02-19

@giftie

wow that was fast. Thanks for the new version.

One question please. Must i use the new "Override Play Button" ? I found the method with two buttons better. When i watch with friends i found the CE function great, but somethime when i watch with my wife she want only watch a movie ant not a trailer show Smile

Eisi

Re: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-19

I see what is happening. XBMC is taking longer to display full screen video than the script expects. This cause the script to end and clear the playlists. I'll have to look into a different method.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ReducedToZero - 2013-02-19

Hi Giftie,

I've just installed the latest Cinema Experience 3.0.1 and for the life of me I can't get either the Countdown video or the Coming Soon Intro settings to be honoured. Regardless of which folder I point them at they are skipped in the playback sequence. If I point another option at the Coming Soon intro or Countdown video folders I have set up (Theatre Intro for example), the files play out as expected.

Everything else works perfectly. This is the first time I've tried the script under Frodo, although I used to run it under Eden, and it's mighty impressive.

I'm happy to post a debug log if needed, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a known issue before wasting anyones time Smile

This is my full sequence in playback order in case it sparks something:

Trivia Intro video (Single video)
Trivia Mode (Slide show)
Trivia Outro video (3 random videos) <- used for adverts

Theatre Intro (1 random video)

Coming Attractions Intro (1 random video) <- Never plays
Movie Trailers (XBMC Movie Library)

Feature Presentation Intro video (1 random video)

Movie Countdown video (1 random video) <- Never plays

Movie

Theatre Outro (Single video)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 08:09)Eisi2005 Wrote: @giftie

wow that was fast. Thanks for the new version.

One question please. Must i use the new "Override Play Button" ? I found the method with two buttons better. When i watch with friends i found the CE function great, but somethime when i watch with my wife she want only watch a movie ant not a trailer show Smile

Eisi

It gives another method of starting the script.. If the skin has integration you still can use it like before.

(2013-02-19, 15:58)ReducedToZero Wrote: Hi Giftie,

I've just installed the latest Cinema Experience 3.0.1 and for the life of me I can't get either the Countdown video or the Coming Soon Intro settings to be honoured. Regardless of which folder I point them at they are skipped in the playback sequence. If I point another option at the Coming Soon intro or Countdown video folders I have set up (Theatre Intro for example), the files play out as expected.

Everything else works perfectly. This is the first time I've tried the script under Frodo, although I used to run it under Eden, and it's mighty impressive.

I'm happy to post a debug log if needed, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a known issue before wasting anyones time Smile

Always need a debug log to determine any problems with this script... It has so many functions I can't hazard a guess.

I think I have the problem with the script exiting before video is played.

New version -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/3xnkbp3ug4yq7iq/script.cinema.experience.3.0.2.zip

Though I think I introduced a flash of the Video Library after the trivia..

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ReducedToZero - 2013-02-19

(2013-02-19, 16:11)giftie Wrote: Always need a debug log to determine any problems with this script... It has so many functions I can't hazard a guess.

Understood and debug log location PM'd Smile Thanks for looking at this. It seems that Coming Attractions always reports 0 videos added but I can't work out why.

Randomly (and not usefully for debugging), despite previously not working, the Countdown video is now playing for me.

(2013-02-19, 16:11)giftie Wrote: I think I have the problem with the script exiting before video is played.

New version -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/3xnkbp3ug4yq7iq/script.cinema.experience.3.0.2.zip

Though I think I introduced a flash of the Video Library after the trivia..

I don't get a flash of the Video Library with 3.0.2 and a trivia slideshow Cool