Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-23

When skins use the old method to start Cinema Experience(via the Cinema Buttons). The script queues the movie to a playlist. XBMC moves the library to the next movie(built in effect) Nothing to do with the script.

(2013-02-22, 14:55)WiLLiE Wrote: First time trying out CE, and its really great!

One problem though, I can't seem to have music with my slides. If I activate that function, nothing works. Here's the relevant part from the log (i guess):
Please always post a debug log to Pastebin or xbmclogs. Just forum rules...
Quote:Edit: Oh, and I'm also experiencing the move to next movie.
See my comment above
Quote:Edit2: Tried adding a folder again (using a different path), and this time it worked. Perhaps a path problem? I saw that you mentioned that earlier.
Music file is fixed in the next release. If you find problems with folders not working, please post a full debug log to pastebin or xbmclogs.

(2013-02-22, 15:12)seb0p Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 14:50)moravec Wrote: DTS-HD works perfectly for movies in my setup (still 3.0.0) do you use the recomended folder structure?

Folder Structure

I think you meant DTS-HD MA works perfectly.
He is asking about DTS-HD HR

I now get problems with the Audiotrailers.

I am using aeon.nox and the override play button is active.

When i am pressing the play button the right audio trailer is starting but plays 2 times and then the movie.
Open the movie details and hit cinema everything works fine.

But when i stop the main movie and want to watch it again the cinema script is not working and directly play the main movie.

How can i add the log to show you?

I always need a debug when problems happen... Follow the instructions in my signature, forum rules, or on the first page of this thread.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-23

(2013-02-22, 13:44)deathbringer Wrote: I'm also experiencing the move to the next movie. I'm using Aeon Nox as skin (big fan view) and it happens when I use the cinema-button from the movie details.

Could you also integrate support for DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, so audio trailers from a directory 'DTSHD-HRA' are played? The stream is labeled as 'dtshd_hra' in the DB.
The other thing with audio trailers I experience is that for files with 2 audio tracks and different audio codecs there's always played a audio trailer for the same codec, regardless which audio track is selected for that movie. Is it possible to fix that, or even better implement a popup at start, where one can choose the audio and subtitle track for the movie?

Will add the ability for DTSHD-HRA folder in the next release.

The script only would know which stream that is going to be played at the time of playing the movie, XBMC reports the stream details as they appear inside the movie container. I'm also not sure if I can specify which stream to play when adding the movie to a playlist(how Cinema Experience works.)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - moravec - 2013-02-23

using now 3.0.3 and random selection of "Feature Presentation Intro" and "Audio Format" file is much better. However "Movie Countdown Video" was the same video three times in a row...

Is this possible, that there is still another random selection in use?

Tks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-02-24

I am trying to install 3.03. Unfortunately I am getting a python error. Here is the pastebin. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Take care

http://pastebin.com/zVncLb4W

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 05:10)ijourneaux Wrote: I am trying to install 3.03. Unfortunately I am getting a python error. Here is the pastebin. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.

Take care

http://pastebin.com/zVncLb4W

It looks like you have the Home Automation enabled, correct? If so, did you change it to the new version? -> Posted here and on the first page. If you use the file I created for use with EventGhost, just copy over the one posted in the above link. If you don't use the Home automation, just delete the 'ha_script' folder in your /userdata/addon_data/script.cinema.experience folder.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - ijourneaux - 2013-02-24

I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks much for the help.

{EDIT]
I have it working now but it seems like I have an interesting folder structure. In the HCE folder in Add-ons, there is a ha_script folder with the correct script but in the userdata/addons folder there wasa second ha_script folder. This one did not have the correct script. placing it in there worked

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-24, 16:13)ijourneaux Wrote: I knew it had to be something simple. Thanks much for the help.

{EDIT]
I have it working now but it seems like I have an interesting folder structure. In the HCE folder in Add-ons, there is a ha_script folder with the correct script but in the userdata/addons folder there wasa second ha_script folder. This one did not have the correct script. placing it in there worked

The script will not over write the module if it exists. I have code in the next release that will check to see if it is a valid version.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sdtucker10 - 2013-02-24

(2013-02-22, 01:55)giftie Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 19:53)sdtucker10 Wrote: @giftie

Fantastic addon! I have been having some issues getting it to launch since I upgraded from 3.0.0. I installed 3.0.3 from the zip file. When I try to play a movie using the cinema button as normal, it moves to the next movie and nothing happens. I uninstalled the addon, rebooted, reinstalled with the same result. I uninstalled the addon, removed all the userdata files, and the addondata files, rebooted, reinstalled, set up the addon again and got the same result. Here is the errors

http://pastebin.com/MAQJVkPv

It looks like it's calling an old version, but I can't find one installed.

thanks in advance for the help and keep up the great work! Smile

There is a typo in the script, only shows up when you have a single music file selected for trivia. I have it fixed, might be able to get it out tonight.

