Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script (/showthread.php?tid=87563)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - jasemilly - 2013-03-19

Thanks!!!!!

got it working last night straight away !!!! Looking forward to expanding this whole section.

I run homeseer on a different machine. I can pass it commands through a custom url.

Can I add scripts in the home automation to achieve this if I could change my lights at the start and end of the film that would be the best!!!!

thanks again

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - sarakha63 - 2013-03-19

Giftie : What did you correct my commented line with ?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tboggie - 2013-03-20

Hi giftie,

Thanks for this addon. I have set everything up but i get addon.py" error when I press the cinema button in movie info page. I'm running neon skin and frodo12. Is there an updated script i need to run to get this working? Blush

Thanks
T

Re: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-20

Need a debug log

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - Skank - 2013-03-20

Is there a topic somewhere where people showed their realisation with this script? So we can get ideas Wink
I know there are already lots of demos on youtube... but it could be very useful with a topic on this... (Planning to build a dedicated room and i might consider using this script then)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tdhz77 - 2013-03-23

I cannot save the settings and any of the videos playlist/folder/indiv videos. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm on frodo 12:0 and 3.03. I've tried to edit the xml files, but I can't enable the setting. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-23, 03:26)tdhz77 Wrote: I cannot save the settings and any of the videos playlist/folder/indiv videos. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm on frodo 12:0 and 3.03. I've tried to edit the xml files, but I can't enable the setting. Thanks.

Not sure why you are having trouble saving setting(nothing to do with the script, all XBMC). Are you clicking on OK before leaving the settings page. Also which XML file are changing(which folder?)

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - BernieBl - 2013-03-23

Issue with addon.py

I waited to build my HTPC until Fordo 12.0 was available and loaded CE 3.0 ... everything worked well
I then upgraded to CE version 3.0.3 and still I had no issues, I tested pretty much everything.
The last thing I remember doing is to install the new home automation file and I am unsure if I tested after that.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last used Cinema Experience, but last night I received an error
CE gives me a "Script Failed!: addon.py" error when I press the cinema button within movie info.

Any ideas of what can be causing this. I see that there was a similar issue back in November but I assumed that a fix was put in place since I had no issues after install and upgrade

Re: RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-23, 06:01)BernieBl Wrote: Issue with addon.py

I waited to build my HTPC until Fordo 12.0 was available and loaded CE 3.0 ... everything worked well
I then upgraded to CE version 3.0.3 and still I had no issues, I tested pretty much everything.
The last thing I remember doing is to install the new home automation file and I am unsure if I tested after that.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last used Cinema Experience, but last night I received an error
CE gives me a "Script Failed!: addon.py" error when I press the cinema button within movie info.

Any ideas of what can be causing this. I see that there was a similar issue back in November but I assumed that a fix was put in place since I had no issues after install and upgrade

Nope, no ideas here... Need a debug log to diagnose any errors.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - BernieBl - 2013-03-23

Thanks for the prompt reply,
Let me see if I can find a guide on how to gather logs and submit them

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tdhz77 - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-23, 05:00)giftie Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 03:26)tdhz77 Wrote: I cannot save the settings and any of the videos playlist/folder/indiv videos. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm on frodo 12:0 and 3.03. I've tried to edit the xml files, but I can't enable the setting. Thanks.

Not sure why you are having trouble saving setting(nothing to do with the script, all XBMC). Are you clicking on OK before leaving the settings page. Also which XML file are changing(which folder?)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The problem was with my advancedsettings.xml and read/write permissions for smb.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rogerwilco340 - 2013-03-23

Hey Giftie,

I am running Frodo 12.1, and version 3.0.3 of CE. I have observed on several occassions an issue where the script loads the incorrect video for the corresponding audio codec whenever loading ISO files (Specifically, Blu-ray ISO files)...It always defaults to the THX video which is located in a subfolder entitled "Other"!?...Also, this error does not seem to occur whenever I load DVD ISO files with the script. I suspect that "new feature" where Frodo allows you to select a main title or menu system when playing a blu-ray ISO may be the culprit for this error!?. I would appreciate any feedback from you or other members who are interested! Many thanks!

Here is the url for the XBMC.LOG that I've posted.

http://pastebin.com/DrRjMEGD

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - giftie - 2013-03-23

(2013-03-23, 11:37)rogerwilco340 Wrote: Hey Giftie,

I am running Frodo 12.1, and version 3.0.3 of CE. I have observed on several occassions an issue where the script loads the incorrect video for the corresponding audio codec whenever loading ISO files (Specifically, Blu-ray ISO files)...It always defaults to the THX video which is located in a subfolder entitled "Other"!?...Also, this error does not seem to occur whenever I load DVD ISO files with the script. I suspect that "new feature" where Frodo allows you to select a main title or menu system when playing a blu-ray ISO may be the culprit for this error!?. I would appreciate any feedback from you or other members who are interested! Many thanks!

Here is the url for the XBMC.LOG that I've posted.

http://pastebin.com/DrRjMEGD

Couple of possibilities.....

XBMC does not always have the proper stream details of a movie until it has been played(a second or two is all that is needed).

XBMC has the audio format stored differently than the script is looking for. This is the case of the Galaxy Quest bluray. I'll add 'dolbytruehd' as a True HD format.

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - tinchokal - 2013-03-23

Hi giftie,
Any changes made to integrate the script with Xperience1080 skin? Last file i was able to download was from Mar 2010 and wasn't finished. Any updates?
Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script - rogerwilco340 - 2013-03-23

Giftie,

Thanks for the quick reply! I've pasted your response below, and injected additional information into the conversation.

Couple of possibilities.....

XBMC does not always have the proper stream details of a movie until it has been played(a second or two is all that is needed).
-Well, I was already aware of this...Tried it with several titles last night, but it didn't fix the issue. I'm thinking some condition has changed between the developement of Eden and Frodo. I actually had to do this in Eden with Blu-ray titles, and it always seemed to work! Not sure why I haven't been able to duplicate earlier success here in Frodo?!.

XBMC has the audio format stored differently than the script is looking for. This is the case of the Galaxy Quest bluray. I'll add 'dolbytruehd' as a True HD format.
-Today, I'll try a couple more of DTSHDMA titles, and see if I get a different response from the script. Thanks for your assistance!