(2013-02-21, 21:13)seb0p Wrote:
(2013-02-21, 19:53)sdtucker10 Wrote: When I try to play a movie using the cinema button as normal, it moves to the next movie and nothing happens.

After i hit the play button (override play i active) it also moves to the next movie but then plays the right audio trailer.

It shouldn't move to the next movie(when using the play button) It should start playing the movie, then the script will stop XBMC. What skin are you using?

(2013-02-21, 23:44)asr10 user Wrote: Does anyone have a link or know where to get a more current curtain opening and/or countdown files? Most links I have found here are pretty old or dead.

I also just used Cinema for the first time and its AWESOME.
Curtain Video
There is one running around here, created by a user - dirtymurt I'm trying to see if I can get a copy from the user myself, as all the links are dead now.

Countdown Videos
Demoworld might have some more up to date ones.

(2013-02-22, 09:14)giftie Wrote:
(2013-02-22, 08:37)sdtucker10 Wrote: Okay cool. I changed the music for the slides from a single file to a folder and the slides played, but then I see the music viualization and the movie starts. When I turn off the slides, only the coming soon video plays and then the script fails. If I change to apple trailers (latest), it plays the feature presentation video then kicks out. I have attached the link to the log below.

http://pastebin.com/RXqDwCvL

Thanks!

You need to make sure your screensaver is set to a longer time than your slideshow is set. I need a full debug log as well, Nothing in the log shows any problem with the script.

That seems to have fixed it. Thank you for your help!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - fastcolors - 2013-02-25

(2010-12-14, 04:11)giftie Wrote: Any others, please post so I can add to this message

SiO2 supports Cinema Experience, soon with the ability to start it from straight from context menu.

Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bigjon216 - 2013-03-07

Hey giftie Heres what i done
This Only Thing I Done & Still Nothing
So What Im Missing? or done wrong
1. Installed XBMC Frodo 12.0 Windows EXE
2. Installed script.cinema.experience.2.0.57
3. Installed repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons

Went To Cinema Config
4. Enabled Home Automation Button
5. Reloaded Movies & Scraped For Fan Art
6. Loaded Special Triva Video AVI
7. Loaded My Custom Fox logo AVI
8. Turned On Apple Movie Trailer Scraper

Pressed Play And movie Started & Nothing Else....

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-07

(2013-03-07, 04:29)bigjon216 Wrote: Hey giftie Heres what i done
This Only Thing I Done & Still Nothing
So What Im Missing? or done wrong
1. Installed XBMC Frodo 12.0 Windows EXE
2. Installed script.cinema.experience.2.0.57
3. Installed repository.googlecode.xbmc-addons

Install version 3.0.3 from the first page and remove the repo... The repo is for Dharma
Quote:Went To Cinema Config
4. Enabled Home Automation Button
Are you using a modified home_automation.py script? If not you can leave this off..
Quote:5. Reloaded Movies & Scraped For Fan Art
6. Loaded Special Triva Video AVI
7. Loaded My Custom Fox logo AVI
8. Turned On Apple Movie Trailer Scraper

Pressed Play And movie Started & Nothing Else....

And once you install version 3.0.3(which is the Frodo version I mentioned in the other message) and it still doesn't work, follow the instructions that are in my signature regarding troubleshooting and bug reports

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - bigjon216 - 2013-03-07

Hey Giftie Thank you so much it worked !!! here what i did . Redid Everything insttalled Frodo 12
then just installed your Cinema Experince Script .3.0.3 .. Then Went To Cinema Experince setup
and loaded my custom triva and movie intro and home automation button then . it wouldnt work
with Confluence Skin So I Downloaded Backrow and Enabled Cinema Script Button and off to
the Races I am...Only Thing Back Row Skin Got No Exit XBMC Button so i gotta Switch back
to Conflunce To Shut Xmbc Down Other Than That You was great help

Re: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-07

If you enable the experimental "overide play button" in Misc settings, it may work on Confluence. What the setting does is that the script waits for XBMC to play the movie, then stops the movie and starts the script. You might get a flash of the fullscreen video window before the script catches the playback. Also, XBMC needs to be restarted after this setting change

Ok I Just Rechecked Everything & Restarted Progam & Still No Luck With Overide Play Button To Work With Confluence
So That Fine With Me Im Happy (Cant Look Gift Horse In The Mouth) Lamo...Me I Can Build A Computer All Day Long
But When It Come To Modding Scripts Or Tweeking PC Commands (Forget) It Lol... Ok One Last Thing Where Can
I Find Some Up To Date Triva Packs & Intermission Slides ? Only Thing I Done Is Use Blender To Do My Fox Logo
And Photoshop To Make Some Triva That Took Me 1month To Do Lol.. But Now I Need a Cool Featue Presentation intro
and outro , Intermission , Countdown clock can u help me??

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Ragnarok - 2013-03-07

Giftie, check your PMs boss. Let me know what you think.